Terresentials and dust?

rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
Anyone have any issues with dust/dirt on your scalp from the terresentials? I'm thinking THAT may be why I'm itchy occasionally. I had a comb and was going through combing my hair and it came back all dusty/dirty like. Any thoughts?
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    I haven't had that problem, but it would make sense that if you are having itching, then that might be the culprit.

Maybe do a really careful scalp wash with CV then a mild acv?
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    I haven't experienced this problem either. If it truly is dust from the clay, perhaps more thorough rinsing or trying not to wash the scalp with the cleanser would help. I do agree with pigreyhound that a nice lathery wash with a CV bar and an acv rinse may help. Let us know how this works out. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Thanks guys....my hair is so thick that I rinse and rinse but obviously it's still there.....I'm going to try using just my cv bars for a day or two and see if that helps. I'll let you know what I find out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Well, I got a shower and used my CV bars. It took THREE lathers to get a good lather. That's how much of that stuff was in there. Between the dust (I guess) and the shea butter that I love so much, that's how much it took. Anyway, the first two times I used my cafe moreno bar (yum) and left it on for a few mins. after the second. Then I lathered the third time with my sample of the honey butter soap. Usually all it takes is one or two lathers, and I don't always need acv either, but this time I did, so I did a dilute rinse, and added in some AOHR condish on top, left it in a few mins. and rinsed. It feels better but right now it's drying so we'll see. Oh, and since I hadn't gotten to try it I tried my Curls WSHP to see how it would do. That's all I put in my hair.

I'm thinking I may just stick with my bars. I love the detox and all, and wish I could get the mud to work better, but I rinse enough as it is, and if it still didn't get rid of it all I may just have to forgo it. Which stinks, because I have two brand new bottles of LCL on their way and arriving tomorrow. Bummer.

If I do decide to go with the bars I'll probably still purchase some stuff from Terresentials. I like the oil and FFMC. And I may try their skincare. I get some detox from the bars anyway. The nice thing is the bars are just as simple, for me anyway. And I can use my AO condishes that I do love. I'll probably still stick to oils, butters, and FSG for stylers though. Oh, and AVG or juice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anyone need any LCL wash?

My hair is almost completely dry. I wasn't worried about the wave staying today, since I'm not going anywhere. It's very soft and my scalp feels better though, so I'm going to stick with my bars I think. I don't regret my foray into the hair detox with terresentials though. I just think these work better for me and my family.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Would you still want a bottle to do an occasional mask? I understand why you would want to use the CV bars daily, but I wonder if your hair would benefit from an occasional mini-detox?

Just a thought.
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Would you still want a bottle to do an occasional mask? I understand why you would want to use the CV bars daily, but I wonder if your hair would benefit from an occasional mini-detox?

Just a thought.

I've thought about that too, and I'm thinking that I will do that probably, but still not sure. I'm thinking maybe a bi-monthly detox. Just a day or two.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rymorg2 - While I am sorry to hear we might be losing another Detox Diva, I am so very happy to hear you are having success with the CV bars. Honestly, whatever you find in the all-natural realm that also gives you great hair is a winner! :toothy7:

As I was placing another CV order this morning, I did have a thought. I wonder if the "dust" you have been experiencing is the brewed coffee from the Cafe Moreno shampoo bar? You know how coffee always leaves a residue or film in the pot as well as your coffee cup? The coffee leaves a deposit to color your hair and maybe is also leaving a deposit on your scalp. :dontknow:

Of course I am not discounting the possibility that the TE clay cleansers are the culprit. Nobody knows your hair better than you. I'm just offering it up as a possibility.

Either way, I agree with pigreyhound that you might want to keep the bottles you have coming to do an occasional mask or detox. Please let us know how things go for you. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    misspam wrote: »
    rymorg2 - While I am sorry to hear we might be losing another Detox Diva, I am so very happy to hear you are having success with the CV bars. Honestly, whatever you find in the all-natural realm that also gives you great hair is a winner! :toothy7:

As I was placing another CV order this morning, I did have a thought. I wonder if the "dust" you have been experiencing is the brewed coffee from the Cafe Moreno shampoo bar? You know how coffee always leaves a residue or film in the pot as well as your coffee cup? The coffee leaves a deposit to color your hair and maybe is also leaving a deposit on your scalp. :dontknow:

Of course I am not discounting the possibility that the TE clay cleansers are the culprit. Nobody knows your hair better than you. I'm just offering it up as a possibility.

Either way, I agree with pigreyhound that you might want to keep the bottles you have coming to do an occasional mask or detox. Please let us know how things go for you. :)

Good thought, but I doubt it. It's light colored, like dried mud. And I wasn't using the cafe moreno; the last two were the only days I'd used it for over a week. I was using the Terresentials exclusively.

I love the idea of the Terresentials. But my head feels so much better today. My hair is soft too. sigh......I loved being a "detox diva".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with dust/dirt on your scalp from the terresentials? I'm thinking THAT may be why I'm itchy occasionally. I had a comb and was going through combing my hair and it came back all dusty/dirty like. Any thoughts?

could the dirt be the actual clay from the terressentials cleanser that wasn't thoroughly rinsed away?

if you have a massage head on your shower, maybe you could use that during your rinse to make sure the water blasts through your thick hair to your scalp to get all traces of the cleanser out.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
    rainshower wrote: »

could the dirt be the actual clay from the terressentials cleanser that wasn't thoroughly rinsed away?

if you have a massage head on your shower, maybe you could use that during your rinse to make sure the water blasts through your thick hair to your scalp to get all traces of the cleanser out.

Hi Rainshower....that's exactly what it is, which is why I'm considering stopping using it. I don't have a massage head though, they're too heavy for my piping. Thanks for the idea though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I love the idea of the Terresentials. But my head feels so much better today. My hair is soft too. sigh......I loved being a "detox diva".....

You will always be a Detox Diva....it is like being Catholic....once a Catholic, always a Catholic....
    CG since '08.

You will always be a Detox Diva....it is like being Catholic....once a Catholic, always a Catholic....

LOL that's so true! If I decide to cut out the Terresentials I'll still be detoxing with the bars, just not as quickly. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL that's so true! If I decide to cut out the Terresentials I'll still be detoxing with the bars, just not as quickly. :D

rymorg2 - Of course you'll always be a Detox Diva. I am sorry if I made it sound like you were being excommunicated or something. I merely was expressing my sadness at the possibility that you were not happy with the TE cleansers. That's all - I'm sorry. Here, have this :icescream:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    misspam wrote: »

rymorg2 - Of course you'll always be a Detox Diva. I am sorry if I made it sound like you were being excommunicated or something. I merely was expressing my sadness at the possibility that you were not happy with the TE cleansers. That's all - I'm sorry. Here, have this :icescream:

I didn't take it that way misspam....but thanks for the ice cream! :D I just meant that I loved the idea of detoxing with the terresentials. I'm sad I may not be able to use it too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Well, it's been 5 days since I went to just using my CV bars and my head isn't itching and it's not dusty either. I have the occasional normal itch on my head but not like it was. So I'm going to forgo the TE and stick with my CV bars, vinegar, and shea and stuff. Thanks guys for all your help and I still consider myself a Detox Diva!!!!! (I need a smiley that snaps in the air to post here. ROFLMBO!)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file