wow

I've been looking at all the inspiring CG pictures and reading all the posts for months and this summer I decided to have a go (I teach eight year olds and thought I'd wait til the holidays so they wouldn't pass comment on the early mistakes!!)... it's only been ten days but holy COW what a change! I used to have to finger curl and twist each ringlet after I washed my hair, spending lots of money on Aveda Be Curly and getting nicely defined but rather tubelike curls.

Now, I just leave some Australian organics conditioner in, rake curl cream and gel through, and scrunch a little with a t-shirt - it's just as defined, and looks more natural and shiny! Amazing!
Though the best thing is probably the extra half hour in bed every morning now I can leave my hair to it :) Next target : 2nd day hair...

So thank you to everyone who was so proCG - you convinced me to try :)
curlyteach xx
3b or c? Very fine hair but lots of it!

Newly CG (ish) and loving it so far, currently using Original Source to Co-wash, Australian Organics to condition, Trevor Sorbie curl cream and shockwaves gel. Weekly sulphate free shampoo.

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Did you use the little tool that came with the Aveda Be Curly? After I went CG and found this site, I gave it a try, I'd had it for ages. I'm totally inept though so it looked awful. LOL

Good luck with Day 2 hair and the girls. :)
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    :headbang: for you, curlyteach!

(This thread is useless without pictures.) :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • maizymaizy Posts: 26Registered Users
    Congratulations.... I know how you feel. I've been at it for about 6 or 7 weeks and I am AMAZED at the difference. I'm still experimenting with different products and conditioners and have found a few truly amazing things and a few that are horrible for my hair - everyone is different. Such fun and frustration with the trial and error.... :p

I also love how simple my routine is now that I've found some good products for me. I shower and co-wash at night, scrunch in some aloe vera gel and a light hold gel, sleep in the wet pineapple, take it out in the morning and scrunch a bit and I'm done...Woo hoo.... welcome to the land of curls!! :tongue10:
  • curlyteachcurlyteach Posts: 6Registered Users
    thanks maizy... I've never tried sleeping in wet hair, dry pineapples leave me with crazy volume! I might have a go this evening with wet hair and see though... :)

whatsercurl (great name btw) :) I didn't get a tool with the Be Curly, maybe because I'm in the UK?! How intriguing though, what was it??

eche - if I had pictures I'd post them, but I just posted to thank people for being so encouraging.
    3b or c? Very fine hair but lots of it!

Newly CG (ish) and loving it so far, currently using Original Source to Co-wash, Australian Organics to condition, Trevor Sorbie curl cream and shockwaves gel. Weekly sulphate free shampoo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file