I now have proof natural works for me....

rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
Over the last two days, I got complements at work on several occasions about my hair. All I used was my CV bars and shea butter both days! HA! So it does work! I wasn't about to tell them what I used though. They'd FLIP out on me. Whatever. :occasion9:
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That's fantastic! But...you gotta tell them...the looks on their faces is part of what makes it all worthwhile, no? :wink:
    I'm still experimenting with shea-some days it's great, others it's way too heavy...and I need more control with this weather...it is nice to know that it's possible to get great results with it all by itself!
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    That's fantastic! But...you gotta tell them...the looks on their faces is part of what makes it all worthwhile, no? :wink:
    I'm still experimenting with shea-some days it's great, others it's way too heavy...and I need more control with this weather...it is nice to know that it's possible to get great results with it all by itself!

Yeah, the look on their faces......they'd faint, and then it'd just be me at work! LOL! Shea can be like that for me too, but usually it's when I use too much of it. And admittedly I did take my fingers through my hair and pulled my wave out, sortof straightening it (no flat iron though) but it works both ways!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    YAY for compliments!!! You must be thrilled, rymorg2!!:blob7:

Ok, now I want to see how few products I can use and be happy with my hair!! (My inner PJ is screeching in protest)

I love CV whipped shea butter, so I am going to try your two step routine, rymorg2....

I feel like I am getting back to nature....I am waiting for woodland animals to come serenade me.....
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    Over the last two days, I got complements at work on several occasions about my hair. All I used was my CV bars and shea butter both days! HA! So it does work! I wasn't about to tell them what I used though. They'd FLIP out on me. Whatever. :occasion9:

I'm just about ready to place an order for CV soap and have a couple q's for you.

Have you used ever used the Honey Butter soap in your hair? I've read on another forum that a lot of people use the HB soap as it's more moisturizing that the shampoo bars.

Also do you by her Shea butter? If so do you have a scented kind or do you use the natural?
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Never used CV shea, but LOOOOOVVVVE the Honey Butter Soap!
    eche428 wrote: »
    I'm just about ready to place an order for CV soap and have a couple q's for you.

Have you used ever used the Honey Butter soap in your hair? I've read on another forum that a lot of people use the HB soap as it's more moisturizing that the shampoo bars.

Also do you by her Shea butter? If so do you have a scented kind or do you use the natural?

I use the Honey Butter soap in my hair all the time. I love it that way! It's one of my faves. Sometimes I use it for both lathers and sometimes just the second, like I would a conditioner.

I also love her shea butter. I have both the natural and the lemon/almond scented ones. I can use them in my hair as well as her whipped cocoa butter. From what I understand though, they are hit and miss with use in the hair....some people find them too heavy that way. I don't have problems though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok, now I want to see how few products I can use and be happy with my hair!! (My inner PJ is screeching in protest)

I love CV whipped shea butter, so I am going to try your two step routine, rymorg2....

I feel like I am getting back to nature....I am waiting for woodland animals to come serenade me.....

Yep, thrilled is right! My PJ is screeching too, that's why I'll be ordering lots of soap and shampoo bars soon. LOL! I really like the two step routine though. It is very simple and easy. Hope you like it too! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just placed my order for the Honey Butter soap and Shea Butter. I'm so excited!!!
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users

LOL Well, at least you don't have to be concerned they will be chasing you like we talked about in that other thread! :smilebox:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users

:flower: That's awesome rymorg2!! Congratulations on having hair to envy. And I'm with you - simple is better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangeorange Posts: 176Registered Users

That's awesome, I'm so jealous that you can just use the shea butter as a leave-in. (Every time I see this thread, I read it, as "I now have poof.")

• pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    misspam wrote: »

LOL Well, at least you don't have to be concerned they will be chasing you like we talked about in that other thread! :smilebox:

True enough! Hopefully if they are serenading me, they aren't hunting me down for the honey essence in my hair.....;-)

I have to say, though, that I don't think I can be as minimalist as rymorg2...:-(
    My hair was shapeless with just shea butter in it. I must need some gel. Oh well.....
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file