natural facial creams?

ColochaColocha Posts: 344Registered Users
I just want to know if there is a line of products for face that is natural. I´ve been reading the ingredients on facial creams on the store and I just don´t like it, such as: Mineral oil, cones, SLS and lots of preservatives.

Am I´m asking for too much? Help!
"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

Hair type: 3b/c

Comments

• ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    Have you checked Whole Foods or your local natural foods store? Often, these stores have someone dedicated to the beauty section who can guide you in choosing the best natural products for your skin.
  • lafeistlafeist Posts: 72Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Shea terra orgaincs has a wonderful shea, roobios tea and vitamin E cream that's wonderful and it's only 5-6 bucks and lasts awhile. I have sensitive skin and have no problems with this cream!
    Mostly 3B with some 3C. Faves :Sap Moss co and a weekly Sap Moss shampoo.
  • orangebeachorangebeach Posts: 39Registered Users
    crowbird, where do I get this? Thanks.
    CG since 11/19/03

3-B

Current faves: Elucence M/B Conditioner, Jessicurl DT and Too Shea!, LA Looks Curl Looks Gel, Suave Milk and Honey for condish washing, jojoba oil and coconut oil.
  • lafeistlafeist Posts: 72Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's through a website sheaterraorgaincs.com.It used to be the African Shea Butter Co. I have ordered from them a number of times. The service is great. HTH.
    Mostly 3B with some 3C. Faves :Sap Moss co and a weekly Sap Moss shampoo.
  • ColochaColocha Posts: 344Registered Users
    Have you checked Whole Foods or your local natural foods store? Often, these stores have someone dedicated to the beauty section who can guide you in choosing the best natural products for your skin.

I checked Whole Foods on their web page, and it´s hard to see what they have. THere are several names of brands for cosmetics and that´s it. There are no natural food stores where I live. People prefer to buy the commercial makeup on big stores, like Wmart.
    "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

• mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    i like burt's bees marshmallow vanishing creme.

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• SdsmithSdsmith Posts: 5Registered Users
    I really like the PCA line. http://skincarerx.com/physicians-choice.html I buy it at my local Dermitologists office and it's very reasonable. I had been using Murad which I love but it's too expensive.
  • steph_einasteph_eina Posts: 47Registered Users
    If you want something truly all-natural, down to how the ingredients were extracted from the plant, then go with Naturopathica, Burt's Bees, and Mountain Rose Herbs.

I found out that herbs and natural oils and so forth are excellent for your skin, but the trouble is finding ones that haven't been screwed up with chemicals and extracted using hexane.

It's like finding a good olive oil - the best is cold-pressed. It's the same with anything you'd use on your face or body. I use the three I mentioned up there. Naturopathica is pretty expensive, but everything lasts a really long time (plus you're paying for the quality). Mountain Rose has some great hydrosols, I use the rose and lavender, and they supply a natural bodywash from Kathy's Family that I like too. Burt's Bees is great too!

If you find others, just take a peek at the ingredients, and if it doesn't specify the latin designation of the herb or it doesn't say if they use cold or steam-press to get the ingredients out, then you should call and ask. :)
    The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
    -- Somerset Maugham
    steph_eina wrote:
    If you want something truly all-natural, down to how the ingredients were extracted from the plant, then go with Naturopathica, Burt's Bees, and Mountain Rose Herbs.

I found out that herbs and natural oils and so forth are excellent for your skin, but the trouble is finding ones that haven't been screwed up with chemicals and extracted using hexane.

It's like finding a good olive oil - the best is cold-pressed. It's the same with anything you'd use on your face or body. I use the three I mentioned up there. Naturopathica is pretty expensive, but everything lasts a really long time (plus you're paying for the quality). Mountain Rose has some great hydrosols, I use the rose and lavender, and they supply a natural bodywash from Kathy's Family that I like too. Burt's Bees is great too!

If you find others, just take a peek at the ingredients, and if it doesn't specify the latin designation of the herb or it doesn't say if they use cold or steam-press to get the ingredients out, then you should call and ask. :)

Thanks! :D

I´m also trying a facial cream called Sanoflore--it´s all natural, no parabens, no phenoxyethanol ( another preservative), no silicones, petrochemical oil, no coloring or sinthetic perfume, and no animal-derived raw material. I got this cream as a birthday gift, but I suspect it´s expensive. In the States you can get it at ULTA stores.

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I've also been looking for something with fewer chemicals and I just bought some face cream on Ebay today that sounds pretty good.

Here is the description -

Natural Vitamin E from wheatgerm is added to our 20% Shea Butter Face and Body Cream. Also enriched with virgin olive oil for added nutrients for your skin. This Shea Butter cream is so rich and thick, your skin will feel rose petal soft after just one application. We love to use this as a nightime facial cream but have found by applying it to a damp face, it provides a lighter daytime application as well. Excellent for toning, firming, and naturally fighting the signs of aging. Gives your skin a natural radiant glow.
    Tightens and firms skin
    Deeply moisturizes dry skin
    Improves and evens skin color
    Reduces lines and wrinkles
    Absorbs completely with no greasy after feel

Shea Butter Facts:
    Just because a Shea Butter is called unrefined, it does NOT make it all natural. Many are extracted using a chemical called hexane which produces much higher yields but dimishes the theraputic benefits of the butter. Our Shea Butter is extracted by cooking the nuts and then manually pressing the butter out.

All of our Shea Butter products are completely natural with:

NO Mineral Oil
    NO Petroleum Ingredients
    NO Propylene Glycol
    NO DPG
    NO Harsh Detergents
    NO Lauryl, Laureth or Ammonium Sulfates
    NO DEA, MEA or TEA
    NO Drying SD Alcohol
    NO Hydantoin: DMDM Hydantoin (formeldehyde)
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    What I´m doing now is putting shea butter along with jojoba oil(or coconut oil, just to alternate) on my face during the day and for nighttime I put Sanoflore cream

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I just got my new shea butter face lotions today. They are very creamy and nice, they aren't greasy, they smell delicious (I got vanilla cream and chocolate mousse).
    I'll use them for awhile and report back as to any irritations or breakouts, in case anyone is interested.
    I hope they work well as I really want to be able to use products with simple, natural ingredients.

ETA They were quite inexpensive. Two 4 oz. jars were $18 including shipping. And I think they will last a long time - nice and thick.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file