The Official Online Dating Diaries Thread

1119120121122123125»

Comments

• CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    edited February 7
    Myrna said:
    @CatitudeBoo:  That said, I also do not feel that a man one meets over the eggplant at Whole Foods is any less of a potential liar or cheater that someone one meets on line. 
    That's just a pitfall of dating strangers in general, whether they be online or off. I understand certain folks may be relegated to online dating but it's best to keep their expectations low and skin thick when trying to date complete strangers. 
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Absolutely true.  Dating on line casts a wide net and pulls in detritus as well as the catch.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I am now completely off of online dating.  3 men this week.  Just awful. One desperate, one controlling, & one just rude.  I'm done.  I will stick with my FWB.

From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Aww, Lotsa, sorry to hear.  I wonder why so many men on line are disappointing.  Maybe that would make a good thread...
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Myrna, I don't think it is just online.  I think it is just old men.  LOL  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Lotsa, I am not sure it is just old men either.I hear from my clients:  drinking, dope smoking, clueless about how to behave in relationships.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    edited February 11
    LOL, I do find older men tend to be more controlling and desperate.  Younger guys are not blowing up my phone if I don't respond to them right away. I also find they seem to have this sense of entitlement. It's so odd because you'd think theyd be more gentleman like.

Went on a date Saturday with a guy I met on Tinder. Known him a while, we went to a knicks game in the fall. He's nice, okay with just hanging out time to time. Yesterday was the third time, probably the last time. He's just sooo boring and we really have nothing in common :(.

Meeting a guy today I met at a bar a while back. We'll see how that goes..
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Myrna said:
    I wonder why so many men on line are disappointing.  Maybe that would make a good thread...
    Same could be said for the women, no? We aren't perfect. 

One of the things about online dating is the newer profiles get more views, date opportunities and if they're a good catch with the right attitude & a good picker, they won't be on there long. It's also one of the reasons I'd only keep my profile active for about 2-3 months. If I hadn't found anyone by then, I'd delete and divert my attentions elsewhere....to interests that had nothing to do with dating, men or relationships. Active profiles that are on there for too long are akin to a product at a store that keeps getting bought & returned, bought & returned, repeatedly. 
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

CatitudeBoo, you are probably right.  I have said before that on line dating - particularly Match, I think- is like Weight Watchers, in that it makes just as much if not more $$ from return business - and return and return and return.  I also think that the templates that these sites set up are basically useless - who cares if a guy likes fishing and the Packers, that is like a woman saying she likes pedicures and shopping.  These sites do nothing to encourage people to get real and discuss values, what challenges we have faced in our lives, what does a healthy, successful relationship look like to us...etc.  Most of the common "likes" are meaningless.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Myrna said:
    I wonder why so many men on line are disappointing.  Maybe that would make a good thread...
    Same could be said for the women, no? We aren't perfect. 

Active profiles that are on there for too long are akin to a product at a store that keeps getting bought & returned, bought & returned, repeatedly. 
    Ouch lol, true to some point but some person's trash is another's treasure?
    Myrna said:
     I also think that the templates that these sites set up are basically useless - who cares if a guy likes fishing and the Packers, that is like a woman saying she likes pedicures and shopping.
    It depends on what you're looking for. I'm not necessarily looking for marriage so the likes matter for me. I like football and going to games so it's useful to know. I prefer similar interests.

So date yesterday was good. Guy was really nice and gentleman like during the date. He seems to want something serious. I'm not sure the physical attraction is all there but he's not bad. Also around my age(just 3 years younger) so that's a huge plus these days. I will probably see him again. Need to figure out if the sexual attraction is there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file