Other Buildup?

SJWavesSJWaves Posts: 51Registered Users
I'm modified CG. Suddenly I've been getting buildup. I've looked and looked at the ingredients on my products and I can't find any cones. I'm out of my preferred gel (HE TT) so I'm using Tresemme "Bouncy Curls". I also tried using CK. One or the other (actually maybe both) have left my hair feeling really slimy, like I used Vaseline instead. I had the problem when using CK with the Tresemme, so I stopped the CK. Now I'm using just the Tresseme gel and it seems to still be slimy and coated. I gave in and used sulfate poo today and last week.

What else besides cones can build up? Is my hair just more sensitive because it's fine or possibly because of damage? I go back and forth on whether's it is damaged, because some days it feels okay and some days, it is very dry and limp.

Thanks,
sj
2-3A mix
Newly CG
No faves yet

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sometimes, if something causes build up--it just gets worse until you do something about it. First line of defense is an AVC rinse. Then you can try a gentler, non sulfate shampoo and last resort would be a sulfate shampoo. Non sulfate won't remove cones, but will remove other build up.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bibblesbibbles Posts: 54Registered Users
    Hi
    SJWaves, I have similar problem to you and I have fine hair also. I am always trying the CG method only to resort to sulphates when my hair begins to feel coated. I am on day 8 poo free and determined to stick it out. I do also think that if you have fine hair, less is best, sorry can't be any more help.
    Kathymack, my hair is very similar to yours but only on a good day. Are you CG and how would you describe your hair 3a or 3b, it looks healthy and full.
  • bibblesbibbles Posts: 54Registered Users
    OOps sorry, I have just reread and seen 3a, guess I got a bit excited when I saw your curls.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    bibbles wrote: »
    OOps sorry, I have just reread and seen 3a, guess I got a bit excited when I saw your curls.

Thanks bibbles. Not to guano the thread, but there's big discussion about what's 3a or b--some people thought there should be another subtype. I consider myself a 3a. Since going modified CG and than CG, my curls are better and better. With good product and technique, my curls start about 1/2 inch from the root. But they are random size Botticelli curls and not even corkscrews. Truth be told, it really doesn't matter. It's just a starting point.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    There are some hidden cones to look out for - anything that ends in 'xane and 'conol are also silicones. Check the Tresemme, because many products of that brand have 'cones.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file