Swim Team

cavia1234cavia1234 Posts: 19Registered Users
So im on a competitive team during the regular winter swim season and during the other three seasons of the year i do other practices and clinics, etc. Swim caps are an almost daily part of my life. I have only one problem they do not fit over my hair. I have 3B type hair and its really really thick. The only way I have found I can get a cap on my head is to put my hair in two french braids which is horribly impractical since I cant do it myself and I have to have my mom braid my hair for me. I need to know if anyone has any advice on how to put my hair so it fits in a cap and/or what the best kind of caps are to use with huge hair. Thanx..:blob7:
:happy10: Curl Type ~ 3b
~CG~ No combing except for finger combing; No towels; Air dry with occasional diffusing

~Trying to develop new ways of styling hair~

**Essential Products*
L.A. Looks Cashmere Curls
Aussie Sun-Touched Shine Gel
VO5 Co-Wash
Olive Oil/Conditioner for Deep Conditioning
Lavender Oil
African Royale Daily Doctor
Lustrasilk Moisture Max

Comments

• afrochickafrochick Posts: 235Registered Users
    wet your hair before you use the cap.
    for chlorine protection, use some condish too
    3c/4a, hooray!

Beloved Products:
    Condish:Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends (Deep Treatment), Garnier length and strength
    Cleansers:Bee Mine Moisturizing Botanicals Shampoo, Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
    Style:Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel
  • ltr21892ltr21892 Posts: 3Registered Users
    my friend has the same exact problem. i don't, because my hair is curly but not that thick. she has REALLY thick, super curly hair, and its long, too. don't wet it before you put your cap on, at least i find that the cap slides off easier. my friend wears 2 caps when she races ( like you see the olympians do ) and they actually both stay on easier. best caps to use are definitely laytex, silicon are too slippery and won't get over you hair as easily. as for putting it up, i usually just do a low bun ...
  • alliea10alliea10 Posts: 30Registered Users
    i had the exact same problem, what i found easy was to wet my hair before i got in the pool. That way it protects from chlorine, and I put in some ion swimmers conditioner. then i put it in one loose braid and put my cap on.
    meow meow meow
  • cavia1234cavia1234 Posts: 19Registered Users
    thanx for the tips. i have tried wetting it and not wetting it. i feel like not wetting it helps the cap from slipping but if i dont wet it my hair is so big i cant get the cap on and once i do it just keeps pushing it until it falls off. the best thing that has worked for me so far has been wetting my hair and putting it in a bun then putting a silicone cap on it then putting a laytex one over top. i tried that shortly after putting up this post. im still having alot of trouble with caps tho..:sad8:
    :happy10: Curl Type ~ 3b
    ~CG~ No combing except for finger combing; No towels; Air dry with occasional diffusing

~Trying to develop new ways of styling hair~

**Essential Products*
    L.A. Looks Cashmere Curls
    Aussie Sun-Touched Shine Gel
    VO5 Co-Wash
    Olive Oil/Conditioner for Deep Conditioning
    Lavender Oil
    African Royale Daily Doctor
    Lustrasilk Moisture Max

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji