new here... have some questions

JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hello all!

I've been reading up on how to go CG and would like to know what "plopping" is...

Also... I've straightened my hair for so long that now I have sections in the front that do not curl and there are other sections where it's curly towards the scalp, but straight at the bottom. I figured I could just use a small barrel curling iron to fix that problem, but don't really want to because of the damage. Essentially, I've straightened my hair all my life and now would like to start going curly because I want to repair my hair from all the damage it incurred from the straightening. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with these sections that don't curl as well as the rest of my hair?

Sorry I don't have any pictures available because, like I said, I've straightened my hair ever since my mom allowed me to use a blow dryer. :sad8:
cowash: Tresemme Naturals
rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity

Comments

• ScrappyTamScrappyTam Posts: 470Registered Users
    I learned how to plop from Jessicurl's video. Go to http://www.jessicurl.com and click on videos. There's one called plunking. That's the one you want.

HTH.
    I almost threw my ovaries at him. - Trenell

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    I think as you start CG and repair your hair, these sections will curl more on their own. It doesn't happen immediately, since your hair is pretty damaged after straightening for so long, but eventually it will.

How short is your hair? You may also consider trimming the damaged ends off.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you for the replies!

I watched the video on plunking, but my hair is right above my shoulders when it's straight and the video said that she doesn't recommend doing it for short hair. I may just try it anyway just to see what the results I get.

I just got my hair chopped because it was so damaged - it had been down to between my shoulder blades, but it was so dead that I got it cut to right above my shoulders. I'm going to try to take some pictures here in the next couple days so that I can post to may be get some more help as to what to do.

I'm sure like you said, what I'll need is patience and hopefully being CG will help repair a lot of what I've done. Thank you!
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file