Twists problem

SakuraSakura Registered Users Posts: 7
I tried twists for the first time a couple weeks ago ( I forgot to take pictures) but I got to like day 2 or 3 of them im and they started to get frizzy and unravel. I loved the way the looked on me and I want to try again.

Does anyone know a product that will help them stay together and help cut down on frizz? I was kind of thinking about trying Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Creme, But I'm not sure.

By the way I have 3c/4a hair... from what i understand.

Comments

• honiecurlshoniecurls Registered Users Posts: 106
    :? I don't think there is a way to stop the frizz ... even if you cover your hair... all the twists i see get like that afer a few days... try going to naparality.com(sp :oops: ?) .. they are full of twist info...
    3c very thick big hair
    Henna girl
    th_100_3332.jpg
    th_100_3330.jpg
  • OldSoulOldSoul Registered Users Posts: 268
    I tried something this week, and I am on the 5th day with twists - no frizz.

I started with well conditioned hair
    Applied a mixture of 1 qtr size honey, 1 tbsp kemi oil (probably could use any carrier), and 4 oz gel (I used eco styler gel for braids and twists) to the ends only

I spritz my scalp twice daily, and tie with a satin scarf at night.

If you don't want to mix stuff, try ors lock and twist gel or try some of the other hard hold gels.

Also, see http://www.motowngirl.com/how_to.php for technique tips.

HTH
    The poster formerly known as JCrysy
    :::::::::::::::::
    Mostly 4a-} OS spongy

Current faves: Trader Joe's Nourish, Suave Color Care Co, Abba Nourishing, FOTE AVG, Taliah Waajid mist bodifier
  • TroDousTroDous Registered Users Posts: 241
    I've used ORS Lock&twist gel...it works pretty good IMO. I can get my twists to stay in for about a week before they start to unravel then I just retwist the ends with more.
    Coily, springy, major shrinkage!
  • SakuraSakura Registered Users Posts: 7
    Thanks for all your tips. I retried twisting my hair and i put a little FOTE Gel on it and it seemed to work well. I took them out today because they were starting to look frizzy ( I think it was one to many holiday naps without tying up my hair) But it seemed to last 5 days, which is a new record.

Does anyone know where I can find ORS Twist and Loc gel? I've looked at walmart and a couple local Beatuy Supply Stores and haven't been able to find it.
  • malikmommalikmom Registered Users Posts: 4
    Does anyone know where I can find ORS Twist and Loc gel? I've looked at walmart and a couple local Beatuy Supply Stores and haven't been able to find it.[/quote]

If you haven't already try Sally's Beauty Supply Store. That's where I got mine.
    My Reggie:
    Clarify- V05 Lime lemongrass/baking soda 1wk
    Clean ACV- As Needed
    Deep Condition- Pantene Deep Conditioning Mask biwkly
    TIGI Moisture Manic or HE Hello Hydration
    Joico KPak Recontructer 1 every 3wks.
    Spritz- Water, glycerin, castor oil
    Aphogee 2 Step Treatment 1 every 8 wks.

:lurk:
  • SakuraSakura Registered Users Posts: 7
    Thanks malikmom, Sally's is the only place I haven't checked. So I might have to run by there.
  • AnoxiaAnoxia Registered Users Posts: 64
    I wear my twists for like a week and a half before they start to look too bad. I know before I clipped my ends, they frizzed rather quickly. Split ends have a way of doing that I guess.
    Transition: May 03
    Bc'd on Feb 14, 2004
    Length: 8 - 10'
    Type: THICK curly/coily/wavy
    GOAL: Healthy Bra Strap Length
    HG: (I'm going to step out on a limb here and say...) Smooth N Shine Curl Activator & Fantasia IC w/ Sparklites

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file