Black soap to wash hair?

yodieyodie Registered Users Posts: 9
Anybody use black soap to wash their hair? I'm type 4a. Wondering what your experience has been. I'm interested in trying black soap to wash my hair and then twisting it with shea butter.

Comments

• bubbles76bubbles76 Registered Users Posts: 288
    I used black soap to wash my hair. I found that it didn't get my hair as clean as I liked. When I work out very hard, my scalp gets VERY oily for some reason. Also, I sweat a lot when I work out which makes my hair dry. So I have combination stuff going on. When I don't work out, the black soap worked okay, but not as good as my other shampoo bars.

However, I would still highly recommend the black soap. You can purchase a pound of black soap from nasabb.com I believe for around $18 with S+H. That sounds like a lot, but if you're only using it for your hair, it will last a long time. I used it for my hair around 10 times and I still use it body and face every day. I got it in mid November and there's still about 3/4 of it left.

Since you are also interested in shea butter for your twists, you can also purchase pure, unrefined shea butter from nasabb.com as well. It's very heavy, though, so you may want to whip it with something. I still have plenty of that too. The best part is you can order a sample pack from them for around $4.00. The pack comes with the one ounce sizes of the black soap, unrefined shea butter, shea butter lotion, kelechi oil, and oatmeal shea butter soap. You will have enough black soap to try out on your hair. The sample sizes sound small, but you get enough for a few hair washes. The site also has helpful hair and body hints.

If you want recipes for whipped shea butter, you can look on nappturality.com.

Sorry for the book :lol: HTH.
    Last Relaxer August 15, 2004
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png
  • yodieyodie Registered Users Posts: 9
    Thanks for that info. Every tidbit helps. I'll try nasaab.com
  • bubbles76bubbles76 Registered Users Posts: 288
    They have an excellent website, and their customer service is good too.
    Last Relaxer August 15, 2004
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file