Foundation Color

CurlyRedChicCurlyRedChic Posts: 43Registered Users
While getting my haircut today, the lady who was cutting my hair asked me if she could tell me something about my makeup. I hesitated and mumbled "sure". She proceeded to tell me that the foundation that I'm wearing is to light, and that I should go a shade darker becuase my makeup looks to pale. I currently wear Estee Lauder Double Wear in Shell, which is the lightest Shade.

I'm not sure if I should take her advice or not. I have red hair and I am very pale, so isn't that how I should look? The shade I have seems to blend well with my skin, and I don't have any marks on my neckline. I know about a year ago I was wearing a darker shade for a short time and I could tell right away it was too dark because it didn't blend well with my neck.

So I'm not sure if I should take her advice and go to the makeup counter and maybe try one shade darker or not. I don't want to waste my money, since the foundation I use isn't cheap.

Don't you hate it when people say something and you feel like you have to run right out and buy something right away? :?

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    take a good mirror and look at yourself in strong daylight.

if your foundation can't be seen against your skin, especially along the jawline, you are wearing the right colour!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • CurlyRedChicCurlyRedChic Posts: 43Registered Users
    Your right, when I do this it blends in really well along the jawline. When I had a darker color it didn't blend as well. Sure a darker color may make me look less pale, but I am pale, and makeup is supposed to eccentuate what you have. She probably just thought I looked too pale, but that's my natural skin tone.

I think I'll stick with the foundation I have for now, since I just opened a brand new bottle, and maybe next time I go to the makeup counter, I'll ask for a sample of the next shade up. Last time I went they gave my mom a sample of a foundation because she wasn't sure about it, so I know they are really nice about giving samples there.

But in the meantime I'll try not to be paranoid about my face. No one has ever said anything to me about my foundation that I have been wearing for over a year, so it was just this one person, It can't look that bad and it probably is the right color for me.
  • RainRain Posts: 217Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    She may be one of those people who thinks we all need to be tan to look right. I'm extremely pale myself and that's an attitude I've run into many times in my life.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    I'm a redhead and I get this a lot, too. My foundation definitely matches, but when I've gone to different "professionals" they have all tried to get me to wear darker foundation that looks like a tan mask...
    ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file