Product Shelf Life

msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
This is really embarrassing :oops: I have products that I bought around two years ago or so and I was wondering if I should chuck them out. I opened them but I've never used them. They don't have any expiry dates on them and they don't smell bad or look bad.
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• bauceybaucey Registered Users Posts: 3
    Hmmm...it may depend on the product. I've had certain products for a great length of time that still performed well, or at least I thought they did. These were mostly shampoos/conditioners. I've also had a few styling products that still performed well after some time. Like I said, it may depend on the type of product and the ingredients. You could test it out on a section of hair and see what happens or do a patch test to see if you have any adverse reactions before trying it on your hair. Just a thought. :)
  • bubbles76bubbles76 Registered Users Posts: 288
    Hmmm...not sure about that one. I've ordered from Qhemet and Oyin before, and their water based products did not last as long as the oil based products. Some products also don't constain preservatives and won't last that long. Those would probably stink though :) If you don't have a huge amount of products, you may want to email the supplier of each one.
    Last Relaxer August 15, 2004
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file