Spinoff: How many guys have you dated?

dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
J'adore's comment about many of us having dated bisexual men and not knowing it (or mabye knowing it), made me think about the fact that I've only dated two guys in my entire life, and one of them is DaNa. I met DaNa mysecond year in college, and I didn't date in high school. I had the one boyfriend before him (freshman year and part of sophomore year) and then DaNa. I think meeting him and marrying young drove down my numbers (along with a really strict mom)!

Not counting someone you maybe went on one date with, how many people have you actually dated (and it doesn't have to be a sexual relaitonship)?

eta - that is supposed to be less than 3, but I messed that up.
People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I have no idea. I was single 'til I was 30, then single again from 34-38, so needless to say I dated a lot of guys. I've only had 4 long-term relationships, though.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Yeah, I don't have any idea either. I had someone ask me that trying to figure things out. If you mean actual *boyfriends* I would have a lower number, but spending months going out with a guy when possible who I never liked enough to consider a boyfriend, the guy should count for your poll, I think...
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Not sexual relationships.

Actual boyfriends: Before my husband, I think I had 9 boyfriends.

Had a few dates with more people than I can remember, but there are 2 that stick out in my mind as having had quite a few dates but never quite being as committed as boyfriend and girlfriend.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    Yeah, I don't have any idea either. I had someone ask me that trying to figure things out. If you mean actual *boyfriends* I would have a lower number, but spending months going out with a guy when possible who I never liked enough to consider a boyfriend, the guy should count for your poll, I think...

Yeah, not just boyfriends, but actually dating enough that you would have said, "We're dating"...
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • spiderman5000spiderman5000 Posts: 673Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Haha, I'm 21 and I've been on one date. So, never dated.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,709Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Too many to count. I started dating at age 12, got married at age 30, and never spent more than a few months solo.

• frizzybarbiefrizzybarbie Posts: 483Registered Users
    I am 26 and the guy I am dating now is my first and only guy I have ever dated...we've been dating exclusivly for a month...I am not sure if that counts as a boyfriend or not :? ...I would like for him to be my boyfriend.

Oh yeah...he's my first serious kiss as well.
    4a pencil-sized corkscrews that are low porosity, fine, thick, & layered
  • LucilleLucille Posts: 588Registered Users
    What about people with whom you had sexual relations, but you didn't exactly, um "date"?
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    That is what my poll is for!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    I guess I have "Seriously" dated 4 guys meaning I dated them for at least a year, and then dated about 3 others for a few months each...
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I voted 16-20 but I'm not sure really. I started "dating" if you want to call it that when I was 12 or 13. However, when you are that young, 2 weeks is a good run to have a boyfriend. Hee. I had my first serious relationship beginning at age 16. I have been in 4 serious relationships counting my existing one.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 555Registered Users
    I've never dated any guys.
    The good people do is interred with their bones. Their mistakes live on forever...
  • urbancurlurbancurl Posts: 980Registered Users
    I really have no idea. I'd have to go through all my old journals! Long-term relationships, only a handful. But more than one date, less than a few months, wow, a lot of guys. But for some reason we called it "seeing each other" or "hanging out." I had very few dates where the guy picks you up at your front door with flowers, etc... it was more like, let's meet at the bar or the park or the diner...
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    Haha, I'm 21 and I've been on one date. So, never dated.

this has nothing to do with this thread at all but your hair is gorgeous :shock:
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    I guess it depends on what is considered "dating". I don't know if I've ever dated, per se. I've never been asked out on a date, I don't think, because I pretty much was always in a serious relationship. Or maybe I was asked , but just don't remember. The men that I ended up having a serious relationship with were friends(or best friends) prior to deciding to make things serious. We always just "hung out". I never looked at it as dating, because before hand, there wasn't any romantic intentions. Not initially, anyway.

Now, if you ask me how many relationships I've had, then I can tell you 4 since the age of 15. Each of the four ranged from 8 months(my very first boyfriend) to 5 years(with my current beau).

I guess this means I've only dated four men.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:
    I have no idea. I was single 'til I was 30, then single again from 34-38, so needless to say I dated a lot of guys. I've only had 4 long-term relationships, though.

This sounds sort of right to me too, with different ages... but unlike PH, I have yet to meet my hubby.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • SaKkehSaKkeh Posts: 986Registered Users
    dia99 wrote:
    I've only dated two guys in my entire life, and one of them is DaNa.

I've dated 3, only had sex with one. Still having sex with him:)..., my bf of 11 years and counting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file