shea for fine hair recipes???

I just got some 100% shea butter.... now I need some good recipes for moisturizing fine hair any tips/recipes???
Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
Finally grew out my bad layers!!!

Comments

• SherrybpSherrybp Posts: 20Registered Users
    I'd like to know about this also. Would you put it on wet or dry hair?
    3B very thick long colored corkscrews
  • SmithsGirlSmithsGirl Posts: 100Registered Users
    No recipes, but a tip: rub a little bit (dime-sized, perhaps, depending on the length of your hair) back and forth between your hands until it is good and liquidy and melty, then smooth through dry hair as a shine enhancer, frizz tamer and leave-in conditioner.

Works well for fine or thick hair!

Shea butter is such a great substance!
    "In the days when you were hopeless and poor, I just liked you more."

formerly jodib70
    3a/3b, baby fine; growth goal: bra strap length.
  • henchpersonhenchperson Posts: 67Registered Users
    I'm with the previous poster, but I also use it as an overnight deep treatment on my ends. I get a good dollop of the shea butter together and really work it through the ends of my hair - just the last inch or so. Since I occasionally heat-style my hair, I try to give it extra moisture on those days, and leaving in the shea butter overnight seems to work pretty well.
    Not curly, but wavy. Learning to love it.
    Valiantly attempting to become a product minimalist.
  • SherrybpSherrybp Posts: 20Registered Users
    Thanks for the info! I just got some coconut oil from Wal-Mart in the food section. What about that? For an overnight treatment?
    3B very thick long colored corkscrews
  • henchpersonhenchperson Posts: 67Registered Users
    As I mentioned on another thread, I found coconut oil to be too heavy for my hair - I use jojoba oil, normally. Avacado oil is also a good alternative, a little heavier than jojoba, not as heavy as coconut, just more expensive.
    Not curly, but wavy. Learning to love it.
    Valiantly attempting to become a product minimalist.
  • long_n_curlylong_n_curly Posts: 300Registered Users
    Thanks for the tip on using shea on dry hair....and jojoba oil is now on my things to try list (got a tiny bit in a swap) is that best applied on dry hair as well? Do you have to use HCC or no poo to get it out or does it just absorb?
    I am loving shea butter as a body butter/ face cream Im hooked and will definitely repurchase it.
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    I just got some 100% shea butter.... now I need some good recipes for moisturizing fine hair any tips/recipes???

where did you get it?
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • long_n_curlylong_n_curly Posts: 300Registered Users
    I got mine in a swap. I have fine hair so I really didnt want to invest in a big amount till I find out if it will weigh me down :^)
  • cara4curlscara4curls Posts: 336Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I make my own concoction of melting some unrefined shea butter and jojoba oil together, along with some drops of lavender and rosemary essential oils, enough to fill a 2-oz jar. I melt the shea butter over very low heat, and add the jojoba oil. Then I add the essential oils after removing from the low heat, stirring thoroughly, pouring the mixture into my jar and letting this firm up in the refrigerator. It makes a soft mixture that is easy to take a little dollop of, emulsify it in the palms of my hands, and then scrunching it throughout my dry hair that has beenspritzed first with water. Voila - instant curl-reviver, pre-shampoo conditioner in one, and it adds volume, too. I leave this in my hair as long as possible, sometimes for a whole day and overnight, but for at least an hour or two anyway.
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file