CurlTalk

Hello!

LilluLillu Posts: 182Registered Users
Hi everyone, I'm Lillu, a 3c/4a transitioner from the UK!

I have in fact been coming on nc.com for the last 2 yrs or so! I think I did register way back then but only posted a few times... my main aim back then was to find a product that would help my relaxed hair get more curly, as it wud only go into fine limp waves.

Anyway, I basically gave up on that when i discovered bendy rods, which I used from then on with gel+hairdryer to get my hair curly. I still visited nc.com from time to time to keep up on latest products, and to buy Blended Beauty stuff!

Anyway, i was quite happy raping my hair with relaxers until one day last summer when 3 inches of my hair broke off in one day... just out of the blue! My hair has been long for years & years, a couple of inches below my bra strap, then i just woke up one day, brushed it out and there was tons of hair in my brush and my hair was straggly-ended and 3 inches shorter almost all over! So I cried for ages, and told myself i wudnt relax ever again... well except that i have to have the option of straight hair and thought id never ever be able to cope with my huge, thick, dry natural hair! So i tried to delay my next relaxer, but caved in after 3 months and got it relaxed on 20th Sep 2007, and got another 2 inches cut off to hopefully fix the breakage.

Then i thought what-have-i-done.. regretted it right away, and knew i wanted to go natural. The breakage really scared me... what if it all broke off!? So i decided not to relax again as long as i cud find a decent straightening iron that didnt do too much damage. My mom bought me a GHD (which ironically in fact makes my natural hair far softer and shiny than the relaxers ever did), and since then i was sold... no more relaxers! Am coming up to my 11th month now... although my hair is SO THICK i cant believe it sometimes! Its getting more and more curly... i love the ringlets and am dying to BC but cant imagine having short hair! I'd look like a bloke!

Er anyway so "HI!" again, and thanks for having me!!!

Lillu xxxxxxxxxx
3c spirals & corkscrews!
Transitioned Sep'07-Nov'08
BCed 21st Nov 2008!!

My hair likes:
Alba Botanical Leave-in is my irst HG :-)
Condish: AOHR
Co-wash: Original Source Tea Tree Mint
Post-BC hair HATES protein!

Comments

• SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Welcome (back?)

Glad you have finally stopped relaxing your hair (I never tried it b/c I figured then I'd actually have to do my hair and thats a no no for me!)

Using a flat iron also causes breakage and damage to your hair, do you think you are going to slowly ween yourself off the iron and become totally natural?
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    So happy you're back. :D

Sorry you went through such hardship to get here but glad you found your way back to curly! :blob7:
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • sexyjacksparrowsexyjacksparrow Posts: 439Registered Users
    Hiya from another UK curly!!!

Kerry xx
    [FONT=&quot]UK curly - mostly 2c[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Going back to basics![/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Happily using a mixture of sulphates, cones and CG products.
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Permanently undecided whether to cut or grow![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Currently loving:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Lush I Love Juicy shampoo
    Charles Worthington frizz smoothing conditioner[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Superdrug coconut & almond intensive conditioner[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Montagne Jeunesse avocado & cherry bark mask[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Umberto Giannini curl gel
    Boots 'pink' curl creme
    [/FONT]
  • LilluLillu Posts: 182Registered Users
    Thank you guys!! Its good to be here properly, and not just lurking lol!!

I am really tryin to limit my use of my ghds to no more than once a week at most, and some weeks ill wear my hair curly, altho my relaxed hair seems to have cottoned on to what I am doing and refuses to curl properly in the rod set like it used to... so i am wearing my hair up more and more, which i hate! but its the only way to keep it looking tidy and protect it. Ideally I'd straighten it all the time until all the relaxer has grown out, but now i have curls i never knew i had before i am scared to death of damaging them!

SarcasmIsBeauty, i am hoping that once i can perfect the art of braid-outs i will only ever use my ghd's for the odd special occasion where i want straight hair... i am pertified everytime i use them that i'll wash my hair and it wont go curly again! I am doing well tho i think and not using them too much!

xxxx
    3c spirals & corkscrews!
    Transitioned Sep'07-Nov'08
    BCed 21st Nov 2008!!

My hair likes:
    Alba Botanical Leave-in is my irst HG :-)
    Condish: AOHR
    Co-wash: Original Source Tea Tree Mint
    Post-BC hair HATES protein!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,470Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    We're happy to have you!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!