herbal essence conditioners

sharie43sharie43 Posts: 77Registered Users
Hi everyone, I am trying to be modified cg and presently using sauve coconut to co-wash and would like to try something lighter, much to my dismay I can no longer find sauve, and vo5 also isn't available. Was wondering if any of the herbal essence conditioners were cg. Bear with me, I am still learning how to read my labels!

Comments

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    I'm pretty sure most of them aren't CG. Look at the ingredients of the ones you're interested in; if anything ends in -xane, -cone, or -conol, it's not CG. Also be on the lookout for mineral oil and paraffin.

Check out the products review thread for more ideas on conditioners!
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • sharie43sharie43 Posts: 77Registered Users
    Thanks curljenn I didn't know about mineral oil or paraffin.
  • Mrs.PhibesMrs.Phibes Posts: 3Registered Users
    Yeah, I don't know off of the top of my head if they have cones, but I'm nearly positive that they do if I remember correctly. Also (and I've tried several of them since they were introduced) the Herbal Essences conditioners ultimately left my hair in crappy condition after prolonged use. I'd try something else.
    You may leave school but it never leaves you!
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here's a site with a list of CG products: http://healthycurls.awardspace.com/free.html
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • sharie43sharie43 Posts: 77Registered Users
    Thanks for the link, out of that whole list for drug store the only 1 I think I may be able to find is the Aussie, I know the others aren't carried as I have already looked as I had seem them mentioned previously. Thanks at least I have something else to try to find. As I become more familiar with ingredients I may stumble across one on my own! Right I really like second opinions and advise from the you guys!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file