Ladies I did the BC yesterday....now what?

growingitlonggrowingitlong Registered Users Posts: 122
I got a 'boy cut' and I must say I am LOVING it! The problem is I don't know my hair type & wanted to ask for recs on a leave-in? Would Oyin greg's juice be okay to use? Or what about Giovanni direct leave-in? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I CW last night and plan on doing this 5 days a week. My plan is to CW 5 days a week(to combat dryness), deep co 1 time a week, apply leave-in, s-curl & asha's omega oil. Trying to keep it simple as much as possible.

Should I even be worried about a leave-in conditioner?

thanks in advance ladies

Comments

• eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Registered Users Posts: 4,151 Curl Connoisseur
    Congrats on the BC! :D

Do you think you need to CO wash 5 days a week? Have you thought of in between CO washing, spritzing your hair with maybe a conditioner/water mix to refresh since your hair is short? Or maybe just using the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg Juice[/buylink]? You don't want to over-condition your hair. But, if your hair responds well to CO washing frequently, go for it.

I think all you should need is a conditioner to CO wash with, a leave in and a styling product. Keep it simple.

Do you have any pics? We'd love to see them. :)
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • blaqpearlblaqpearl Registered Users Posts: 310
    Yes I wanna see to. Shygirl said it all, keep it simple and do what works best for you.
    I have kinks, coils and curls on this head.
    Certified PJ. I need rehab.
    Hair Album
    Last update 1/1/07
  • growingitlonggrowingitlong Registered Users Posts: 122
    Congrats on the BC! :D

Do you think you need to CO wash 5 days a week? Have you thought of in between CO washing, spritzing your hair with maybe a conditioner/water mix to refresh since your hair is short? Or maybe just using the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg Juice[/buylink]? You don't want to over-condition your hair. But, if your hair responds well to CO washing frequently, go for it.

I think all you should need is a conditioner to CO wash with, a leave in and a styling product. Keep it simple.

Do you have any pics? We'd love to see them. :)

This is don't know. I read on another board about the benefits that some ladies w/twa & boy cuts had with CW and wanted to give it a try(to see if it made a difference to my hair).
    Off to post on the swap board to see if anyone has a bottle of greg's juice they would like to sell. Once we get a digital camera I will be taking pics & posting them.

thanks ladies for responding
  • TroDousTroDous Registered Users Posts: 241
    Congrats on your BC :D

I liked the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg juice[/buylink] I just haven't bought it again. I don't know the kinda weather you are having but a leave-in couldn't hurt. I use Giovanni direct sometimes and i like it. But if those don't work you may have to release your inner PJ and find the products that work for you..lol
    Coily, springy, major shrinkage!
    TroDous wrote:
    Congrats on your BC :D

I liked the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg juice[/buylink] I just haven't bought it again. I don't know the kinda weather you are having but a leave-in couldn't hurt. I use Giovanni direct sometimes and i like it. But if those don't work you may have to release your inner PJ and find the products that work for you..lol

This is exactly what I am afraid of.

wow, BEAUTIFUL head of curls in your avatar TroDous! With my short boy cut do you think do you think the Greg's juice is worth it? tia
  • thirteenlbsthirteenlbs Registered Users Posts: 205
    Congratulations!

Pics! Pics! Pics!
    O, S, with fine strands
    Cottony
  • TroDousTroDous Registered Users Posts: 241
    wow, BEAUTIFUL head of curls in your avatar TroDous! With my short boy cut do you think do you think the Greg's juice is worth it? tia
    Thanks! I think the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg juice[/buylink] will last longer since you won't have to spritz on as much. But as much as it cost for a bottle when your hair starts growing longer and you have to use more you may not want to spend that much for it. But try it and see how it works out for you. It feels great for a no-oil product.
    Coily, springy, major shrinkage!
    TroDous wrote:
    Thanks! I think the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg juice[/buylink] will last longer since you won't have to spritz on as much. But as much as it cost for a bottle when your hair starts growing longer and you have to use more you may not want to spend that much for it. But try it and see how it works out for you. It feels great for a no-oil product.

thanks TroDous! I have the Oyin sample pack on my to buy list :wink: .
  • jazzijenni81jazzijenni81 Registered Users Posts: 529
    congrats on the bc :D

how long is your hair? if your hair is really dry, i suggest no pooing daily until the moisture levels rise...but use a light moisturizing conditioner to do this...something like herbal essences/aussie moist/ddta...when hair is very short, alot of stuff isnt really necessary and can be overwhelming. i think the only products you need at boycut length are conditioner and sta sof fro or some other glycerine based moisturizer. as it grows, shampoo, gels, and deep treatments come into the equation...b/c daily no pooing covers all the bases... you dont need a seperate leave in, just dont rinse out all the conditioner when you no poo. i've had a twa since nov 04 so believe me i know :oops: i totally understand why you love your cut!
    hope this helps
    loose 4a, silky meets cottony
    routine: co-wash, add leave in or plain water, shake & go
    staples: elucence poo & conditioners, V05 & suave naturals, jessicurl too shea, AO.
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Registered Users Posts: 821
    I got a 'boy cut' and I must say I am LOVING it! The problem is I don't know my hair type & wanted to ask for recs on a leave-in? Would Oyin greg's juice be okay to use? Or what about Giovanni direct leave-in? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I CW last night and plan on doing this 5 days a week. My plan is to CW 5 days a week(to combat dryness), deep co 1 time a week, apply leave-in, s-curl & asha's omega oil. Trying to keep it simple as much as possible.

thanks in advance ladies

Congrats on your BC!!!! I did it six months ago. I usually CO wash daily, except for shampoo day. I cleanse once a week with a sulfate free cleanser. I try to keep my product usage to a minimum. No more than 2 products at a time, but I do use different products because I'm PJ and I have issues :lol: . Sometimes I worry about over conditioning but my hair seems to be thriving with my routine. Anyway, you must post pics very soon. I want to see your TWA!
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • pacammipacammi Registered Users Posts: 206
    congrats on the big chop!!! I did another one last week. I try to keep it simple, to echo what everyone else is saying. I co-wash about once a week, twice if I'm heavy-handed with the product. In between I spritz with water and jojoba oil mixture. I'm doing los of scalp massages with rosemary infused oil because my scalp dries out in teh winter.

Good luck!
    CGNYC wrote:
    Oh y'all, that's just her crazy showing.
    Trenellm wrote:
    I guess lying on my back, in the middle of a studio, breathing and making vowel sounds for an hour for two years paid off. :)
  • curliejcurliej Registered Users Posts: 55
    Congrats! I BC'd about a month ago and it took about a week for me to find what works for me. I CW every day and shampoo once weekly and do a deep treatment one a week. I like to rotate my products. I keep it simple and just put a headband or a scarf around the front and go.
    Album
    http://public.fotki.com/janelle6/
    pw: pm me for password
  • abeautifulbrownabeautifulbrown Registered Users Posts: 73
    congrats girl! it's an awesome thing to get that BC done! I am very proud of you and like everyone else, I wanna see pictures!

it took me a while to find what works- I'm still looking even so don't rush yourself... you've got nothing but time and infinite goodies to try!
    congrats on the bc :D

how long is your hair? if your hair is really dry, i suggest no pooing daily until the moisture levels rise...but use a light moisturizing conditioner to do this...something like herbal essences/aussie moist/ddta...when hair is very short, alot of stuff isnt really necessary and can be overwhelming. i think the only products you need at boycut length are conditioner and sta sof fro or some other glycerine based moisturizer. as it grows, shampoo, gels, and deep treatments come into the equation...b/c daily no pooing covers all the bases... you dont need a seperate leave in, just dont rinse out all the conditioner when you no poo. i've had a twa since nov 04 so believe me i know :oops: i totally understand why you love your cut!
    hope this helps

hi jazzijenni81.......thanks for posting! My hair is really short(you can see my scalp not bald but not alot of hair). Thanks SO much for the suggestion about the light moisturizing conditioners. Currently I am using Vo5 skr and I personally don't find it mositurizing enough. I haven't been able to find the DDTA co in my area :cry: but have heard that it is a LOVELY conditioner. I am going to Walmart this weekend to pick up the herbal essences & aussie moist. I have been using the S-curl spray that the DH & lil one use....but I am finding that it isn't mositurizing enough for me....will pick up the fro spray that you mentioned.

Again thanks SO much for posting....I am greatful to have found this board.
    Curlilocs wrote:

thanks in advance ladies

Congrats on your BC!!!! I did it six months ago. I usually CO wash daily, except for shampoo day. I cleanse once a week with a sulfate free cleanser. I try to keep my product usage to a minimum. No more than 2 products at a time, but I do use different products because I'm PJ and I have issues :lol: . Sometimes I worry about over conditioning but my hair seems to be thriving with my routine. Anyway, you must post pics very soon. I want to see your TWA!

Thanks for replying! I have a scalp condition called seborrheic dermatitis :cry: so my hair is extremely dry. Hopefully, these conditioner washes we do the trick. Do you mind me asking what sulfate free cleanser you use on shampoo day?

Once again thanks for replying!
    pacammi wrote:
    congrats on the big chop!!! I did another one last week. I try to keep it simple, to echo what everyone else is saying. I co-wash about once a week, twice if I'm heavy-handed with the product. In between I spritz with water and jojoba oil mixture. I'm doing los of scalp massages with rosemary infused oil because my scalp dries out in teh winter.

Good luck!

hi pacammi thanks for posting! I recently purchased a ting ting head massager from ebay for scalp massages.....we'll see. it's nice to meet you & thanks again for posting!
    curliej wrote:
    Congrats! I BC'd about a month ago and it took about a week for me to find what works for me. I CW every day and shampoo once weekly and do a deep treatment one a week. I like to rotate my products. I keep it simple and just put a headband or a scarf around the front and go.

thanks curliej! I am really hoping that I will be able to find a conditioner & glycerine spray that will work exceptionally well for me. I plan on going to wal mart tommorrow to pick up Aussie moist & herbal essence conditioner and the stay sof fro spray.....hopefully they will work wonders for my dry hair *fingers crossed*

thanks again for posting!

you ladies are so awesome! It's a pleasure to meet all of you. thanks again
    congrats girl! it's an awesome thing to get that BC done! I am very proud of you and like everyone else, I wanna see pictures!
    it took me a while to find what works- I'm still looking even so don't rush yourself... you've got nothing but time and infinite goodies to try![/quote] thanks for this!

thanks! those pics are coming ladies! just as soon as I buy a digital camera.....I will post them w/the quickness.
    ladies this has nothing to do w/hair :wink: but where can I purchase the shirts afrocentric shirts from? If I have offended anyone I apologize. tia ladies

also, other than HE,Aussie mosit and DDTA co what are some other mositurizing conditioners that can be purchased at walmart/target?

thanks in advance ladies
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Registered Users Posts: 821

Thanks for replying! I have a scalp condition called seborrheic dermatitis :cry: so my hair is extremely dry. Hopefully, these conditioner washes we do the trick. Do you mind me asking what sulfate free cleanser you use on shampoo day?

I use Aubrey Organics Island Naturals formula. I just recently started using Elucence.
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
    Curlilocs wrote:

I use Aubrey Organics Island Naturals formula. I just recently started using Elucence.

thanks Curlilocs!
  • arkanfinearkanfine Registered Users Posts: 209
    ladies this has nothing to do w/hair :wink: but where can I purchase the shirts afrocentric shirts from? If I have offended anyone I apologize. tia ladies

also, other than HE,Aussie mosit and DDTA co what are some other mositurizing conditioners that can be purchased at walmart/target?

thanks in advance ladies
    I know a someone that can "bling" any shirt that you bring to him. You can go to walmart or target and get a Jimmy Hendrx or Bob Marley Shirt and have it blinged out.
    Hair Type:3c/4a/4b
    LOIS:OS thick strands w/ thready texture
    Porosity:non-porous

my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/kutenkurly/

030-th.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file