*UPDATE-REC'D FLOWER MOON SOAP ORDER*This could be interesting...Has anyone tried it?

Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
http://www.flowermoonsoaps.com/store/index.asp?CatID=28&image.x=23&image.y=15

Not that I need another new thing to buy, but this looks very nice, different... Some people on LHC are using this to wash their hair & body-cheap, too. The site doesn't list ingredients, but one person emailed them an got this response:

We use a basic castille recipe--olive oil. coconut oil, soybean oil and saponify it so that it will not harden into a mass. We add cocoa butter and goat's milk too. No lanolin. Then we put in either an essential or fragrance oil, optional colorant, and sometimes jojoba beads.

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Looks really interesting. Would these be considered a nopoo type cleaner because of the oils and no chemical?
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I would think it would still be a "poo" since it is a castille soap...just not a bad sulfate kind of poo...
  • pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    Does look interesting! And affordable.

But I am trying to use up what I have and then the next product on my list is the KBB sample set.

So hopefully someone will do the product research and report out!
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Posts: 457Registered Users
    looks really interesting.
    3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
    Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
    Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
    DT- Still working on that
    Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
    Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane
    So, I placed an order online on Sunday the 7th late at night, and actually received the package yesterday! One week from a small company, handmade products-not too bad...I was very cautious with fragrance-you'll see the theme here. I ordered 2 Dairy Whips-one in Vanilla Honey and one in Rice Flower and Shea. I also got 2 soaps- Cleopatra's Blend, which is Milk & Honey, and Cocoa Vanilla -self-explanatory, with cocoa butter and vanilla bean oil... They all smell wonderful. Not too strong, not too sweet...gentle, clean fragrances with a sweet edge. I used the Vanilla Honey DW today on hair and body. The DWs are in clear plastic containers, like you would get a deli salad order in, and they do look like a whipped dairy item. It has the consistency of a soft but solid bath cream, if you've ever used them. I only took a dime-sized blob- It has amazing lather, and is very moisturizing. I did not use conditioner, and my hair felt great after rinsing. A little of the squeaky-clean feel, but not waxy at all, no acv rinse required, no build-up feel at all. (I did do an acv rinse anyway, just to be sure, but I really don't think it's necessary at all). My hair was a little more tangly than it has been, but it detangled fairly easily without too much motivation. I shouldn't have tried this today since it's day two experimenting with FOTE, but I couldn't help myself. So, I used my KBB that's labeled hair milk, but is yellow and runny, so not sure if it's milk or nectar, mixed with molasses...then alot of FOTE, each application mixed with molasses as well. The humidity is still outrageous here, especially early a.m., but so far so good-light, fluffy spirals...I need more hold than the FOTE can give, but, I'm pretty happy with my hair today. I think I will try the DW again tomorrow, no acv...then back to CV or maybe one of the Flower Moon Soap Bars...I really can't wait to try those on hair and skin! Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to give details since it's uncharted territory.
    Please keep us informed. My hair's been great since going more natural. I think I'm as bad as you are with investigating the natural soaps. Used my first CV sample yesterday--and would probably not use another. I got some samples from: http://soap-lady.com/ She had pieces cheap--I got 8oz shipped for about $5. Went to pictures on the website to figure out what they were. I also have some organic handcrafted soap on the way. We'll have to see. I'm thinking this stuff will make great hostess gifts and holiday presents--LOL!! If it doesn't work out on my hair.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ajaneajane Posts: 323Registered Users
    The Flower Moon soaps and the Oregon Soap lady items look interesting. But it will probably take my well over a year to use up all my CV samples! I am trying to shut my eyes, I am not seeing any of this!
    It's funny (or sad, depending how you look at it), but the Soap Lady of Oregon is on my list, too...ugh...will it ever end? Anyway...day 2 using Dairy Whip, and this is love, folks :) I have found another keeper in my arsenal. Definitely moisturizing, "squeaky" but not stripping, no ACV necessary for folks who are anti-vinegar, lol...I did use my AOHR as rinse-out and leave-in w/molasses, then just added [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] w/molasses--no FOTE today, I have to come to terms with the fact that aloe vera does not give me good all-day hair, it's so drying to me...but I digress...my hair is light, fluffy, springy, shiny--and I stood at the busstop with my daughter in wet, yucky haze this morning for about 20 min...happy camper, today!
  • ajaneajane Posts: 323Registered Users
    To quote myself a couple of weeks ago in a comment to rymorg2, "I don't want to hear it, I don't want to hear it, I don't want to hear it, Yes, Yes, Yes I do!"
  • OperaCurlsOperaCurls Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    not to get off topic, but... I just purchased a Sappo Hill http://www.sappohill.com/index.html almond soap 'disk' at Fred Meyer tonight, it looked promising as a possible hair wash. Used it on my skin and it felt pretty nice. Not much lather, it actually seemed more like a slippery lotion, and my skin feels nice and moisturized. Planning on using it in my hair tomorrow, I'm excited :toothy7:
    Hopefully it will work well enough to keep me from ordering a bunch of CV samples and dairy whip whatevers for at least another month! Maybe?
    http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
    Flower Moon seems to be really responsive. I started to order some when CGF first posted. I used unusual restraint in not completing the order. Thought I should wait to see how CGF liked it. Tried to order some dairy whip tonight. It wouldn't let me sign in because it didn't recognize my email and wouldn't let me sign up because they had an account under that email. I contacted them through the site. About an hour later, I heard from them. They cleared everything up and I could take care of things. I ordered three tubs of dairy whip, as long as I was ordering. Can't wait to get it, but hope I have time to try some of my natural and organic soaps I got this week--before it comes, LOL!!!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They really have great service. I know some people had to wait a couple of weeks, but at 1 week I just wanted to make sure my order was there. I emailed, they emailed right back saying when it shipped and I should get it any day now. I had it that same afternoon. Yesterday,I emailed them again to let them know I received it, and just wanted confirmation on the full ingredient list since they don't put it on the tub. The quote that I listed from their site looks like there may be other things in the mix. They got back to me today, and the basic ingred list is as mentioned in the first post-they say nothing else is added. I just wanted to be sure so as not to mislead all you natural folks :). They're biiiiiig tubs, km, so 3'll last you a while. What scents did you get?
    They're biiiiiig tubs, km, so 3'll last you a while. What scents did you get?

I got Island Coconut Fantasy, Rice Flour and Shea Butter and Tropical Butter. It's hard to know what the smells are with almost any of them. Some of the names have nothing to do with anything! When you said big, I thought of what my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] and WSP look like. I guess we can do laps??? I'm sure some of my friends around here will want to try, LOL!!!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm still waiting. Got three "blind" shipping confirmations. One from 9/24 and two from 9/25. I'm guessing it might be for the dairy whip--I don't think I'm waiting for anything else right now. I thought it odd that they would send it out in three packages. The stuff was inexpensive and shipping for the lot wasn't too bad. It's go to cost them to send out three one pound packages. Of course, the USPS tracking has been notified, but doesn't have it checked in.

They are on the Eastern Shore of Maryland--it's a few hours away, so maybe one will come tomorrow and I can use it by Sunday:blob7:!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    I emailed them twice this week with questions and still haven't recieved an answer. Not sure what to do from this point, I love my sample I got from someone here :wink: and want to order some but have some scent questions. I'd rather an unscented to tell you the truth but a light fragrance would be fine too.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    I emailed them twice this week with questions and still haven't recieved an answer. Not sure what to do from this point, I love my sample I got from someone here :wink: and want to order some but have some scent questions. I'd rather an unscented to tell you the truth but a light fragrance would be fine too.

So happy you love it, too. I can't wait to try it! I remembered seeing this on the website:

Custom-made Dairy Whip
    To pay for a dairy whip or whips with a scent or scent-blend not listed on our site, you can order here and then email or call us toll-free at 1-888-489-9090 to let us know your choices. If you have any questions regarding availability, variety, etc., please email or call.

They emailed me in a few hours, in the evening. Maybe there was a problem. Why don't you call?? or at least email again??
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kathymack wrote: »
    I'm still waiting. Got three "blind" shipping confirmations. One from 9/24 and two from 9/25. I'm guessing it might be for the dairy whip--I don't think I'm waiting for anything else right now. I thought it odd that they would send it out in three packages. The stuff was inexpensive and shipping for the lot wasn't too bad. It's go to cost them to send out three one pound packages. Of course, the USPS tracking has been notified, but doesn't have it checked in.

They are on the Eastern Shore of Maryland--it's a few hours away, so maybe one will come tomorrow and I can use it by Sunday:blob7:!

Just realize they weren't blind confirmations--and they weren't Flower Moon :cry:! I guess I'll just have to wait.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rymorg2 wrote: »

So happy you love it, too. I can't wait to try it! I remembered seeing this on the website:

Custom-made Dairy Whip
    To pay for a dairy whip or whips with a scent or scent-blend not listed on our site, you can order here and then email or call us toll-free at 1-888-489-9090 to let us know your choices. If you have any questions regarding availability, variety, etc., please email or call.

They emailed me in a few hours, in the evening. Maybe there was a problem. Why don't you call?? or at least email again??

Yep, I remember seeing that too, and that's my next step, on Monday if they don't email me back. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just called Flower Moon Soaps. She said she just packed up my order and I should have it tomorrow! She said they've been really busy. Can't wait!!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saved by nc.com, again! I still hadn't been able to get the castor oil out of my hair from the Komaza Coconut Curl Pudding and hadn't wanted to do another soap bar today. I did a Braggs ACV rinse and minimal styling products. It was still producty and not nice.

Am having company to watch the Phillies playoff game and wanted nice hair. Was reading the Shikakai thread and contemplating doing that--when the doorbell rang! My dairy whip arrived, as promised! I used the tropical butter. Did a little AVC and KBB hair milk rinse out. This got my hair much cleaner than my organic soap bar or my Swastik Shirkakai. It did remove the castor oil. I used KBB nectar and a little WSP. My hair isn't quite dry. It's very soft. It's nice, but doesn't have quite the curl or volume of the organic soap bars. I think they are "milder." This certainly has a place in my arsenal. I'll be curious about day 2 and 3?

This consistency of this stuff is hard. I probably used too much. It really lathers, hence the more "stripping nature?"
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm glad you think you'll get some use out of it. It only takes a teeny bit to lather. I really enjoy using it, but I think I wouldn't want to use it every day because it is more cleansing. But-I must tell y'all that today I tried one of my Flower Moon soaps, and it is one of the best bars for me yet! No ACV or rinse-out conditioner. I used a bit of sitri nilla(I still don't know how it's spelled) as my leave-in under [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. My hair is conditioned, curly-wurly :), and no frizz. Their soap seems more mild than the DW, and I used it on my body, too. I won't be purchasing from them again any time soon, since the DW will last me a lifetime, lol, but when I run out of bars (alright, you can stop laughing now...) I will want more of their soap!
    My hair really curled up as it was drying, so I take the not as curly back. It soft and bouncy--still not quite as much volume. Definitely a keeper!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm glad you think you'll get some use out of it. It only takes a teeny bit to lather. I really enjoy using it, but I think I wouldn't want to use it every day because it is more cleansing. But-I must tell y'all that today I tried one of my Flower Moon soaps, and it is one of the best bars for me yet! No ACV or rinse-out conditioner. I used a bit of sitri nilla(I still don't know how it's spelled) as my leave-in under [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. My hair is conditioned, curly-wurly :), and no frizz. Their soap seems more mild than the DW, and I used it on my body, too. I won't be purchasing from them again any time soon, since the DW will last me a lifetime, lol, but when I run out of bars (alright, you can stop laughing now...) I will want more of their soap!

I notice that they have a few different categories of soaps...now you have to share which one it was that you used so I know which ones to get!! *lol* Seriously - I've been using a handmade castille soap for my little girl's eczema, and it's been working great - both her hair and skin are flawless! But I see that they have awesome prices and tons of scents (the castille section alone is mind-boggling!), so it would be nice to get a few new ones instead of just the calendula and jasmine I've been using. My little girl loves to smell like yummy things - her favorites right now are Pomegranate Body Butter, Burt's Bees buttermilk lotion, and coconut anything. *lol* I'm thinking of getting her some cocoa vanilla, pear, and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curls-Milkshake-p-884.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Curls-Milkshake]milkshake[/buylink] scents just for her.

So, are you using castille, glycerin, hybrid, layered, molded...? My interest is officially piqued! :laughing8:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is the one I used today-I also got the Coco-Vanilla. Very nice, mild fragrances....:) My hair likes things that have milk in it, which baffles me 'cause I can't stand to drink the stuff,lol...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cleopatra's Blend Castile Soap[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Was a soap made from milk and honey a favorite of the Queen of the Nile? A good question to asp. At any rate, milk and honey, when added as ingredients, make a soap that is wonderful for the complexion. We combine goat’s milk that we purchase from a local farmer with honey that is produced in our bee hives here at Flower Moon Soaps.[/FONT]
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ha! Wouldn't you know I skipped right over that one? I thought for some reason it would smell like musk. Sounds like one my hair would love, too!

I also found one called psychofruit in the layered glycerin soaps section...maybe it was hybrids...anyway, I think my little fruit basket might need that one, too. *lol*
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • amy51373amy51373 Posts: 1,205Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    And to think I keep telling myself that I'm done buying products until I use a few of mine up...Who am I kidding? I haven't even tried everything I have yet and I totally want to add some of the dairy whip to my arsenal.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
    I've tried the dw and like it a lot. I have full sized tubs of them coming to me. I called her today because still no email. She did email me but it got lost in email heaven. She knew who I was anyway. They do have unscented, so I got a tub of that and a tub of tangerine, which she said was a mild fruit scent. I can't wait to get it! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yep-used the same soap again today, this time did an acv rinse, aohr as a leave-in under [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]kccc[/buylink]...hair is soft (a little too soft since I used too much aohr), not producty feeling at all, though....Cleo bar is a keeper, for me, anyway...:)
    It's my fault, but I'm really disappointed. Don't know what my hair would look like day 2 of dairy whip trial. My hair ended up in nice tight curls yesterday. Today, I wet it, no rinse out, KBB milk and Innersense QCCC. I'd been reading those Denman threads again--don't know why I won't give it up. Did product, brush, scrunch in more product, etc. Ended up with more frizz and less curls. I think it's the Denman and not the dairy whip. If I threw it out, maybe I wouldn't be tempted:sad2:!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's my fault, but I'm really disappointed. Don't know what my hair would look like day 2 of dairy whip trial. My hair ended up in nice tight curls yesterday. Today, I wet it, no rinse out, KBB milk and Innersense QCCC. I'd been reading those Denman threads again--don't know why I won't give it up. Did product, brush, scrunch in more product, etc. Ended up with more frizz and less curls. I think it's the Denman and not the dairy whip. If I threw it out, maybe I wouldn't be tempted:sad2:!
    You sound just like me and KBB-it just ain' happenin':sad3: ...but do I stop trying? :roll:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file