The Lovely Bones

msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
Has anyone read this book? It was recommended by a friend of mine and I think there's going to be a movie about it.
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• lafeistlafeist Posts: 72Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Great book, but a sad story.
    Mostly 3B with some 3C. Faves :Sap Moss co and a weekly Sap Moss shampoo.
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    Yeah, that's what my friend said as well.
  • sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Very good...sad but interesting...I have actually read this a couple of times.
    316vq4y.jpg
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    I read this a few years back, like the others said, good but sad. You may also want to check out another book by Alice Siebold called Lucky. It is based on her rape in college. Excellent book.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    Thanks, I'll check out Lucky. I'm sure that will be an excellent book.
  • gryantmarch2stepgryantmarch2step Posts: 454Registered Users
    I've been trying to read it for a year now. It's okay in my opinion, but I hear everyone else loves it.
    3B~Botticelli/3C~ Corkicelli~Blonde
    Faves: B&A Gel, BRHG, ReCoil, KC Knot Today, Curl Junkie CCCC

PW: dmbcurls
  • SakuraSakura Posts: 7Registered Users
    I enjoyed most of the book, then I got to the ending and was highly disappointed.

I agree it was sad though.
  • Alely MarinaAlely Marina Posts: 37Registered Users
    My friend is lending me this (lovely bones) and 11 minutes tomorrow. A shame the semester is starting up and I wont finish them soon :(
    "Impeach Busch. Drink good beer."
  • disneylovedisneylove Posts: 112Registered Users
    excellent read!
    We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here and that is the English language ….and we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people. —Theodore Roosevelt
  • =~ohura~==~ohura~= Posts: 255Registered Users
    Usually on my list of recommended reading for friends
    .jpg
    Do a better job of covering your stinky aliass.
  • razicellirazicelli Posts: 139Registered Users
    Lovely Bones was a good book. Very different. Story is told through the eyes of the dead girl looking down at how her family is dealing with her death.

This is not one of those "happy" ending and everything is neatly tied up in a perfect bow kinda books. I find I get bored with that type of book. This was just a good story. Sad but in many ways very real.

I have LUCKY but haven't read it yet. Gotta get through my 20 plus books before I allow myself to buy anymore! LOL
    pw: wavehead
    3a/3b, 2b underneath M/Ciii, coarse crown
    HG: CK
    Currently BRHG, SIF
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I really liked Lovely Bones. Interesting, sad, a quick read.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • AliLindseyAliLindsey Posts: 44Registered Users
    I just started this last night and so far it's very good. Anyone know anything about the movie being made? I didn't know they were going to be making one until I read it here.
    combo of 3A/B curls-Ouidad Playcurl poo,Elucence conditioner,Curls Sprial Curls cream and Aussie scrunch spray

used to be CurlyGirl then Strawberry_Curlz
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    Lovely bones is one of those books that kind of haunted me for a while after I read it.

Please read it before the movie comes out. I can't see how a movie could do it justice.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Very sad story. I loved it though, it was an amazing, haunting book.
  • sndyschltzsndyschltz Posts: 8Registered Users
    LOVED the book. Great concept and read. I'm a librarian and enjoy loads of styles of writing and types of books. I've found that many people really like this book because it's an easy read and intriguing although the subject matter is difficult for some.

The movie is due out early 2008 I believe. Production begins in Pennsylvania in October. That's the latest I've read so far.
  • hollytheresehollytherese Posts: 6Registered Users
    I read the lovely bones litterally a month after a close friend of mine was killed. It was definately sad, but it was almost a comfort. When you go through something like this, it clearly affects countless people. I thought it was interesting to see how Sebold took that idea and showed you how the person who died may feel (missing their parents, watching the lives of their loved ones and wanting to be there.) I enjoyed it, I'd reccomend The Lovely Bones to anyone.

I can't wait for the film adaptation-hopefully its a good one!!!
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A warning: it's a really emotional book. I was crying on an international flight while reading this. I was sitting next to complete strangers and I felt really embarrassed. Loved it though. I also liked Lucky.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file