has anyone tried the dark brunette for gray Mehandi bundles?

orangeorange Registered Users Posts: 176
Does anyone know if the dark brunette grey bundles from Mehandi are any good? Is it easier to just mix the henna & indigo yourself, or is it worth buying the bundle here?

They say:

"Dark Brunette for Gray Mehandi Bundle: 100g BAQ3 henna from Yemen, 200g indigo, 2 nitrile gloves
Many people use one part BAQ3 henna from Yemen and two parts indigo to dye their hair dark brunette. This gives GREAT gray coverage! One bundle will dye shoulder length hair.Order more bundles for longer hair to stock up."

I have a few grays, so might use some; but I'd really like to get it for my mother who has been using synthetic dyes for years. Is it OK to add henna & indigo over a synthetic dye, or would it be better just to dye the roots?

Thanks!

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I don't buy it as a bundle, but I use that supplier for my henna and indigo. I use a different "recipe" though, as 1:3 henna:indigo would be too dark for me and I like to keep some red in my hair, but if you want dark brown, the bundles are a nice way to start. Catherine at Mehandi has great high-quality henna.

It's fine to use henna/indigo over chemically dyed hair, as long as it's BAQ (body art quality) henna, which Catherine's is.
  • orangeorange Registered Users Posts: 176
    Thanks for the info! I'm going to get the one w/ alma for a cooler brown color.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file