ads popping up

SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
several of us have been noticing that ads pop up in a new window when they hit the back button or post a new topic. are you aware of this? some find it to be a bit annoying - there is a thread on the general discussion board.

tiffany

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    No, that absolutely should not be happening. How odd. I'll check into it; thanks for the alert.
    I am now getting them so often I almost can't post or read any posts. They are popping up approx once ever ten to fifteen seconds, almost overlapping each other (they pop up one directly behind the other, then there's a break for a few seconds...then two more). I understand that banner ads keep the site free but these are making me crazy. Is there anything to be done about them?

Btw, I've gotten four in the time it took for me to type this.

Can I at least turn something off or block the pop ups?
    Argh. I'll check with our ad service. I'm very sorry; how annoying.
    Thanks a bunch...and if it helps it seems to go with the speedyclick.com banner. There are two...win a Porsch and enter to win a billion dollars or something like that.

Thanks again for looking in to it!
    yup, I have those annoying banners too, the billion dollar one. ugh!!!
    I requested that they no longer pop up; please let me know if you continue to see them.
    I had at least 5 of those pop ups come up yesterday. But today I haven't had any. Maybe they have finally taken them off for you Gretchen!

Thanks!
    I haven't had any this morning...and normally I'd have five or six by now.

THANK YOU!
    You bet. We need to fund this site, but not to the degree that it comes unusable! Lemme know if they recur.

[This message has been edited by gretchen (edited November 03, 2000).]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file