CurlTalk

this is the reason I watch Shear Genius

FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
Rene Fris and not jsut because he's pretty to look at. I just can't help smiling (laughing really) when he speaks. His accent cracks me up. Also Kim Vo makes me chuckle as well. These two guys are really something else.

Anyone else watch this show?

(here's video of Rene talking in case you haven't heard him.)

74317891.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193FDE3AF4FFC4B70CF1A52FD966C98D82C284831B75F48EF45

Kim Vo.
2618326938_381a9dc34c.jpg?v=0
[FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

Comments

• ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    Kim Vo is such a sweetie, and a HUGE improvement over Sally Hershberger.

Rene is handsome, but he's on the border of being just a little bit too pretty.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    Rene has a bit of that JFK jr. thing going on. He seems exceptionally perfect. never a hair out of place, chiseled looks. strong jaw. tall. pretty eyes. perfect teeth. it's like he was manufactured. :)

• Charming NotionCharming Notion Posts: 697Registered Users
    shear genius is probably my favorite reality show, hands down. rene is very pretty! and i love his little catchphrase, "alright sylists...let's shake it!"
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • Scuba GalScuba Gal Posts: 383Registered Users
    I have been watching the Hershberger series all week since I have been up with a baby at like 3am...
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Weird. That link is to the Little Mermaid's Under the Sea song.
    really? it just tried it and it took me to the google video search results for Rene Fris. strangay

• texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users
    Free Curls, I think we must watch all the same tv show...swingtown, shear genius, bachelor...the more I read your posts the more tv I see we have in common!! :laughing7:
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    haha yeah, he's so pretty. I was watching last week and had to laugh when he said they had "1 hours left" and then a little while said "you have 15 minute left" LOL
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    I'm going to be the party pooper here, and say that Rene is the reason why I have a hard time watching Shear Genius!

Yes, very handsome, but I really can't handle his accent sometimes!

I do like Kim Vo, though.

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    I'll be in the minority and say I don't like Kim Vo. I find his mouth distracting. :lol:
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
    I'm not into Kim Vo for his looks. He's a unique looking man. But his mannerisms also make me chuckle

• g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    When I 1st saw Rene I thought, WOW, but when he started talking I was immediately turned off. Kim Vo is so sweet, but what is up with his face? Almost looks like plastic surgery gone bad.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
    it cracks me up when Kim asks if he can touch the hair when he's judging a cut. He's sooooo serious,

• CurlyCaseyCurlyCasey Posts: 224Registered Users
    What the heck IS his accent, anyway? :shock:

For the life of me I cannot figure it out! And I'm usually good at picking out accents. It just seems like he switches between five different ones on a whim...

So it's probably French, I know, but still. :sad1:
    3a/3b mix of ringlets and spiral curls
    BWC Rosemary Mint Tea Tree Conditioner,
    Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner,
    ***Aloe Vera Gel***
    Simplicity is best, at least for my hair. I co-wash every two days or so with the BWC and use the AOHR as a rinse-out when I need moisture. On other days, I just water wash, and I use AV gel every day to style. I air-dry and don't brush or comb my hair.

he's Danish. I'm assuming it's a Dutch accent. I'm not familiar with Dutch so I couldn't identify it either. I finally had to research. He was also on the Dutch version of Queer Eye. I assume he was the Kyan of that show.

• CurlyCaseyCurlyCasey Posts: 224Registered Users
    No way, really? I know someone who can speak Dutch (not natively) and he sounds nothing like that when he talks. Ah, well. Shows what I know.:binky:
    3a/3b mix of ringlets and spiral curls
    BWC Rosemary Mint Tea Tree Conditioner,
    Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner,
    ***Aloe Vera Gel***
    Simplicity is best, at least for my hair. I co-wash every two days or so with the BWC and use the AOHR as a rinse-out when I need moisture. On other days, I just water wash, and I use AV gel every day to style. I air-dry and don't brush or comb my hair.

• jennapeachjennapeach Posts: 37Registered Users
    He's Danish. His accent is... well, Danish. And he's pretty darned hot.

I cannot board the Kim Vo train. Something about him just oogs me out.
    Being a Dane or being Dutch are two different nationalities. No snark, just saying. :iconbiggrin:
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    I am just not even convinced this is the same person. I'd really like to see a pic before he went blond and started having work done.

kim-vo-plastic-surgery.jpg
  • boarderhopperboarderhopper Banned Posts: 295Banned Users
    CGNYC wrote: »
    I am just not even convinced this is the same person. I'd really like to see a pic before he went blond and started having work done.

in the second picture he looks like an ugly version of mariska hargitay from l & o
    mariskagu9.th.png
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    ive been meaning to google kim vo so that i could see what his original face looked like.

i cant stand rene. i feel like hes trying too hard. too hard to be good looking (which is working quite well), too hard to match a catch phrase for himself. i can never remember if its "lets go shake" it or just "shake it..." either way im not impressed.
    and the way he talks sometimes sounds like a 3 yr old with a french accent.
    "Hi hi" and "shake it shake it" make me want to "pukey pukey" :tongue6:
  • toothfairytoothfairy Posts: 242Registered Users
    "Hi hi" and "shake it shake it" make me want to "pukey pukey" :tongue6:

I hate the "hi hi"

I liked Kim Vo's comparison of one style to "taking a laxative and a sleeping pill in one night"
    I read somewhere that "hi hi" is actually "hej hej". It's Danish.
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    Kim Vo's b4 pic is so cute. He looked like a real person, not now.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
    Scarlet wrote: »
    I read somewhere that "hi hi" is actually "hej hej". It's Danish.
    "hej hej" in danish translates to "hi hi" in english though.
    Yes, I know that. The point is that althought "hi hi" may not be a greeting used in the U.S., it is in Denmark. That's the reason why he uses it.
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users

in the second picture he looks like an ugly version of mariska hargitay from l & o
    mariskagu9.th.png
    He really does have a very feminine face to begin with. I dont like it.
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkeikok%2F" class="Popup
    password:curly
    Scarlet wrote: »
    Yes, I know that. The point is that althought "hi hi" may not be a greeting used in the U.S., it is in Denmark. That's the reason why he uses it.

my friend in elementary school used to always say "hi hi". everytime he says it i picture an 8 yr old little girl!:iconbiggrin:
    Are grown men really running around Denmark doing the double hand flap and saying "hej hej"? Really? And what's the excuse for "shake it shake it?" It all just reeks of trying to hard to get my catch phrase on The Soup.

Stake it! Jack 2000!