Gel Help!

SnoWhiteSnoWhite Posts: 91Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I'm currently using VO5 Strawberries & Cream conditioner as a leave in (great leave in by the way!) and Biolage Gel. My hair looks great when I leave in the morning for work, but by the time I leave work, my hair is frizzy. I try not to touch my hair through out the day.

Is my gel just not strong enough? Can anyone suggest another gel that I might should try? I prefer not to buy from online and would rather shop at a Trade Secrets or Ulta.

Thanks in advance.
Amy
Houston, TX
shoulder length fine 3b/c curls

Comments

• urbancurlurbancurl Posts: 980Registered Users
    Hi! It could be the gel, but it could be the conditioner or the combination of the 2. Sorry, I'm not helping am I. :oops:

How long have you been using each product, and what do you cleanse your hair with?
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • SnoWhiteSnoWhite Posts: 91Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    urbancurl wrote:
    Hi! It could be the gel, but it could be the conditioner or the combination of the 2. Sorry, I'm not helping am I. :oops:

How long have you been using each product, and what do you cleanse your hair with?

I'm so frusturated, that I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for your response.

I cleanse my hair once every 2 weeks (give or take a few days) with Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Shampoo.
    Amy
    Houston, TX
    shoulder length fine 3b/c curls
  • urbancurlurbancurl Posts: 980Registered Users
    Have you tried heavier, more moisturizing conditioners, and/or using more of the gel? I have used Biolage Gellee, and it seemed on the heavy side to me, but maybe I use a lot of it.
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    urbancurl wrote:
    Have you tried heavier, more moisturizing conditioners, and/or using more of the gel? I have used Biolage Gellee, and it seemed on the heavy side to me, but maybe I use a lot of it.

I agree with this advice. Are you able to order conditioners from curlmart? [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]Deva One Condition[/buylink] or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Jessicurl Too Shea[/buylink] or Curls Hair Ecstasy would be a major step up from the VO5 and provide better moisture. Biolage Gellee is a very strong hold gel, so I don't think gel is the problem unless you are using a tsp. for very long hair. I use about a nickle size of gel for almost shoulder length hair and get all day hold. It sounds like your hair is just dry from using cheap conditioner.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • LaVidaCurlyLaVidaCurly Posts: 58Registered Users
    Try adding a dab of honey to your gel. I am pretty sure that will solve all your problems without having to spend lots of money. You may have to experiment to get the right amount. If hair is crunchy you put too much. Unless you like it like that. And the gel I like best is tresseme (sp?) and that stuff is pretty cheap too. I sometimes find two for one sales. Good luck!

p.s. I have thick medium coarse 3b hair. I also put curls rock on top. But, that is just out of habit I need to try it without.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file