The Official Online Dating Diaries Thread

Comments

• CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    A guy friend of mine in Texas flew to Italy to meet a woman from Russia. They met on a dating site. He left 12/30/08. I called his cell this morning, but haven't heard back yet. I think he's suppose to be back tonight. I think he's crazy.

So do you think I should try to get a refund for my plane ticket to Idaho????
    What the heck????????

And his profile SAYS he's looking for a relationship.

hey, i read your profile and was really impressed by your writing. I am married and am **not** looking for an affair or a date with you.

But i would really appreciate if we could be friends...as you look just like the nutcase i am ..hehe :-)
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    o.O

Ok, above and beyond the fact that the "I'm not looking for an affair" thing is most likely bullsh1t...

"as you look just like the nutcase i am"?

gee... thanks?
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    yeah, he's a "nutcase" all right...

:shock:
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    That's it, I don't want to look anymore.

I'm going to become a nun:(
    you know what... there's a lot of dross out there.

and they aren't ALL online, though it sure feels like it sometime.

it's also not just men - the night i met Cam, he had sent a one-line message to a bunch of women that were going to the same party asking them to save a dance for him (not me, though, he was outside my age restrictions).

one of them seriously misinterpreted that email and thought that it meant he was interested in a relationship with her.

another man on PoF has a rather plaintive footnote to his profile asking Big Fish if he could please find a way to screen out the "psychos".

so it goes both ways...
    My blog:

After having a rough week with a "real guy I actually knew in person" and feeling really frustrated and disappointed, I come home to this gem on plentyoffish...

hi im not trying to be mean but i really want to get with u so u can blow me and then we can make hot love all night til u *** more then me . . u look like ud be alot of fun let me know what u think

That's it.

I'm becoming a nun.
  • texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    After having a rough week with a "real guy I actually knew in person" and feeling really frustrated and disappointed, I come home to this gem on plentyoffish...

hi im not trying to be mean but i really want to get with u so u can blow me and then we can make hot love all night til u *** more then me . . u look like ud be alot of fun let me know what u think

That's it.

I'm becoming a nun.

WOW!!:puker:
  • AllerianAllerian Posts: 72Registered Users
    I used Match.com and have been dating the same guy for almost 2 months and it's definately going very strong. I liked match.com in that I could take more control over my search options than others like eharmony.com . I definately agree that there were a lot of weirdos on there to weed through but I'm glad I did cause my current boyfriend is awesome.
    2C/3Amiii
    My Hair Pics
    Currently Using:
    CV Bars: Chocolate Almond
    ACV Rinses every few days
    KCCC, KCKT, LOOB and TW
    C, today i got a message from a 24-year-old who wanted to "hook up" with me tonight because he really loves mature women.

:lol:
    My blog:

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    rou, you could show him a thing or two, eh? :D
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

i don't know about that Wile E... the things these young'uns know today....

My blog:

• LisaF1163LisaF1163 Posts: 1,079Registered Users
    Allerian wrote: »
    I used Match.com and have been dating the same guy for almost 2 months and it's definately going very strong. I liked match.com in that I could take more control over my search options than others like eharmony.com . I definately agree that there were a lot of weirdos on there to weed through but I'm glad I did cause my current boyfriend is awesome.
    Yeah, I mean, Match.com isn't foolproof, because I talked to a couple of jack-asses on there too. But I also met my boyfriend on there, and this June we'll have been together one year. He's kind, sweet, funny, smart, talented, and so ridiculously cute that he's lucky I don't pinch him to bits. I'm extremely lucky to have found him.

And I know plenty of couples who met online and got hitched. A very good friend of mine met her husband online (I forget the site - I think they met on OK Cupid?), and my best friend's sister met her husband on Match as well - they just had their second baby.

Basically, whereas online dating isn't perfect by any means, it does cut down on the number of frogs you have to kiss before you find your prince.
    CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
    Hair Type - 3A.
    Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
    Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
    Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
    Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
    holy moley!!! tonight's was 23!!!

My blog:

• badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    Uggggggggh! Your stories make my skin crawl!

My sister and I have been telling my older brother he should try online dating for a long time. He was really reluctant, but one night he got into a conversation with a bunch of female acquaintances where they were complaining about all of the weirdos they've encountered on online dating sites. Strangely enough, that was the push he need to join eHarmony, because in his words, "I'm a lot less of a loser than all of the guys they've met online!" :toothy7: I told him the fact that he's looking for a woman close to his age is certainly something that sets him apart from a lot of the guys out there!
  • LisaF1163LisaF1163 Posts: 1,079Registered Users
    Both my boyfriend and I have met plenty of weirdos online, because that factor increases with all the people that being online allows you to be in contact with. But every weirdo and creep was worth it once I met my guy. I mean, honestly - that's just the way it pays to look at it. I tease him - I tell him he's the best $80 I ever spent! ;-) (Because it was $40 a month on Match, and I met him two months into it).

He said he'd met women on there before me who actually put up old pictures of themselves! He'd get to the date and find that the woman in question would be MUCH older than her picture online. He said he was really really hoping I looked like my picture when he showed up at our first date, which I did - I'd only had it taken two months before that.
    CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
    Hair Type - 3A.
    Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
    Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
    Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
    Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
  • trueladytruelady Posts: 139Registered Users
    I have a question for Plenty of Fish users. I just signed up and a couple of people added me to their favorites. What does that mean?
    well, i'm still getting young'uns left, right and centre...

but i need some advice about a situation that i hope won't come up...

at the end of May i'm co-hostessing a local PoF dance with 2 friends. last week, some older guy emailed me there and we had a short, weird exchange that ended with him asking me for a backrub before he went to some concert on Friday night. i responded that even if i were in town, the answer would be no and he said he wasn't planning to ask me to the concert anyway.

:confused3:

i blocked him and thought nothing of it....

now, he's signed up to come to the dance.

maybe i'm worrying for nothing... but i don't have a good feeling about this.
    My blog:

Updates, anybody?
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I updated my profile based on suggestions I heard on Steve Harvey. Getting rid of saying things like "I want to have fun" and being more direct because some guys read "I don't want any comittments. I just want casual sex". I was afraid of sounding like a b***** but I got a few messages with this.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
    well, i had a disaster of a first date yesterday and it has taught me that i should continue to meet men at MY schedule - the one i'm comfortable with - not theirs!

too fast to the phone and too fast to meet for my taste!

:(

not only did he spend the entire time we talked (thank ghu we went to a movie!), talking about his ex-wives and ex-girlfriends, he got WAY too pushy at the end of the date thinking he was getting sex.

uh... no... and he's not getting another date either!

grrr......

:cwm21:
    My blog:

So this guy on OKCupid asked me why I was a vegetarian...I said "ethical reasons, but I don't judge." (In fact, I always make that quite clear! It's a very personal decision for me.)

He asked if I was a vegan...I said, "No, just a vegetarian."

He asked why I wasn't a vegan. I said because I don't want to give up milk and cheese.

So you gave up meat for ethical reasons, but you won’t give up cheese for ethical reasons? I don’t mean to judge.

UGH...why do you care so much?
    Blog from a fantastic girl I know...

In the uncertain world of online dating, romantic chemistry isn’t always easy to find. Also increasingly rare – the art of handling rejection gracefully.

Last week, a good friend of mine forwarded me an email exchange with a JDate.com bachelor whom she didn’t feel any sparks with. She politely told him her feelings:

“It was lovely meeting you, though to be honest, I don't think we are a match. I appreciate your not playing games and being very up front - it's sweet and flattering. I know you'll make "the" girl very happy one day. Best of luck in the search.”
    This was his grammatically challenged response:
    “I guess you should have told me right after we wet for yogurt that you didn’t feel it..I would have saved blowing the additional $20 at the shrimp bar. I would have much rather given the money to some beggar. I try to be mentsch and a gentleman and treat a girl with class, and what I get in return is, as to be expected from women like you, a punch in the gut…
    When you are 40, and still single, which I am certain you will still be (no offense, just being candid) you will look back and say: wow I can’t have any kids at this age and I am all alone. There were so many guys out there that were nice to me, but I had to play “Miss Big Shot” and pray that a shining knight on a white horse from Jdate no less, will sweep me off my find. Get real and good luck to you too!”
    So much for being a gentleman.
    Speaking of ungentlemanly behavior, the above email got me to thinking about one of my online dating horror stories with a guy from TheSquare.com.
    Seconds after we met, he said I looked “different” from my profile photo – and that that was neither good or bad.
    Upon returning home from our 10-minute date, I couldn’t resist the impulse to email him and say it’s impolite to insult someone straight off the bat. His reply—
    “If I had told you what I really thought, you would’ve slapped me across the face.”
    And this was from a man whose profile headline read, “Harry Seeking Sally.” Talk about false advertising.

Fortunately, online dating disasters like the above are occasionally balanced out by the unexpected good guy. Coming up…details about my recent encounter with a sweet bachelor in that category.

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    [quote=CanItBeChristine;964507 "we wet for yogurt"
    [/quote]

Ew! :lol:

I would think it would be worth going through that nonsense with that jackazz just to never have to read that kind of typo EVER again! :lol:
    I think I'm going to give-up and just kinda hope the right guy falls out of the sky one of these days.

Who knows.

It might happen!!!!

-Heard from a guy whose screen name named Hannibal. I'm sorry...I can't get Hannibal Lecter out of my head!

-Got this message from another guy: (I mention my dad's death, when I was a kid, in the "the most personal thing you will admit on here" section.)

Your profile galvanized my attention. You are intellectually curious and cultured. I so regret the passing of your father. I once read that a philosopher stated one is not a man or woman until a parent physically leaves.

Hope to learn more about you

Embraces
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    are you going to contact the second guy?

so sorry to hear that online dating isn't working for you. and you never know...he may drop from the sky...:happy8:
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Windflower wrote: »

so sorry to hear that online dating isn't working for you. and you never know...he may drop from the sky...:happy8:

He was almost twice my age :(

That message sounded like he wrote a normal message and then contacted a thesaurus! Maybe English wasn't his first language?
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users

That message sounded like he wrote a normal message and then contacted a thesaurus! Maybe English wasn't his first language?

it was kind of odd...i enjoyed the 'embraces' closing.

you are a magnet for men twice your age! :error:
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    he may drop from the sky...:happy8:

I have decided to wait for that to happen instead :)
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users

That message sounded like he wrote a normal message and then contacted a thesaurus!
    Maybe English wasn't his first language?

Yes! It sounds a lot like the papers I get from students who are somewhat mediocre students but think they're really smart because they look up every other word in the thesaurus.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file