need a good salon in GA

sunshowersunshower Posts: 229Registered Users
hello all! wow, it's been FOREVER since i've been to this board! i see a few familiar names, but no one probably remembers me. :)

anyway, i'm hoping someone can help me find a good salon somewhere around the Atlanta area, because i really want my hair cut. my hair is mostly 3c with some 4a, very thick, and almost waist-length. i cut all my relaxer off almost 6 years ago and have been growing it out ever since. i wanted to see how long i could grow it, and now that it's almost to my waist, i just can't take it anymore. it's gotten to be so much of a hassle, and detangling is a nightmare. long story short, i need someone who really knows how to cut hair like mine so i don't come out looking like Bozo on crack. preferably someone around the Marietta/Atlanta area. i can't trust my hair to just anyone, you know. :wink: i haven't been to a salon in 7 years, so i'm quite nervous about letting someone get near my head with scissors in their hands. so...can anyone suggest a good stylist for me?
--Tiffany--
*Reformed PJ*
3c/4a - coarse and super thick, APL when curly, somewhere around WL when stretched
http://public.fotki.com/hokukoroku/ - i never update. shame on me :(

Last Relaxer - January 30, 1999
BC - March 21, 2000

Currently using: AO HSR & GPB conditioners, Vatika Oil, SheaMoisture, homemade African Black Soap shampoo & hair lotion.

Comments

• atlantisrisingatlantisrising Posts: 263Registered Users
    I recently heard of Afrodisiac. I don't know the address but I think it's on Whitehall. Maybe you could google it? I hear Fatimah is good.
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    there's a salon in smyrna called House of Hair and a stylist named Tatiana who is good with natural hair, I have heard.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • JEMJEM Posts: 57Registered Users
    This is a great topic! I live in Ga too and I have not had may hair cut in quite a while. I found a few salons tha carry the Deva curl products, but I have no idea if they can cut hair. Any other suggestions? tia!
    2a with 3a mixed in. Fine, thin hair; straight at crown for 2 inches, then curl. Clips are my friend or I'd have no volume on top. Currently using DevaCurl line. Also love aloe vera gel and KCCC. CG since Feb 2010. First Deva Cut April 2, 2010.
  • cookie5cookie5 Posts: 23Registered Users
    I would suggest 3 salons.

1) DonJanelle in Decatur...ask for Stephanie
    2)Classy Impressions in Tucker...ask for Orquidea
    3)Lilly's Hair Plus in Norcross

All three are excellent with curly hair. I am a type 3b/c and have been to all three and they do a great job!
    Hairtype- 3b/c
    BC- December 18, 2004
    Length- About 6-6.5 inches (stretched)
    Monthly Goal- 1/2- 1 inch
    Ultimate Goal- 25 inches(stretched), Healthy
    http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=atl_mulattamami
    Check out my album! :)
    cookie5 wrote:

All three are excellent with curly hair. I am a type 3b/c and have been to all three and they do a great job!

my sister used to go to lilly's years ago...she said they are really good and they feed you good dominican food too.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • JEMJEM Posts: 57Registered Users
    cookie5 wrote:

Lily's is the worst salon ever! :twisted: Very unprofessional and the wait is ridiculous, b/c they don't take appts. Some of the stylists do excellent roller sets/blow outs but it is not worth all the hassle. that said anyone wants to go, I suggest these stylists:
    Orqui- she is by far the best especially for hair like mine(see pics)
    Luchi- again awesome
    Rosa- she is very popular
    2a with 3a mixed in. Fine, thin hair; straight at crown for 2 inches, then curl. Clips are my friend or I'd have no volume on top. Currently using DevaCurl line. Also love aloe vera gel and KCCC. CG since Feb 2010. First Deva Cut April 2, 2010.
  • curlyboricuacurlyboricua Posts: 59Registered Users
    I have been to Lily's Dominican salon in Norcross. I agree that the wait is ridiculously long. There are alot of good stylists. The place is just so crowded on the weekends. But Dominican salons to me, are the best for straigtening curly hair. Sometimes it is worth the wait.
    3b hair and long
  • Velvetmug22Velvetmug22 Posts: 409Registered Users
    Traxx International Hair and Make-Up Bar. Go to Sedric. He use to do my 3b,3c hair when I lived in Atlanta about 5 years ago. He is the owner and he's really really good. Check out the magazine Black Hair sometime and he is usually in there when they do a Natural section.
    Short 4A Hair.
  • sunshowersunshower Posts: 229Registered Users
    thanks so much for the suggestions, ladies! :)
    --Tiffany--
    *Reformed PJ*
    3c/4a - coarse and super thick, APL when curly, somewhere around WL when stretched
    http://public.fotki.com/hokukoroku/ - i never update. shame on me :(

Last Relaxer - January 30, 1999
    BC - March 21, 2000

Currently using: AO HSR & GPB conditioners, Vatika Oil, SheaMoisture, homemade African Black Soap shampoo & hair lotion.
  • kandesnbkandesnb Posts: 161Registered Users
    I also recommend going to Traxx, but seeing Tasha. Sedric is good. I've seen his work, but I haven't seen him do many presses lately. I go to Tasha and she presses and cuts like it's nobody's business. She cut the rest of my relaxed ends off back in October and I am LOVING my hair. Straight or curly. She pressed my hair once a month (sometimes twice a month) during my entire transition (13 months) and I never experienced any damage.

Gabby......not to take anything away from Sedric and all but....I think Tasha does the best presses. Every time I get my hair pressed I get many many compliments. Your hair will look like you just got your hair relaxed, but without all the horrible damage.

PM me and I'll give you her cell phone number. She doesn't use the receptionist at the salon to set up appointments. She does it herself.

Also, you can see her work in my fotki under the Straight folder.

Good Luck!
    Yooooo! ;-) Coily and Springy 3c!
    Major PJ! Redken All Soft Conditioner & Biosilk Silk Therapy are my favorites!!

http://www.fotki.com/kandesnb
    www.myspace.com/sillybyrd

Relaxer free since Sep. 2003!
    JEM wrote:
    cookie5 wrote:

Lily's is the worst salon ever! :twisted: Very unprofessional and the wait is ridiculous, b/c they don't take appts. Some of the stylists do excellent roller sets/blow outs but it is not worth all the hassle. that said anyone wants to go, I suggest these stylists:
    Orqui- she is by far the best especially for hair like mine(see pics)
    Luchi- again awesome
    Rosa- she is very popular

Those are stylists from lilly's salon?
  • Velvetmug22Velvetmug22 Posts: 409Registered Users
    I don't know anything about Tasha. I only suggested Sedric as he is the only one from Traxx who has done my hair and he always did a fabulous job. So really, you could probably go to either person.
    Short 4A Hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file