We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

tangles/breakage

jade22jade22 Posts: 110Registered Users
I use my hands to detanlge my hair in the shower once i have smoothed on conditioner, but lately i have noticed that my hands dont slip through my hair as easily and i end up pulling out lots of hairs or snapping hairs with my hands, and then seeing lots of hair in the drain, which makes me a bit nervus.
any advice on what i might me doing wrong ??

Comments

• MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    jade22 wrote: »
    I use my hands to detanlge my hair in the shower once i have smoothed on conditioner, but lately i have noticed that my hands dont slip through my hair as easily and i end up pulling out lots of hairs or snapping hairs with my hands, and then seeing lots of hair in the drain, which makes me a bit nervus.
    any advice on what i might me doing wrong ??

Sounds like you might be using too much protein. Hair with too much protein in it lacks flexibility and breaks more easily than it should. Check your product labels for proteins and try dropping one or two of them.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file