I though I'd share

DocDoc Registered Users Posts: 367
I've visited other sites recently, and a significant number of members actually deep condition on DRY HAIR before washing. The rationale is that if you see the hair like a sponge, it will absorb more conditioner while dry vs soaking wet. I've never done this before. I know there are pre poo treatments but I've never used my deep conditoners on my dry hair before co washing or pooing. The rationale seems solid and it seems to work really well for those who've done it. The order outlined was: deep conditon (dry hair), CO wash (or poo), quick rinse out condtioner, then leave in and style as usual. I'm going to do this the next time I wash which will be Christmas eve.

Also:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!
Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!

Comments

• pacammipacammi Registered Users Posts: 206
    I tried that a few times, my hair didn't like it much. It just seemed coated, but still dry underneath. I find my hair absorbs butters better when it's damp, not soaking wet. It doesn't like oil much at all, except the canola/vegetable oil you cook with!
    CGNYC wrote:
    Oh y'all, that's just her crazy showing.
    Trenellm wrote:
    I guess lying on my back, in the middle of a studio, breathing and making vowel sounds for an hour for two years paid off. :)
  • TroDousTroDous Registered Users Posts: 241
    I do this....actually, I heat the conditioner up then put it on and leave it in overnight. My hair LOVES this. I can detangle easier and I don't have to use any leave-in's except for a little gel for my edges. My hair stays moisturized for 3 or 4 days when I do this. Ok, now i'm excited, I'm gonna do a treatment tomorrow...lol.
    Coily, springy, major shrinkage!
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    ive started doing this ever since i read it on either this site or NP.com and my hair seems to like it better actually.

i usually use my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]jessicurl wdt[/buylink], some veggie glycerine, honey and a bit of olive oil. i mix them all together apply to my dry hair at night time and rinse it out in the morning. it leaves my hair feeling so soft!
  • CheleighCheleigh Registered Users Posts: 552
    My hair perfers this too. I find it easier to get to all my hair when it's dry as opposed to wet but not yet detangled.

The only thing is that I don't "no poo" after the deep treatement. My deep treatment "is" my no poo. I mix several conditioners, including olive oil and molasses and I heat it and leave on a minimum of one hour, often overnight. Then I massage my scalp and rinse each section really well (I do six) with warm water then with cold and use my fingers and D4 to detangle. Then I rebraid and dry until slightly damp and add my leave-in.

Laborious, I know, but I only soak my hair twice weekly. Hopefully I'll shave a little time once I BC.
    Natural pics: http://picturetrail.com/shelacious
    pw: kinky
    Hair type: Spongy & kinky texture. Coily & curly strands.
  • DocDoc Registered Users Posts: 367
    Cheleigh,

I just viewed your album, and I can't wait to see your hair after the BC
    it's going to be GORGEOUS :D
    Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!
  • CheleighCheleigh Registered Users Posts: 552
    Doc wrote:
    Cheleigh,

I just viewed your album, and I can't wait to see your hair after the BC
    it's going to be GORGEOUS :D
    :oops: :oops: :o
    Thank you so much Doc! You're the first ever to say that, I think. It's a wonderful Christmas gift. I cannot wait for the BC.
    Natural pics: http://picturetrail.com/shelacious
    pw: kinky
    Hair type: Spongy & kinky texture. Coily & curly strands.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file