Giovanni Leave-In Conditioner

kaymoorekaymoore Registered Users Posts: 298
My hair absolutely loves the Giovanni Leave-In Conditioner. I put the leave in on my hair and rub it in. It defines my curls and leaves my hair soft and manageable. I am thinking about doing a combination of the Giovanni and the Kinky Curly...Hmmm... it might just work.:blob7:
http://public.fotki.com/kaymoore/

4a/3c combo with 4b in the front

Hair Goal: Shoulder Length and Curly before April 2010!

"Call me Kinky, Call me Nappy...
It's just Semantics!
"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Products I am currently loving:
Trader Joe's Nourish Conditioner
Anita Grant Rhassoul Deep Conditioner
Anita Grant Cafe Latte
Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
event.png

Comments

• CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Registered Users Posts: 3,079 Curl Connoisseur
    The more I hear about Giovanni, the more desperate I am to get my hands on some. Hopefully there will be some at Target next time I go.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • LilluLillu Registered Users Posts: 182
    Its is amazing... its the only thing that can detangle my hair, and ive tried zillions of condishes, including another Giovanni condish (50:50). I have to say however that it doesnt really moisturise my hair tho... but that may just be the relaxed hair, i cant say yet how it is for my natural hair.
    3c spirals & corkscrews!
    Transitioned Sep'07-Nov'08
    BCed 21st Nov 2008!!

My hair likes:
    Alba Botanical Leave-in is my irst HG :-)
    Condish: AOHR
    Co-wash: Original Source Tea Tree Mint
    Post-BC hair HATES protein!
  • Aries_jbAries_jb Registered Users Posts: 1,556
    I love this leave-in! The smell alone is reason enough for me to use it. My inner product junkie keeps me from fully committing to it (as I'm currently having an affair with Abba leave-in), but it's definitely on my list of awesome products :wink:.
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • soulcurlysoulcurly Registered Users Posts: 61
    Just an FYI, I went to my local Rite-Aid today and all Giovanni products were BOGO. Mine didn't have the LI, which I already have, so I got the 50:50 and Deep Moisture. I don't know if ALL locations will have it on sale but just a heads up in case they do and have the LI. The reg co is great too!

I didn't even know they sold it there!
    3B*CGsince 7/08
    ABSOLUTELY LOVING!:
    -Giovanni 50:50
    -CK
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    -KCCC and FOTE
    -Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
    -Cowash-Giovanni Triple Tea Treat-
    -DT-Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    http://public.fotki.com/soulcurly/
    pw: mulatto
    "Aside from women, music makes the world go round..."
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Registered Users Posts: 3,079 Curl Connoisseur
    Gosh darn it, I JUST bought Giovanni leave in and 50 50 shampoo tonight at Target. Should have gone to RiteAid.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • KristyBKristyB Registered Users Posts: 33
    I was so excited to try this...but my hair hates it.
    I have tried it 2x and both times my hair was very straw-like. I wonder what in it is causing my hair to freak out.
    2c/3a (I think!), thick and dry

Currently loving AOHR and Pink Boots!
  • CurlyOver40!CurlyOver40! Registered Users Posts: 758
    soulcurly wrote: »
    Just an FYI, I went to my local Rite-Aid today and all Giovanni products were BOGO. Mine didn't have the LI, which I already have, so I got the 50:50 and Deep Moisture. I don't know if ALL locations will have it on sale but just a heads up in case they do and have the LI. The reg co is great too!

I didn't even know they sold it there!

Just dug out my Rite-Aid flyer and it's on sale here too!
    Buy One, Get One Shampoo or Conditioner. It doesn't say anything about Leave In.. I'll get there maybe later on this afternoon and check it out. (now that I think about it.. I don't think my Rite-Aid carries the Leave In.)

3a/3b

Latest routine:
    Sauve Coconut CO
    Or
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    Giovanni 50/50
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    JoicoWhip
    Newest Fav: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • bunniee23bunniee23 Registered Users Posts: 228
    KristyB wrote: »
    I have tried it 2x and both times my hair was very straw-like. I wonder what in it is causing my hair to freak out.

my hair hated Giovanni leave-in too, it was awful. I think it might be the wheat protein that caused the crunchiness.
    Type 2b. Wash: WEN pomegranate or fig. Leave-in conditioner: Alaffia beautiful curls for wavy hair, Spiral Solutions Protein spray. Style: Curls In A Bottle, Ecostyler, or KCCC.
  • lironliron Registered Users Posts: 22
    I love this stuff. I've been using it for a year or so. I only use a quarter sized squeeze though, anymore and it makes my hair icky. I put it on before my mousse or gel.
  • Aries_jbAries_jb Registered Users Posts: 1,556
    Oh yeah, a little definitely goes a long way. My hair will feel weighed down otherwise.
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    kaymoore wrote: »
    My hair absolutely loves the Giovanni Leave-In Conditioner. I put the leave in on my hair and rub it in. It defines my curls and leaves my hair soft and manageable. I am thinking about doing a combination of the Giovanni and the Kinky Curly...Hmmm... it might just work.:blob7:

It's great with the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. I like it much better than the KCKT with the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink].
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Registered Users Posts: 948 Curl Neophyte
    KristyB wrote: »

Maybe you're using too much? It seems kind of thin, but a little goes a long way. I use two quarter-size amounts, and I have very long hair (halfway down my back when dry and quite thick). I got better results when I didn't use as much.

On another note, a great place to get Giovanni products cheap is www.totalhealthvitamins.net The leave-in costs only $4.77 there (as opposed to $8 retail).
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    There's a site where you can buy liters for about $12, but I can't find the link/discussion. If anyone know it, could they please tell us. TIA.

Found it, it's Massagewarehouse.com
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file