Silicone in Deva and Moroccanoil

percheperche Registered Users Posts: 7
Silicone in products is a disaster for my hair. I have to wonder why so-called "good for your hair" product lines such as Deva and Moroccan Oil contain silicones. In particular, the first 2 items in the ingredient list for Moroccan Oil are silicones. Does anyone have any light to shed on this?

Thanks.

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
    perche wrote: »
    Silicone in products is a disaster for my hair. I have to wonder why so-called "good for your hair" product lines such as Deva and Moroccan Oil contain silicones. In particular, the first 2 items in the ingredient list for Moroccan Oil are silicones. Does anyone have any light to shed on this?

Thanks.
    on this site on Q&A there is an article in ask the chemist: basically this is the gist & I cut and paste this cuz I happen to love Deva One-Condition even though I hate the Gels.

Once the actual product is applied to wet hair in the shower, the aggregate is broken up and each component does what it would ordinarily do. The nonionic surfactant is washed away when the hair is rinsed; the positively-charged amodimethicone and the cationic surfactant are each deposited (separately) onto the surface of the hair. The amodimethicone is left alone, and is thus in its water insoluble state, and it dries to form a film, which imparts sheen and silkiness to the hair. Despite the fact that it is water insoluble, amodimethicone has been found to resist the formation of build up, and most users have reported excellent results with products containing amodimethicone, even if they use a shampoo-free regimen.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file