Haircut help: Bangs v. No Bangs??

tocinoqueentocinoqueen Posts: 19Registered Users
Ah, ok so I'm getting my haircut on Tuesday for the first time in a YEAR so I'm pretty excited :) I wanna get it cut shoulder-length and I really just want it to be long enough to put in a ponytail (for those many days when I'm too lazy to do anything)

A few months ago my roommate gave me bangs
zomgbangs.jpg
(We cut them shorter after I took this pic)

Soo I had been growing them out but now I'm thinking maybe I'd like them if I had a professional fix them for me? Or are bangs + curly hair just a bad idea in general? Any input would be awesome :)

xo

PS- If people are seeing my shirt and thinking "wtf", RAW = Resident Appreciation Week at my apartment complex haha :]

Comments

• curlygrl6660curlygrl6660 Posts: 12Registered Users
    i have bangs and my hairs curly it looks good straightened or not lol good luck!
  • _obsessed__obsessed_ Posts: 16Registered Users
    I think you should keep the bangs. =)
    3a Chin length layered and side bangs
    Brunette
  • smo6767smo6767 Posts: 409Registered Users
    I'm getting a haircut today, and I'm getting my bangs cut too, and my hair is 3a/3b. i'll straighten them and I think you should keep the bangs.
    ICONATOR_bb56511c0b5e53f5d21289611d11a822.gif
  • rps23rps23 Posts: 53Registered Users
    I'm getting mine cut this week and I plan to get my bangs cut shorter...as short as like a full fringe but to the side if that makes any sense...I prefer straight bangs with curly hair on mr because it makes me feel like my hair's more 'put together' if you know what I mean..I think you suit them so if I was you I would get them trimmed or taken up a bit shorter depending on what you would prefer. They need straightening up though..
    Newly CG 2B/C

My hair loves Pantene Curl Mousse, Rich Conditioners
    & Diffusing

Hates Curl Cream & Gel

Growing to BSL

:money:

• teencurlygurlyteencurlygurly Posts: 3Registered Users
    go with the bangs! i have like, the same exact haircut, and i straighten my bangs. it ususally looks pretty good!
  • ponygirlcurtisponygirlcurtis Posts: 29Registered Users
    The problem is that you have to straighten them. And if you're like me, it'll be a pain to get it done. I don't like spending more than 10 minutes in the morning on my hair. lol. But my mom has curly bangs and they really frame her face. I guess it depends!

Kat
    Lovin My Curls!
    Currently Using,:occasion9: Suave Coconut Conditioner, and Aussie Mousse+leave-in-conditioner. Working Well!
    Got Scrunch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlliyAlliy Posts: 73Registered Users
    I have very thick 2C/3A Irish waves & curls, and I love my side bangs! My tip is to ask for something not too too dramatic- otherwise, they'll probably look bad if they're not straightened or tended to. My bangs are basically elongated side bangs- straight, the shortest layer hits my lower lashes and the longest grazes my chin. I find that pinning them back and up while I sleep is a good way to make them look presentable the next day if I'm running late and can't straighten them. But, really? Unless you have super tight curls or your hair is unbearably unstraightenable, I find that a nice bang really polishes up your whole look and draws attention to the eyes and face, so GO FOR IT! Besides, it's just hair; it will grow back. (:
    2Cish hair
    Currently loving my Herbal Essences None of Your Frizziness :love7:
  • tocinoqueentocinoqueen Posts: 19Registered Users
    OMG, my hair, I'm mortified :o

Haha well I've tried DIY bangs off and on for a few months now (as you can see in my avatar; I think they look MUCH better there as opposed to my initial picture!) and Tuesday I'm getting my hair cut. I have been growing my bangs out for a few months now and I just can't decide if I want to keep them or continue growing them out...ah!:banghead:
  • curlcutiecurlcutie Posts: 227Registered Users
    I say keep them, cause they look really good. I know lots of curlies that have bangs and they all look good :)
    - 2c/3a hair
    - Going to try being a modified CG
    -Herbal Essence Body Envy Volumizing Mousse
    -Pantene PRO-V Curls Gel
    -L'OREAL Paris Curl Boosting, Curl Spray Gel
    -Is hair twins with sarahb1396:toothy7:
    I LOVE MY CURLS!!!!!:love4:
  • dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Posts: 144Registered Users
    I love my bangs! I agree with others saying it gives you a more polished look. It takes some experimenting but you will probably love them! I would definetly keep them! I reccomend nothing to dramatic at first though.. Hope this helps! good luck!! :) :tongue5:
    ~~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr.Seuss

~~Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.--Dr.Seuss:color:

We are all fools, whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance! :)
  • AnnaCate007AnnaCate007 Posts: 11Registered Users
    I have bangs, and I wear them curly. Think old Taylor Swift right when she came onto the music scene. I do use a very small barrelled curling iron to sort of touch them up in the morning and make sure they look kind of uniform and good.

I HAVE to have bangs though, my forehead is kinda big and i have a widow's peak, and it just doesn't look right one me.

I find I actually get a lot more compliments on the fact that I have curly bangs, instead of just having curly hair. I don't think many of us curlies have the guts to change up our hair with bangs, because it can either look super cute or be a huge disaster if not done properly. I would recommend having her cut VERY long side bangs, because unless you have a stylist who is a God of cutting curly hair, its very easy to cut them too short and wind up with a little poodle poof ball on your forehead. You can always trim them up slowly on your own once she does the intial cut, and i would almost recommend having her cut them dry if you could, just because if your hair is known to poof up when dries you might end up with too short of bangs.

All in all, I really think you should go for it. I think bangs really waken up any hairstyle and it draws a lot more attention to your eyes and your face.
  • taybabytaybaby Posts: 1Registered Users
    I want to get bangs but im scared to death it wont turn out good and homecoming is in two weeks so i dont know what to do when i go to the hair dresser in the next week

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file