The Official Online Dating Diaries Thread

Comments

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    cyndi wrote: »
    So, I haven't posted, because I've been having some mixed emotions.

The date went well and we both enjoyed the concert. When I emailed him to say thank you, he said that he was looking forward to our pets' playdate, but didn't actually ask us to join them anywhere which I thought was weird. I don't know what to say.

Now for the mixed emotions...I came home crying. The whole time I was at the concert, I was thinking about my ex-boyfriend. We haven't been together in years, but we hooked up when I was home at the end of June. I can't help it. There's just something between us that I can't explain. I know we're not right for each other, but I'm afraid I'll never have that connection again with somebody else. I seriously thought we were going to get married before things fell apart. Even my mom loved him and was excited that we were spending time together when I was home.

I was wondering how your date went. I'm sorry about your ex. I feel like I'll be going through the same thing if/when I start dating again. I'm hoping if you meet someone with a better connection things will get easier.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    See, I have zero baggage. My dating history is so freaking distant at this point, I cannot remember any of it! :compress:

Seriously, of course I have some, but I'm sooooooooo freaking ready for a relationship. For real.

But the guys I seem to date, they need a porter to lug around all that crap they're lugging.

Can't win.
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    I woke up & couldn't go to sleep, so I checked my email. This one guy I had been emailing back & forth with just asked me if when I was young & after the festivities did I then have a booty call for the real festivities. WTH! I emailed back & asked him if he was asking if I had sex with strangers. What a weird question. I'll be interested to hear his answer. I have the feeling I won't be going out with him.

He sounds awful :thumbdown:

But what ever happened with *cinderalla guy*? The one you were supposed to meet at noon near B&N? Inquiring minds want to know..........

He sent me more pics. Not my type, so I cancelled.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    cyndi wrote: »
    So, I haven't posted, because I've been having some mixed emotions.

The date went well and we both enjoyed the concert. When I emailed him to say thank you, he said that he was looking forward to our pets' playdate, but didn't actually ask us to join them anywhere which I thought was weird. I don't know what to say.

Now for the mixed emotions...I came home crying. The whole time I was at the concert, I was thinking about my ex-boyfriend. We haven't been together in years, but we hooked up when I was home at the end of June. I can't help it. There's just something between us that I can't explain. I know we're not right for each other, but I'm afraid I'll never have that connection again with somebody else. I seriously thought we were going to get married before things fell apart. Even my mom loved him and was excited that we were spending time together when I was home.

Cindy,
    Give the guy from the date sometime. He still might call to ask for a second date...If it's been 2 -3 weeks, then I would say forget it.
    About your ex...I find that until you find someone else, you never really move on.
    Sorry about that.
    I woke up & couldn't go to sleep, so I checked my email. This one guy I had been emailing back & forth with just asked me if when I was young & after the festivities did I then have a booty call for the real festivities. WTH! I emailed back & asked him if he was asking if I had sex with strangers. What a weird question. I'll be interested to hear his answer. I have the feeling I won't be going out with him.

He sounds awful :thumbdown:

But what ever happened with *cinderalla guy*? The one you were supposed to meet at noon near B&N? Inquiring minds want to know..........

He sent me more pics. Not my type, so I cancelled.
    Good. He sounds like he is looking for a booty call if he is approaching you like that.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    wild~hair wrote: »
    See, I have zero baggage. My dating history is so freaking distant at this point, I cannot remember any of it! :compress:

Seriously, of course I have some, but I'm sooooooooo freaking ready for a relationship. For real.

But the guys I seem to date, they need a porter to lug around all that crap they're lugging.

Can't win.

Exactly! I feel your pain. I almost hesitant now to date a guy whose divorced now.

I wished they had " Completely Damaged", "Slightly Damaged", or "Unblemished" sign on their foreheads or something. Jeebus...
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ended up going out a day earlier since he had some other obligations that came up.

We played pool and talked, and just continued getting to know each other better. He's WAY more handsome in person than in pictures, and has the most gorgeous smile and eyes. :D And was a gentleman.

But, I ended up getting sick and had to bring the date to a close earlier than I would have liked. Had vertigo(bad timing, man....BAD timing, lol) and standing/sitting up became a problem but he helped me into the house and made sure I was okay before he left.

Considering I didn't cap the evening off how I would have liked, I had a great time. And I just spoke to him(said he enjoyed himself as well) and we're going to set something up for another day soon. :)
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    I had all three of my dates this weekend!

Saturday coffee- he was pretty cool. We talked and walked around for almost 3 hours. He is very different from me personality-wise. I doubt we will go out again but he wrote a nice testimonial on my page!

Saturday dinner- nice guy. Very easy to talk to...he has ALOT of bagage and is actually on probation. So...not too sure if we will go out again, Im still deciding if I had sparks with him or if he was just a cool guy to hang out with!

Saturday drinks- after dinner date my roommate and I went downtown to watch Phelps win his 8th medal. So I called up the guy I was supposed to meet Sunday for coffee because I knew he lived downtown and he came out with a freind. We all walked around and bar-hopped and hung out. I didnt drink because I was driving but we all got along and he was HOT!! He is from Poland and is just my type in every aspect :) He gave me a nice hug and a kiss at the end of the night and we went on our ways. Its funny though because my new apartment is literally down the street from his. So we are going to be neighbors! We talked yesterday but have not made plans to meet again...so I shall just wait and see :)

So...1 out of 3 isnt bad!! Maybe it is all a numbers game. I was so less stressed on all the dates because I knew I had 2 others to compare them to.
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

• CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    Gag!!!

i just recently joined this site And i'm looking to meet a pretty young lady like you. I'm a white very successful multiple businesses owner i own a construction co and a secutity co plus i'm partners in a womens swimwear line. I'm in my 40's dynamic, ambitious, and a very masc & rugged clean cut casual special forces war veteran and Alpha Male. I'm looking for a pretty young lady like you to spend time with and spoil. Break away from the little boys and date a real man.If you are interested in learning more you can contact me at my business email address at upon your reply i'll forward you a picture of me. If you are not interested then the best of luck to you and be well and safe.
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Gag!!!

i just recently joined this site And i'm looking to meet a pretty young lady like you. I'm a white very successful multiple businesses owner i own a construction co and a secutity co plus i'm partners in a womens swimwear line. I'm in my 40's dynamic, ambitious, and a very masc & rugged clean cut casual special forces war veteran and Alpha Male. I'm looking for a pretty young lady like you to spend time with and spoil. Break away from the little boys and date a real man.If you are interested in learning more you can contact me at my business email address at upon your reply i'll forward you a picture of me. If you are not interested then the best of luck to you and be well and safe.

Oh Lord, that reeks of one of those guys who is so insecure he acts cocky. "Date a real man?":puker:
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Oh Lord, that reeks of one of those guys who is so insecure he acts cocky. "Date a real man?":puker:

What he actually meant was "I'm really in my 50's, and just looking for a MUCH younger plaything to keep in my bed."

Or else he's well-meaning, just can't communicate that in words. It's possible, but when all you have to go on are words...
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
    Gag!!!

Well, he IS an Alpha Male!
    Gag!!!

I wouldn't even reply.
    The 'pretty young thing' would end it for me.
    I don't contact anyone whose profile doesn't sound absolutely normal. And even then, there are surprises but you should be able to weed them out fairly quickly.
    Luckily for us, people read themselves!!!!
    Just saw this one guy's profile...VERY handsome physically, but I have a feeling it fades if you know him...

I don't mean to be rude, but if I'm not attracted to you I'm not going to respond. I simply get too much mail. The type of girl I'm acttracted to is pretty, ample in the right areas, and knows how to please a man.
  • texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Just saw this one guy's profile...VERY handsome physically, but I have a feeling it fades if you know him...

I don't mean to be rude, but if I'm not attracted to you I'm not going to respond. I simply get too much mail. The type of girl I'm acttracted to is pretty, ample in the right areas, and knows how to please a man.

I, for one, would not be impressed.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    CIBC..what about the guy that we mutually know? Did you ever make a go of it? :toothy7:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

CIBC..what about the guy that we mutually know? Did you ever make a go of it? :toothy7:

Sore subject :(
    texascurly wrote: »

I, for one, would not be impressed.

Seriously, how obnoxious is that?!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte

Sore subject :(
    footinmouth.gif
    :sad8:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Um, what site did you join?
  • hadtochangemynamehadtochangemyname Posts: 628Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I met my bf on okcupid.com

I'm a math geek and I liked our statistical probability of compatibility based on our values and lifestyles after answering the 3000+ questions on there. Plus the questions are a fun timewaster!

Seriously though, after living with him for 2 years, its really really accurate the areas in which we dovetail and the 13% we disagree on!

Then again, he and I were both open to dating people from all over the world... if I had limited myself to men in the dating pool where I used to live I would have had to settle for the types of guys who have profile pics with either a fish, a dead animal, a motorcycle, a boat, or another woman with her head cut out of the picture with a scissors. :thumbdown:
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
    Yeah, I'm going to run-off to Idaho (where I know nobody...) and start a family with this guy who is 20 years older than me and who is listed as still legally married...

WOW, I AM SO IMPRESSED.
    I do however have to ask you. What keeps you in NY?
    How about living in Idaho, where the quality of life is so incredible. How about starting a family? I would love to have you in my life. I would love to pamper and spoil you every day of your life. Very cute guy looking for his lifelong sweety.
    I have a great house, and great family
    I met my bf on okcupid.com

I'm a math geek and I liked our statistical probability of compatibility based on our values and lifestyles after answering the 3000+ questions on there. Plus the questions are a fun timewaster!

Seriously though, after living with him for 2 years, its really really accurate the areas in which we dovetail and the 13% we disagree on!

Then again, he and I were both open to dating people from all over the world... if I had limited myself to men in the dating pool where I used to live I would have had to settle for the types of guys who have profile pics with either a fish, a dead animal, a motorcycle, a boat, or another woman with her head cut out of the picture with a scissors. :thumbdown:

My friend met her boyfriend there, too! Perhaps I'll try it.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    wow, I dunno how I missed this thread before... lol

I didn't want to pay for a site either, like a lot of you, so I went the OK Cupid route. The first guy I met up with was the pushy sort like someone mentioned on th first page. REALLY pressed to meet IMMEDIATELY for drinks and me being stupid, I agreed.

Ugh.

He asked what I did for a living, and I told him... and he asked what exactly I do in a day, and I told him... and he rolled his eyes and was all "THAT'S what a graphic designer does?" all snobby and disdainful. -_- not a great first impression. On top of that, he was short, balding (at 24...), couldn't hold a conversation thread for longer than 20 seconds if it wasn't about his job or his travels and totally wouldn't take no for an answer when he tried to kiss me at the end of the date.

I only went on two other dates, one of which was really just uneventful... not great, not horrible. just blah. And he'd just broken off an engagement and was still living with the chick, which was a big deal breaker for me.

And the other actually turned out to be pretty damn perfect for me :) Really smart, genuinely sweet guy that's just the right mix of outgoing, nerdy and compassionate. Been dating for a couple of months now, and it's going strong :blob8:

The WORST part of online dating though was the ridiculous messages I would get (and still do, when I bother to check my messages) from some of the guys. I actually got propositioned by a 47 year old man (I'm 25), who is married. He said something about how he and his wife aren't 'intimate' any longer, and he's looking for someone to fill that void in his life. But it'd have to be secret, and we could only meet during such and such hours, Mon-Wed.

o.o

Seriously? Uh, no thanks... but good luck on your search, jerk.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i was posting about my dating "adventures" on the over-40 board.

but i went to the local Plenty of Fish New Year's Eve party and met someone there - probably just a fun fling since he's so much younger than me.

compared to the guys my age, he's more of a gentleman - not pushy at all. and a FABULOUS cook!!!

:lol:

i met Drew through PoF too.

OKCupid and CasualKiss were both duds from my point of view and eHarmony rejected me.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I met my BF online dating - will be 4 years next week. Mind you, I had my share of gd awful encounters and pushy online pervs.....

All in all I was only online about.... 2 weeks? before I met my beau, 1 month before we became eclusive. But you can have alotta bad dates in a month!
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    A guy friend of mine in Texas flew to Italy to meet a woman from Russia. They met on a dating site. He left 12/30/08. I called his cell this morning, but haven't heard back yet. I think he's suppose to be back tonight. I think he's crazy.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • hadtochangemynamehadtochangemyname Posts: 628Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    rouquinne wrote: »
    and eHarmony rejected me.

hahaha I saw this pic today
    http://clintmaher.com/dick.jpg (warning: sort of NSFW)
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote: »
    and eHarmony rejected me.

hahaha I saw this pic today
    http://clintmaher.com/dick.jpg (warning: sort of NSFW)
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was that for real???
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    wow! i wasn't THAT bad!!!!

:lol:
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file