Weaves and Natural Hair Question

msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
On New Year's Eve I'm going to a club and I want to change my hairstyle and do something fun and funky. I've never had a weave or braid extensions but now I'm thinking about having a weave. One of my former stylists said my hair needs to be chemically straightened in order to have a weave because I have thick hair and it has to 'lay down flat'. Is this true? If it is, would I be able to use a couple pieces without straightening my hair chemically?
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• atlantisrisingatlantisrising Registered Users Posts: 263
    SMH, I don't think you do, as many stars out there that wear their hair natural under their wigs and weaves. I don't know why people always want natural folks to perm their hair! It's like we are telling secrets and they want to hush us up, lol.
  • msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
    Thanks so much!I don't know anything about weaves and I would have believed her. I'm going to band or wrap my hair and hopefully everything will turn out ok. I remember getting so much grief over going natural by a lot of my stylists.
  • brwn_i'd_wndrbrwn_i'd_wndr Registered Users Posts: 23
    If you have the time I would suggest you look around. As sunnedelight pointed out many stars with natural hair get sew-ins and it turns out fine, they simply need smaller cornrows done. I would check on other stylists because a stylist with that type of attitude may not take the time to make sure your hair does in fact lay flat.
    THE TRANSITION PERIOD IS OVER- MY HAIR IS FREE AND I FEEL GREAT!!!
  • cheleskilove1968cheleskilove1968 Registered Users Posts: 7
    JUST GET AN INSTANT WEAVE. THERE ARE SOME WITH NATURAL TEXTURES...SHOW A LIL OF YOUR HAIR IN THE FRONT AND LET IT HANG...SENSATIONNEL WEBSITE OR YOUR LOCAL STAR BEAUTY MIGHT HAVE THEM.ESPECIALLY YOURS HAS A FEW BUT SENSATIONNELL IS THE BEST
    IN HIM
    CHELE

PSWRD:KINKYCURL
  • msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
    Thanks girls! I think I'm cutting it close at this point and a lot of stylists are booked up so I may have to think of something different to do with my hair. Maybe I'll use clip-on extensions. Does that cause hair to break?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file