OK LADIES , ROUTINES PLEASE

Natural4sureNatural4sure Registered Users Posts: 30
WHAT IS YOUR HAIR ROUTINE FOR THESE COLD MONTHS ?
USUALLY I RINSE (CON WASH) MY HAIR DAILY, BUT IT'S BEEN TOO COLD LATELY , SO I'M IN NEED O F A NEW ROUTINE.
SO ANYWAY I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THE 4A GIRLS WHERE DOING IN THIS COLD TIME OF THE YEAR? :D
http://public.fotki.com/kadaf/
MARCH 13TH , IYANNAH SHOUNLD BE HERE!!!
dev071bp___.png

Comments

• pacammipacammi Registered Users Posts: 206
    usually I just mist with some water to get the curls to fluff back out. they flatten while I'm sleeping. I just cut all my hair off again, but before that I did a cowash about once a week, sometimes twice depending on the style and how much product I've used. In between, I mist with water, jojoba oil and Pantene Relaxed & Natural Conditioner mixed in a spray bottle. I don't usually have to use more gel, but if it's really dry I'll put a little fantasia IC mixed with olive oil in. Just about a nickel sized amount.
    Still do lots of DT's, mostly with sheabutter and mango butter. It's important, because my scalp gets really dry this time of year.

HTH!
    CGNYC wrote:
    Oh y'all, that's just her crazy showing.
    Trenellm wrote:
    I guess lying on my back, in the middle of a studio, breathing and making vowel sounds for an hour for two years paid off. :)
  • TroDousTroDous Registered Users Posts: 241
    I'm doing the same thing pacammi is doing....I'm spritzing before I go out then I wash once or twice a week when I don't have to go anywhere. i'm using my own hair butters on it too.
    Coily, springy, major shrinkage!
  • pizazzpizazz Registered Users Posts: 239
    Winter TWA routine
    Daily
    A.M.
    Cond wash with Creme de Cocoa Condish(Bumble & Bumble)
    PM The Conditioner Leave-in
    Stlyer of choice([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], Garnier, or TIGI control freak w/ gel)/air dry or sit under bonnet dryer(10min)if in rush
    P.M.
    rinse out styling products
    Moisturize damp hair with Jane Carter Nourishing creme or QP Mango butter/soak up excess water with microfiber turban
    sleep on satin pillow case

2X WeeklyWash/Cond with Elucence MBS/MBC
    detangle
    *Deep condish for second wash day(weekend) with Jane Carter Nutrient Repleninshing Condish/Cocnut Oil w/ or w/o heat.

Monthly
    Calrify w/ NExxus Aloe rid + Peppermint/Rosemary oil( 2 drops ea.)
    Deep protein treatment/ moisturizing conditioner
    mostly4a/3c/frizz
    http://public.fotki.com/pizazz/
    pw:buttercup
  • HoneycombHoneycomb Registered Users Posts: 400
    My routine is simply. I do fingercurls once a week as a protective style and it lasts for a week.

First I wash my hair with shampoo, then I leave a conditioner on for about 10-15 mins.

Afterwards, while my hair is damp, I apply a little hair gel to small sections of my hair and twirl until it curls. I then let it air dry.

The process takes me about one hour.

I sleep on a satin pillowcase at night, and in the morning I revive flattened curls with a spritz of water.
    Natural since Oct. 2002. BC for the 3rd time in July 2008. 5-7" of natural 4a hair.

My pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=4tcfcwu.136flti6&Uy=w74a9e&Ux=0
  • msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
    The one thing I've been anal about is moisturizing at least twice a day. I've noticed that my hair looks and feels so much better. I wash about three times a week or so and spritz in between.
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
  • nubiancurlynubiancurly Registered Users Posts: 11
    Last Wednesday I wet my hair, added conditioner, and wore it all day, and even slept with it in my hair. My hair was very tangled in dry thats why I kept in in for so long.

When I woke up, I rinsed it out, did an acv rinse, allowed it to aridry, and twisted it.

I still have the twists in my hair now. I like how my hair looks and feels.

Shampoo dried my hair and scalp out. So I decided to just use conditoner. I'm off shampoo for the time being. I haven't rinsed myhair since I put my hair in twists. I'm trying to see how long I can keep these twists in my hair. I used to condition wash everyday but that resulted in build up.

My routine is:

clarify
    conditon wash
    airdry
    twist

wear twists for as long as possible with no rinsing in between except to wash loose hair.
  • softcoilssoftcoils Registered Users Posts: 39
    In cold months i have found that adding a little honey and castor oil to my conditioner really makes for a great winter DT!

Other than that my routine is the same:

carefully detangle hair using misting bottle of warm water and wide tooth comb and section hair into about 10 big loose braids then
    clarify
    deep condition with suave bibasics and rinse very lightly leaving some in for detangling purposes
    then use a little biobasics or humectant as leave-in

then carefully style as desired (twists, or free form braids or heidi plaits)

I am growing my hair long so am currently using protective styles exclusively like twists or non-extension braid styles. My hair is medium-long right now just below shoulders and I would like to grow it to my waist like i did as a child.

Also, i have found that by cleansing and styling my hair in sections cuts down on breakage in a major way. And this is where suave biobasics conditioner has become my holygrail for its detangling-slip properties and it's an awesome conditioner overall. I relly like how soft humectanct conditioner leaves the hair so sometimes I use half and half suave biobasics and suave humectant as my leave-in and that's it.

If my scalp or hair feels extra dry I use a little jojoba oil or avocado butter with a few drops of rosemary oil.

my hair is growing like crazy btw. i think that less manipulation allows the hair to rest and really reach it's growth potential!
    soft kinky coils and curls
  • Curlee QCurlee Q Registered Users Posts: 523
    Right now I wash my hair with a mild shampoo when needed.

* Co wash everyother day or so with Jessies [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Too Shea[/buylink] or Elucence. I detangle with a denman at that time sometimes.

* I apply my leave some of my conditioner in as a leave in and also apply some kemi oyl on my hair.

* I then section my hair and apply Ic Fantasia gel I use the denman also to make sure I get proper coverage. And let air dry.

* I also DT with Jessies weekly conditioner once a week.

My goal for this year is to have low maintenance hair. Its looking pretty good so far. :D
    http://www.youtube.com/Kittykat1374

natural since 6/05
  • DocDoc Registered Users Posts: 367
    bump
    Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!
  • iggystariggystar Registered Users Posts: 6
    Thanks Doc!
  • DocDoc Registered Users Posts: 367
    You're welcome, and good luck :D
    Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file