CurlTalk

acv in co-wash?

maizymaizy Posts: 26Registered Users
Hi all,
I'm wondering if instead of doing an acv rinse i could put a half teaspoon in with my conditioner when I co-wash once every other week or so? has anyone tried this or is there a good reason it won't work? May be a ridiculously bad idea, but I thought I would throw it out there, cuz this is all new to me and I'm all for making my routine as simple as possible. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I've never tried it but you can do lemon with conditioner so it might work.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • ubarubar Posts: 1Registered Users
    I'm resurrecting this thread in hope of a few more responses :) It has also occurred to me to try mixing some ACV in with a CO wash conditioner because I have dandruff from time to time and don't want to have to use shampoo, especially not a dandruff shampoo! I thought that if the ACV changes the pH of the conditioner it might be more suitable for my scalp.

Has anyone tried this?
  • LaLaPoPLaLaPoP Posts: 35Registered Users
    Ive done something like this before except I added brown sugar and baking soda to the mix as well in an attempt to make my own cleansing conditioner. I don't have dandruff so I can't say if it would help with that or not but my hair and scalp were definitely clean after using it and it didn't dry my hair out. hth
  • ShubhoRShubhoR Posts: 107Registered Users
    I do this. It helps if you are co washing any oil treatment from your hair. My question is can I add a few tbsp of vinegar to my co washing conditioner bottle. Will the conditioner go bad? My conditioner is a bit thick. I like watering it down with a bit of vinegar

Sent from android curltalk app.
    HAIR TYPE -2a-b, black, mostly medium
    CO WASH, RO-HE HH and ENLEVEN and GARNIER RANGE
    CLARIFY- I use sulphate shampoos silicone free(diluted), vinegar rinses
    DC-pure coconut oil, olive oil, sometimes a SMT
    LI-aloe vera gel + castor oil
    I'm currently at BSL, aiming for waist length.I'm a very impatient person, wish me luck :D
    I love my flat iron, but I love my waves even more. :-D