Adult Spinoff: How many sexual partners have you had

shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
I know "sexual partner" can be considered many different ways, so I guess whatever you consider that...

Dang- It wouldn't let me put: "20 +" as my last option...feel free to post that if you want...
A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Just my husband.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,526Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Amneris wrote:
    Just my husband.
    more than just my husband... :?

• frizzybarbiefrizzybarbie Posts: 483Registered Users
    Saving it for marriage.
    4a pencil-sized corkscrews that are low porosity, fine, thick, & layered
  • urbancurlurbancurl Posts: 980Registered Users
    Feeling discriminated against because you didn't put "20+" on there! :wink: (I know, you tried!)
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    This one was way easier to answer! :lol:
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • LucilleLucille Posts: 588Registered Users
    urbancurl wrote:
    Feeling discriminated against because you didn't put "20+" on there! :wink: (I know, you tried!)

That's what I was thinking. :shock:
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Hey- I know more than a few folks who need that option! :lol:
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • j'adorej'adore Posts: 1,966Registered Users
    Lucille wrote:
    urbancurl wrote:

Me too. :oops:

:lol:
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    urbancurl wrote:

That would be my answer. I was talking to this girl once and we were discussing the same thing. She said she was too embarassed to ever tell anyone how many people she'd slept with. Finally she told me.....12. :oops:
    I didn't even know what to say. Mine is WAYYYY more than that.
    Meghuney wrote:
    urbancurl wrote:

That would be my answer. I was talking to this girl once and we were discussing the same thing. She said she was too embarassed to ever tell anyone how many people she'd slept with. Finally she told me.....12. :oops:

One of my first longterm boyfriends is now my best friend. I remember lying to him when he asked how many people I'd been with, and he remembers lying to me about the same thing. I DEcreased the number, and he INcreased it! :lol:

Now I don't lie, but I don't bring it up either, and I won't answer with an exact number. It's easy not to because I don't know what it is.

Password= urban
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    Less than five, more than one. :)
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
    urbancurl wrote:
    Meghuney wrote:
    urbancurl wrote:

One of my first longterm boyfriends is now my best friend. I remember lying to him when he asked how many people I'd been with, and he remembers lying to me about the same thing. I DEcreased the number, and he INcreased it! :lol:

Now I don't lie, but I don't bring it up either, and I won't answer with an exact number. It's easy not to because I don't know what it is.

You know, I never TRIED to just go out and have sex with as many peopl as I could. I just have ALWAYS been a very emotional person who falls VERY fast. I would date someone for a while, think everything was GREAT, have sex and then a few months later it would end for some reason or another. Then, a month or two later, the same cycle would begin.
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    We are talking specifically intercourse then right? Then I'd have to say 9
  • RainRain Posts: 217Registered Users
    I've been with the same guy since I was 15 years old and I'm not a swinger so my answer should be easy to guess.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • JessicurlJessicurl Posts: 401Registered Users
    I have a don't-ask-don't-tell with DH about this. There's just no need to go there.
    If you're not going to make your dreams epic, why bother to dream anything at all? -Scott Miller
  • BiancaBianca Posts: 2,492Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    j'adore wrote:
    Lucille wrote:
    urbancurl wrote:

This is guano but I have to ask, do you all feel shame about your number? Do you wish you hadn't been with that many people or you would change it if you could?

Not standing in judgement. I'm just curious if women secretly have lovers remorse or do you feel like the double standard is changing.
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • LucilleLucille Posts: 588Registered Users
    Bianca wrote:
    j'adore wrote:
    Lucille wrote:
    urbancurl wrote:

This is guano but I have to ask, do you all feel shame about your number? Do you wish you hadn't been with that many people or you would change it if you could?

Not standing in judgement. I'm just curious if women secretly have lovers remorse or do you feel like the double standard is changing.

I don't. But I know that others can be very judgmental on the subject, and for most people other than myself, my DH and my doctor, it's largely irrelevant information.

I slept around. Had fun doing it. Wouldn't change it. But that doesn't mean I need a bumpersticker advertising it to those who might have a problem with it.
  • JerseyCurlJerseyCurl Posts: 945Registered Users
    Amneris wrote:
    Just my husband.
    Same here, just my hubby. :D Unless, you are counting the countless erotic dreams I have had before I met my hubby. :lol:
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! "
    Bianca wrote:
    j'adore wrote:
    Lucille wrote:
    urbancurl wrote:

Well, like Meghuney posted above, I did not go out to have a bunch of conquests or something on purpose. And I wasn't trying to be like, "See, women can players and get ours too," as some of my acquaintances would say to me, like I was proud about it. Also, I think I'm in a different category than Meghuney and others, because it's not even that I dated most of these guys for a while before we had sex. We had sex, so we started dating. Or not.

I have had to work to not feel regretful and ashamed (I rarely felt regretful at the time though. Sometimes I regretted not having had sex with someone!). But it's not really because of the # of guys I had sex with. I don't intrinsically think there is anything morally wrong with having lots of partners. I don't see sex as a commodity to "save" or "give away" or that a woman can be "easy." I don't belive in the word "slut" or "whore"-- everyone has their reasons for being what is considered promiscuous, and there's often going to be pain and abuse behind them. But not always.

I've felt regretful because of the way I felt about myself and how I used guys and sex to feel better. But at this point the way I see it is that I needed to have all these experiences to learn what I needed to learn.

So, long guano story short, No, I wouldn't change my sexual history! I wouldn't be the person who I am today, who I love and who is loved! :)

Password= urban
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Why does the number stop at twenty :?:
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
    urbancurl wrote:
    Bianca wrote:
    j'adore wrote:
    Lucille wrote:
    urbancurl wrote:

Well, like Meghuney posted above, I did not go out to have a bunch of conquests or something on purpose. And I wasn't trying to be like, "See, women can players and get ours too," as some of my acquaintances would say to me, like I was proud about it. Also, I think I'm in a different category than Meghuney and others, because it's not even that I dated most of these guys for a while before we had sex. We had sex, so we started dating. Or not.

I have had to work to not feel regretful and ashamed (I rarely felt regretful at the time though. Sometimes I regretted not having had sex with someone!). But it's not really because of the # of guys I had sex with. I don't intrinsically think there is anything morally wrong with having lots of partners. I don't see sex as a commodity to "save" or "give away" or that a woman can be "easy." I don't belive in the word "slut" or "whore"-- everyone has their reasons for being what is considered promiscuous, and there's often going to be pain and abuse behind them. But not always.

I've felt regretful because of the way I felt about myself and how I used guys and sex to feel better. But at this point the way I see it is that I needed to have all these experiences to learn what I needed to learn.

So, long guano story short, No, I wouldn't change my sexual history! I wouldn't be the person who I am today, who I love and who is loved! :)

That is so interesting because I have had to work through similar feelings. I look back now and think: "Wow. Why did I ever believe that you HAD to have sex when deciding to make a relationship committed?". Sometimes I think that maybe I should have waited longer instead of a month or two into dating someone, jumping in the sack. For me, it was more of showing my emotion to someone rather than the sexual gratification of it all.
    And I dated SO many people. I've never been one to "casually" date. I'd get out of a relationship and then, less than a month or two later - I'd be in another one...and the cycle would continue.
    urbancurl wrote:
    Bianca wrote:
    j'adore wrote:
    Lucille wrote:
    urbancurl wrote:

That is so interesting because I have had to work through similar feelings. I look back now and think: "Wow. Why did I ever believe that you HAD to have sex when deciding to make a relationship committed?". Sometimes I think that maybe I should have waited longer instead of a month or two into dating someone, jumping in the sack. For me, it was more of showing my emotion to someone rather than the sexual gratification of it all.
    And I dated SO many people. I've never been one to "casually" date. I'd get out of a relationship and then, less than a month or two later - I'd be in another one...and the cycle would continue.
  • bouncebounce Posts: 297Registered Users
    Bianca wrote:
    j'adore wrote:
    Lucille wrote:
    urbancurl wrote:

When I got engaged a few years ago, I went through a phase of "I wish I had had more sex with more people" but it was really just because I knew I would really only be sleeping with my husband forever. I never planned to act on any of it...it was just one of those weird "i'm about to commit myself to you" thoughts that left as quickly as it came about.

And by the way, I'm in the 6-9 range with three serious boyfriends (and now a husband).
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    ah nevermind.
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    Personally I have no regrets about my sexual past. I lived my life according to my standards and no one got hurt in the process. I had a good life and now I have some fond memories. 'Nuff said! :D
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • quickcurlquickcurl Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    I'm at 9. I'd like to not have more than 10 partners. There's no real reason behind it....I just don't want to have to use more than two hands when doing the final count!! But, since I'm still single and I don't have a man in my life, unless "the one" walks in next then I'll be using two hands plus some toes before I know it! :lol:
    "It's hard to remember a time, when I didn't have you", Richie Sambora
    "Boys are bad and men are stupid", WB's
    "After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh" Mr. Big
  • kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    urbancurl wrote:

I read somewhere that whatever a womans supposed # is, you can increase it by 2 and whatever the mans supposed # is, you can decrease it by 2; it was something like that and it's funny because it goes with what you and the boyfriend did!

DH brought it up once and I said a number which I believe is true and left it at that. I agree that there is no need.... and ever since I read him that statistic above he just looks at me with raise eyebrows and smirks every once in a while. Truth is I told him the correct number which is 12 or 13, really don't care enough to figure out an exact count right now! :lol:

There are 2-3 times in there that wouldn't happen today if I were single but I have no regrets. It's not worth regretting something you can't change anyway. Life is good now and I'll stick with where I'm at. :D
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I was pleased to learn that my DH and I have the same number. However, he's almost 7 years older than I am...so he had more time to increase that number than I did. :oops:
    :rambo:
    kimmyc wrote:
    urbancurl wrote:

I read somewhere that whatever a womans supposed # is, you can increase it by 2 and whatever the mans supposed # is, you can decrease it by 2; it was something like that and it's funny because it goes with what you and the boyfriend did!...

Huh! :lol: I'm really not surprised, given all the double standards we women and men are asked to deal with.

Password= urban
  • BIGBRETBIGBRET Posts: 24Registered Users
    Kimmyc - I heard it was 3's, but you did not add it. Girls get multiplied by three. So if they said one, then it was actually three... and so on. Then for guys your supposed to divide by three. If they say 6 then it is actually 2....

The idea being that girls will tend to lower the number in order to not seem slutty, and the guys will tend to raise the number in order to look like a stud.
    "We share the same biology regardless of ideology" -Sting-

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file