Any Conditioner Can Be A Deep Conditioner, Right?

msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
As long as it's on the hair for a period of time and heat may or may not be used? And what's the purpose of a hair masque? Does it act in the same way as a deep conditioner?
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• An AkashaAn Akasha Registered Users Posts: 175
    I think so. I use my regular conditioner as a deep conditioner when I leave it on longer and use a heating cap.
    BSL of thick 4a/ 3c coils.
    Member since 1999.
  • bubbles76bubbles76 Registered Users Posts: 288
    Same as An Akasha. Unless you're doing something special, like a protein deep conditioning treatment, I think you can use a regular conditioner. I use Natures Gate Conditioners as deep treatments. I bought a so called "deep conditioner" from Sallys and it wasn't that great. You may want to purchase a conditioner that has very moisturizing ingredients in it to use a regular conditioner and deep treatment, and just leave it in longer and use heat when you deep condition.
    Last Relaxer August 15, 2004
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png
  • DocDoc Registered Users Posts: 367
    I use my regular conditioners for deep conditioning all the time, but I do "soup them up" by adding coconut oil, honey and avocado oil to make them richer. Although it's not necessary, I generally add heat (Excpet in the summer time) to increase moisture uptake. :)
    Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file