Updated my Fotki

DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Well, I never intended to become this obsessed but here I am now I've joined the ranks!!! A few days ago I posted questions about Hair Spray cuz I wanted a little extra hold. While rummaging through my PJ stashes I cam across Pantene's TEXTURIZE! Spray Wax. I don't see any cones or alcohol and it really did give a great hold even after going out in the wind today! We had low humidity not sure if that had something to do with it. I'd love to get your opinions if you can see a difference? It's hard when you're looking at yourself!!

Thanks guys!:blob7:
Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    hmmmmmmm..................no replies but many views:dontknow:?????? Anyone?????
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • WannaLoveMyWavesWannaLoveMyWaves Posts: 53Registered Users
    Your hair is very pretty and shiny! I am thinking I really need to get on it and order CK already. I noticed one of your pics says still not a 3a.......I always want my wavy hairy to be curlier too; but, I think we just need to learn to love our waves :wink:
    Mixture of type 2 hair
    First day of Wavy CG method: 08/22/08

http://public.fotki.com/WannaLoveMyWaves/
    PW: waves
    Your hair is very pretty and shiny! I am thinking I really need to get on it and order CK already. I noticed one of your pics says still not a 3a.......I always want my wavy hairy to be curlier too; but, I think we just need to learn to love our waves :wink:
    FINALLY! Some input, thank you for that! I'm not fishing for complements I just want to know if it's a big difference or not cuz it's so hard to be able to tell for ourselves! I know we're supposed to love our waves, although I think you are pretty curly! :afro: well maybe not as curly as this LOL. I wonder what it would look like when it's longer, are you growing it out?? You still haven't ordered CK? I'll tell you what I told another gal

BUY CK :toothy7:buy it now :toothy7: follow the bouncing toothy..........
    :laughing6:
    Discovered CG 2007

• WannaLoveMyWavesWannaLoveMyWaves Posts: 53Registered Users
    I don't care if you want compliments or not you got one so accept it graciously :tongue5:

I know what you mean though. I posted pics hoping someone would tell me what I was doing wrong. It is like when I ask if I look fatter in something - I really want to know the truth!

I am compiling a list of things to order. These things take time :thumright:

Ooops - forgot to answer - yes, I am growing it out and it does seem to form better waves when it is longer. I can't wait!
    Mixture of type 2 hair
    First day of Wavy CG method: 08/22/08

http://public.fotki.com/WannaLoveMyWaves/
    PW: waves
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Dont be paranoid, now! You hair is very pretty - shiny, thick and healthy looking! Nice waves to it, enjoy!
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Love, love, love the windblown pic!!! :blob7:
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
    rudeechick wrote: »
    Dont be paranoid, now! You hair is very pretty - shiny, thick and healthy looking! Nice waves to it, enjoy!
    Awwww JEEEZ Rudee now you're making me sound like a real wacko!!! :eek:

Thanks for the encouragment, I'm sick of experimenting and now I've started YET another one for 2nd day and beyond........ It's an addiction, I need help!!!!! :goofy: I do have to say that I DID NOT like the Pastene TEXTURIZE! on 2nd day hair what a MESS! No amt of wetting, spritzing, clipping,plopping could fix it! So working on something else now...
    Wish me LUCK I'm really hating 2nd day!!:cussing:
    Discovered CG 2007

Why THANK you miss I can go 11 days (Oh I' mean 9 days, excuse me....)

and still look like a GODDESS :notworthy:
    Discovered CG 2007

• wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users
    I'm really terrible at seeing differences in before and after pics, but here's what I notice:

In the second group of pics (with the texturizing wax), your hair looks shinier and like it's holding together more. I'd say the waves do look more defined. I can't tell if it's actually curlier, though, or just more defined.

On the other hand, when I first looked, I thought the waves were a little flatter after the texturize wax. But that's not quite right.... that might just have been my first impression, because they were holding together and not fluffing up at all (does that make sense????)

I bought that texturizing wax once, long time ago, and I don't remember what was in it. I do remember that I stopped using it because it seemed to get kind of sticky/gunky/gummy.... not sure why. Are you finding that? There could be an ingredient there that doesn't wash out well, but I honestly don't know 'cuz I don't have mine anymore and don't know what was in it. (Maybe the wax, though!)

I'd say that would be the only reason NOT to use it, in my humble opinion. Your hair will tell you, though. Otherwise, it's just a matter of which look you prefer.

(And you do have very nice hair, by the way!) Good luck playing!

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
    I'm really terrible at seeing differences in before and after pics, but here's what I notice:

In the second group of pics (with the texturizing wax), your hair looks shinier and like it's holding together more. I'd say the waves do look more defined. I can't tell if it's actually curlier, though, or just more defined.

On the other hand, when I first looked, I thought the waves were a little flatter after the texturize wax. But that's not quite right.... that might just have been my first impression, because they were holding together and not fluffing up at all (does that make sense????)

I bought that texturizing wax once, long time ago, and I don't remember what was in it. I do remember that I stopped using it because it seemed to get kind of sticky/gunky/gummy.... not sure why. Are you finding that? There could be an ingredient there that doesn't wash out well, but I honestly don't know 'cuz I don't have mine anymore and don't know what was in it. (Maybe the wax, though!)

I'd say that would be the only reason NOT to use it, in my humble opinion. Your hair will tell you, though. Otherwise, it's just a matter of which look you prefer.

(And you do have very nice hair, by the way!) Good luck playing!
    Thanks so much for your input really, and I know there is nothing I can do in the "curlier" dept. I'm trying, really REALLY TRYING to just accept my "waves" and being happy with minimal frizz and minimizing the POOF AND going 2 days w/o washing. Is that too much to ask? LOL
    I'm still experimenting but I think I've decided I don't want to use the Pantene wax again, it worked well that one day but the next day was a disaster!!!

BTW-Where is YOUR fotki?????
    Discovered CG 2007

DEL2C wrote: »
    Why THANK you miss I can go 11 days (Oh I' mean 9 days, excuse me....)

and still look like a GODDESS :notworthy:

Thanks Del :D

I knew I shouldn't worn that toga in my fotki. Zeus is gonna be ticked that everyone *knows* .. :wink:

quote]
    Thanks so much for your input really, and I know there is nothing I can do in the "curlier" dept. I'm trying, really REALLY TRYING to just accept my "waves" and being happy with minimal frizz and minimizing the POOF AND going 2 days w/o washing. Is that too much to ask? LOL
    I'm still experimenting but I think I've decided I don't want to use the Pantene wax again, it worked well that one day but the next day was a disaster!!!

Oh, wow, I am still WAY too chicken to put up one of those! My hair doesn't look nearly as nice as yours or everybody else's yet -- lots of dryness issues that I'm dealing with, plus trying to get the products and routines right.

Plus, I just figured out how to use my new digital camera -- haven't figured out how to upload photos yet (if uploading is in fact what you do!) Also don't know how to get a Fokti.... etc.

I know, I know.... excuses..... I hope to have one someday. Goodness knows I could use the help.

I'm wavy too, and I don't think it is too much to ask to achieve the goals you want. (I have the same ones, basically!) You are well on the way, it looks like. I also don't think that any of us have to be curlier, necessarily -- I just thought you were asking if you looked curlier in the second group of photos (sorry if I misread).

I think that the looks in both of your groups of photos are really good -- just kind of up to you what you like better. (But it's interesting that you didn't like that wax the second day either -- wonder what that's about???)

Good luck figuring it all out. If/when I get my photos up, perhaps you can give me feedback too?:smile:

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
    quote]

Oh, wow, I am still WAY too chicken to put up one of those! My hair doesn't look nearly as nice as yours or everybody else's yet -- lots of dryness issues that I'm dealing with, plus trying to get the products and routines right.

Plus, I just figured out how to use my new digital camera -- haven't figured out how to upload photos yet (if uploading is in fact what you do!) Also don't know how to get a Fokti.... etc.

I know, I know.... excuses..... I hope to have one someday. Goodness knows I could use the help.

I'm wavy too, and I don't think it is too much to ask to achieve the goals you want. (I have the same ones, basically!) You are well on the way, it looks like. I also don't think that any of us have to be curlier, necessarily -- I just thought you were asking if you looked curlier in the second group of photos (sorry if I misread).

I think that the looks in both of your groups of photos are really good -- just kind of up to you what you like better. (But it's interesting that you didn't like that wax the second day either -- wonder what that's about???)

Good luck figuring it all out. If/when I get my photos up, perhaps you can give me feedback too?:smile:
    No don't be chicken! Here's the link to start your fotki http://www.fotki.com/us/en/ as soon as you figure out your digitial camera and uploading the pics you'll be on your way! I really would love to see your Deva cut! You should try JC nourish and shine it's amazing, I just posted my review check it out! And thanks for your feedback, of course I'll put in my 2cents when you need it!
    Discovered CG 2007

OK, I did it, God help me. As requested, you now have another "sample" of 2C hair.

I have a ways to go (vacillating wildly between too much gel and too much dryness/frizz!) But I hope I'm moving in the right direction. Any advice is always welcome.

(I didn't get a Deva cut, though -- just a regular one by a stylist who cuts wet but understands waves -- he's curly himself and I think he has a pretty good eye for where to put the layers. I think the layers are helping, even though the pre-haircut photo I sent you was actually one of my better days -- I had second thoughts about the cut when I saw it again! Didn't always look like that.)

Hope I'm linking you to the right place.

http://public.fotki.com/wavycurly/

Password:

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
    OK, I did it, God help me. As requested, you now have another "sample" of 2C hair.

I have a ways to go (vacillating wildly between too much gel and too much dryness/frizz!) But I hope I'm moving in the right direction. Any advice is always welcome.

(I didn't get a Deva cut, though -- just a regular one by a stylist who cuts wet but understands waves -- he's curly himself and I think he has a pretty good eye for where to put the layers. I think the layers are helping, even though the pre-haircut photo I sent you was actually one of my better days -- I had second thoughts about the cut when I saw it again! Didn't always look like that.)

Hope I'm linking you to the right place.

http://public.fotki.com/wavycurly/

Password: loopy
    YAY!!! :hello1::blob7::blob5::blob3:I'm so glad you did your fotki! I can definitely see the difference with the CK! If you're still having issues with frizz maybe you need a little more? Or more gel on top of it?? I tell you I LOVE LOVE LOVE JC nourish and shine it's a great decruncher and leaves your hair soft and shiny and you only need a little bit! You're looking good though, I don't know why you don't like the cut it just looks to me like a slight trim? BTW are you in MASS?
    Discovered CG 2007

Hey, thanks!

No, I do like the cut.... I had just almost forgotten that it did sometimes curl up a lot even before I got the cut! (It had been so flat recently).

I think the CK has been a big help, too, thanks for noticing! I'm still trying to find a gel that will work on top of it, but I've been given several good suggestions that I'm trying to delay for budgetary reasons.

And yes, that Nourish & Shine is sounding pretty darn tempting -- I forgive you for feeding my NPL (New Product Lust). Fortunately, or unfortunately, I'll have to wait a little while 'cuz the nearest Whole Foods is far away.

But yes, I do live in Mass., as a matter of fact. Do you? If you know other places here that stock that stuff, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks for the feedback and for encouraging me to join the 21st century, technology-wise.

:flower:

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
    Hey, thanks!

No, I do like the cut.... I had just almost forgotten that it did sometimes curl up a lot even before I got the cut! (It had been so flat recently).

I think the CK has been a big help, too, thanks for noticing! I'm still trying to find a gel that will work on top of it, but I've been given several good suggestions that I'm trying to delay for budgetary reasons.

And yes, that Nourish & Shine is sounding pretty darn tempting -- I forgive you for feeding my NPL (New Product Lust). Fortunately, or unfortunately, I'll have to wait a little while 'cuz the nearest Whole Foods is far away.

But yes, I do live in Mass., as a matter of fact. Do you? If you know other places here that stock that stuff, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks for the feedback and for encouraging me to join the 21st century, technology-wise.

I've tried so many gels I can't even list them all! The absolute BEST BEST BEST gel I have found (thanks to Rudeechic) and it's very reasonable at Target! It's very concentrated so you don't need a ton, I use about 2 nickel size puddles and my hair is so thick it's ridiculous. As far as the JCN&S I found it on e-bay cuz I don't have a whole foods or TJ's around here in NH :mad:. Oh and I'm originally from MA N.Shore area, where in MA are you? Are you a teacher? You said you were going back to work next week.

I'm not trying to feed your NPL but unless you have the right stuff you won't be happy and then if you can go a couple days or more between washing you'll save even more $ on products!!:toothy4: I've gone for the 1st time ever 4 days and I'm not HATING my hair. Once I stopped Recoil (I think my hair doesn't like mag sulph. either) my head isn't itchy and I don't have that URGE to just wash it. Now mind you, I still prefer it the 1st day but I can LIVE with it 2nd day+ now. I did find a better scrunchie for the night time pineapple too so that's also helped.
    Discovered CG 2007

Hey, thanks!

I've tried so many gels I can't even list them all! The absolute BEST BEST BEST gel I have found (thanks to Rudeechic) and it's very reasonable at Target! It's very concentrated so you don't need a ton, I use about 2 nickel size puddles and my hair is so thick it's ridiculous. As far as the JCN&S I found it on e-bay cuz I don't have a whole foods or TJ's around here in NH :mad:. Oh and I'm originally from MA N.Shore area, where in MA are you? Are you a teacher? You said you were going back to work next week.

I'm not trying to feed your NPL but unless you have the right stuff you won't be happy and then if you can go a couple days or more between washing you'll save even more $ on products!!:toothy4: I've gone for the 1st time ever 4 days and I'm not HATING my hair. Once I stopped Recoil (I think my hair doesn't like mag sulph. either) my head isn't itchy and I don't have that URGE to just wash it. Now mind you, I still prefer it the 1st day but I can LIVE with it 2nd day+ now. I did find a better scrunchie for the night time pineapple too so that's also helped.
    OOPS forgot the magic gel is Biosilk Rock Hard Gel- BRHG
    Discovered CG 2007

Hmmmm, another strong endorsement for BRHG.... I think it just jumped the line, ahead of LOOB and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], on the Big List of Products to Try.

Back to Target I go.......

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
    i honestly don't know what the fuss is about with this LOOB if it's what I think it is (I could be wrong) it's a lightweight cream texturizer but it did nothing for me, seemed to straighten out my waves!!! That [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] is quite popular for sure I'm trying to stick with what I've got for now!!! Curbing the PJ in me!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

Hmmmm, another strong endorsement for BRHG.... I think it just jumped the line, ahead of LOOB and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], on the Big List of Products to Try.

Back to Target I go.......
    so my curiostiy got the best of me & I started reading some of the Product Reviews on LOOB and it has Dimethicone in it. Maybe that's why my hair HATED it
    Discovered CG 2007

I did it and documented it on my fotki :blob7: It was great to not wash but by day 5 I was getting just a little itchy in the scalp so it was a relief. Now I'm curious if going that long will make any diff. when my hair dries tonight.........or is it just being lazy to not wash more often? It will save me $ on products that's for sure! 2X wk washing could work for me!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

I did it and documented it on my fotki :blob7: It was great to not wash but by day 5 I was getting just a little itchy in the scalp so it was a relief. Now I'm curious if going that long will make any diff. when my hair dries tonight.........or is it just being lazy to not wash more often? It will save me $ on products that's for sure! 2X wk washing could work for me!!!

Congratulations!!! :blob7:

Your Day 3 hair is gorj!

The only difference I've ever seen is more time to detangle. But when I wash after 7 days you would never know the difference between that wash and if I washed the day before.

While I'm saving boatloads of money on Kenra conditioner, I seem to make up for it with other products. I'm sure you remember the day I went looking for Waterlily and Aloe conditioner......:confused5:

Congratulations!!! :blob7:

Your Day 3 hair is gorj!

The only difference I've ever seen is more time to detangle. But when I wash after 7 days you would never know the difference between that wash and if I washed the day before.

While I'm saving boatloads of money on Kenra conditioner, I seem to make up for it with other products. I'm sure you remember the day I went looking for Waterlily and Aloe conditioner......:confused5:
    Thank you whatsercurl! You were my inspiration:toothy4: I'm not sure how you even got to see it I noticed my settings were off and I had it locked out somehow? Well it's fixed now. Anyways, yes I do remember your little PJ attack for the Waterlilly and Aloe;-)
    Discovered CG 2007

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file