Moving to Northern Virginia

LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Registered Users Posts: 2,812
I'm from Connecticut and will be moving to Northern Virginia in December. I have only had two people (three, if you count my mom as a kid) do my hair. None of them have really done a "curly cut," but it's always had decent long layers and a nice shape both curly and straight.

Anyone know of a good salon/stylist in Northern VA? I will be in Round Hill - about 90minutes west of DC.

TIA :)
Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
It's Sydney, like Australia.
Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

Comments

• PriscillaPriscilla Registered Users Posts: 278 Curl Neophyte
    One of the best / closest to Round Hill may be Nicole Siri. She is at a salon in Reston Town Center (30 mins from RH).

She has written a book on curly styles (Strictly Curls). You can google and read about her. I believe she has had training by both Lorraine Massey / Deva and Ouidad.

She has, and gets curly hair, CG, no cones, etc.

She did a great curly cut for me. (However she is a little heavy with the stying products as many curly stylists are.)

You can check the salon recos on this sight for some other stylists which are closer into the city / dc.

Welcome to NoVa in advance!
    Grace sets apart Christianity from all other religions.

No other religion offers God's love and redemption coming to us free of charge, as a gift, with no strings attached, no performance required, no standard to meet.

Only Christianity dares to make God's love unconditional.

(Whelchel)
  • PriscillaPriscilla Registered Users Posts: 278 Curl Neophyte
    From Northern Virginia Magazine:

Curly Hair 101: Tips to Wrap Your Strands Around
    By Renee Sklarew
    According to NaturallyCurly.com co-founders Gretchen Heber and Michelle Bryer, more than 50 percent of Americans have curly hair, and most of them struggle with it. Whether theirs happen to be thick, coarse or fine, people born with natural waves often have a love-hate relationship with their locks.
    Google searches conducted by curly-headed hopefuls may lead them to Nicole Siri. Clients from around the Beltway visit the 32-year-old stylist at Salon Nordine in Reston Town Center, where they enjoy not only a first-class haircut, but also instruction in maintaining their style after leaving the salon. In this way, Siri doesn’t leave her clients feeling abandoned when they try out the techniques back at home.
    “Some common mistakes are brushing or combing after the hair is dry. Not applying enough products, or the wrong products,” Siri offered.
    Her recently published, full-color book, “Strictly Curls,” is a step-by-step guide to coil styling. It’s spiral-bound so that it can be propped open as readers test the tips at their sinks, offering relief for DIY hair technicians everywhere.
    “Work product through the hair. Don’t scrunch—this is not the ‘80s. Deep conditioners are a must, because curly hair is dry.” Siri recommended Oidad or MopTop products. “They reconnect the bonds that give curl bounce.” Most importantly, she said, don’t get frustrated and deny your hair’s natural inclinations. “Healthy curly hair is easier to manage. So embrace your curls, don’t fight them!”
    For more tips on taming that mane, visit www.strictlycurls.com.
    Grace sets apart Christianity from all other religions.

No other religion offers God's love and redemption coming to us free of charge, as a gift, with no strings attached, no performance required, no standard to meet.

Only Christianity dares to make God's love unconditional.

(Whelchel)
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Registered Users Posts: 2,812
    I looked her up a few days ago and it said she moved to Washington state. HMMMF

Any others that you, or anybody else, know of?
    Priscilla wrote: »
    One of the best / closest to Round Hill may be Nicole Siri. She is at a salon in Reston Town Center (30 mins from RH).

She has written a book on curly styles (Strictly Curls). You can google and read about her. I believe she has had training by both Lorraine Massey / Deva and Ouidad.

She has, and gets curly hair, CG, no cones, etc.

She did a great curly cut for me. (However she is a little heavy with the stying products as many curly stylists are.)

You can check the salon recos on this sight for some other stylists which are closer into the city / dc.

Welcome to NoVa in advance!

• LAwomanLAwoman Registered Users Posts: 2,949 Curl Neophyte
    I've been going to Cori at Mili Salon for about 6 years now - she is great. Mili Salon is in Arlington, VA, which may be too far for you though?

I used to go to a woman named Cindy at The Kindest Cut in Springfield, VA--she is also very good. Not positive if she is still there though?
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Registered Users Posts: 2,812
    I have a good friend who lives in Alexandria, so that would be a good reason to go closer into DC. :)

Thanks for the tip.

Any others?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file