Deep Cleasning Oil by DHC

frizzybarbiefrizzybarbie Posts: 483Registered Users
Anyone try this cleasner...you can read about it here: http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?CS_ProductID=300&CS_Catalog=DHC%20USA
4a pencil-sized corkscrews that are low porosity, fine, thick, & layered

Comments

• La wavyLa wavy Posts: 52Registered Users
    Love, love, love it! I tried the OCM(oil cleansing method) described here and then discovered this product. through the free samples they sent through the mail. I get compliments on my skin all the time. If you call the company they'll send you free samples up to four at a time and more with each order that you place so you might want to check it out that way at no risk to you.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    This is weird. I just read this thread on Tuesday night and couldn't figure out how to order samples through the website link you posted. Yesterday (Wednesday), I got a DHC catalog with three samples inside. Now I can try this and I don't have to wait! :)
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • niknik Posts: 109Registered Users
    I remember early last year the oil cleansing method was really big on here. On here people with oily skin were praising it. I tried it (I have oily but not acne prone skin) and it caused acne so I stopped. Ironically just the other day I was reading an article in a mag about the Deep Cleansing Oil and the featured dermatologist said that unlike popular thinking this method of cleansing is not for oily skin but for very dry skin. I dunno, it seemed to work for people of all skin types (except sensitive, acne prone) on here and other websites that I have come across.
    There will never be another you
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I used my sample and liked this stuff. It didn't seem to make my skin feel oily or dry--just clean. It rinsed off easily and removed all my makeup. My skin is on the oily side, with some dryness around my eyes.

I almost bought a bottle of this today at Sephora, but went for MD Formulations instead. I'm not sure why...
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • frizzybarbiefrizzybarbie Posts: 483Registered Users
    Well I had forgotten all about this product until I got a catalog in the mail yesterday with a sample of the cleansing oil...I used it and loved it. I had been using EVOO to remove my eye make-up anyway but this cleansing oil rinses away easier.

I am going to oder some now and add it to my nightly skin regimen.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    frizzybarbie, in your opinion, is there a big difference between EVOO and the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil? Wondering if I'm nuts to consider buying this stuff if there's a similar option more readily available, and cheaper. I'm not one for mixing/DIY, so I'm really considering this product if I'm going to try OCM. So funny -- I got a catalog the other day too so I am going to try the sample. I'm concerned about it breaking me out, so even if the sample works for me, I will probably start out with the smaller size product from the website. [/b]
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • frizzybarbiefrizzybarbie Posts: 483Registered Users
    curls2grow wrote:
    frizzybarbie, in your opinion, is there a big difference between EVOO and the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil? Wondering if I'm nuts to consider buying this stuff if there's a similar option more readily available, and cheaper. I'm not one for mixing/DIY, so I'm really considering this product if I'm going to try OCM. So funny -- I got a catalog the other day too so I am going to try the sample. I'm concerned about it breaking me out, so even if the sample works for me, I will probably start out with the smaller size product from the website. [/b]

The DHC Cleansing Oil rinses away cleaner so you don't have to use another soap if you don't want to...I use black soap anyway. With pure EVOO I could still feel a little oil even after using black soap.

I just recieved my DHC order today and have used it already...LOVE IT. HTH

I bought the smaller $11 sized bottle.
  • smallpeassmallpeas Posts: 162Registered Users
    I started using this recently and I really like it too.

I did the Oil Cleansing Method last fall with castor and olive oils, but I got lazy and stopped doing it.

I'd since been using Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash, which has olive and coconut oils in it, but it can be a bit drying (probably because of the tea tree oil). The DHC gets makeup off better than the DE, is not at all drying, and easily rinses off once you mix it with water.

It's not cheap, but it's worth the cost to me since I'll actually stick with it.

• stars629stars629 Posts: 84Registered Users
    wow, this stuff sounds great. my brother is in japan right now and I asked him to pick me up a bottle (they're based in japan).
    3a

Faves: Deva One C, Spiral Curls Cream, NECL, Aura Hypoallergenic, Curl Junkie, Jessicurl
    B&A Gel + AG Recoil + CurlKeeper

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file