Creaks, snaps, pops, groans...

EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Several times daily I can pop my ankles, often when walking my left knee feels like it wants to come out of the socket & sometimes my left hip feels that way too, my neck sounds like Rice Krispies...

Damn my body sounds old!

My son likes to make comments about breaking the plastic hip, which I don't have! Smart ass. :laughing7:

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,726Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I have to crack my thumbs and my left hip a few times a day or they hurt like heck. My knees, neck, and shoulders pop often on their own. Yep, getting old.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • hadtochangemynamehadtochangemyname Posts: 628Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    my son can crack every joint in his body, even in big bursts that sound like popcorn LOL

he is only 21, so its not necessarily an age thing!
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can't sneak up on anyone downstairs - my creaking knees give me away every time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have the creaks and cracks also. DH is convinced that something is just going to pop out of socket at some point. :( My elbow, neck, back, knee.... might be a shorter list if I only included what doesn't crack, creak or pop! LOL!
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • brdudeonbrdudeon Posts: 66Registered Users
    Well, not quite 40 here, but I've had Rice Krispy joints (they snap, crackle and pop) since I had my 1st baby. I hope that makes me relevant here. I'll be 40 in december if that helps. :occasion9: Yoga a couple of times a week makes an incredible difference for me. After just a few weeks of practicing once a week significantly reduces the popping in my knees and hips.
    Lots of medium to fine, extremely porous and color damaged hair.
    Suave Tropical Coconut for co-wash
    Bed Head Tigi Moisture Maniac
    FX Curl Booster Fixative Gel
    Gel

CG since November 2007
    Slowly growing out the color damaged hair. I'm halfway there!!:p
    I will be 40 in December too!
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
  • BugEyeZBugEyeZ Posts: 314Registered Users Curl Novice
    i am glad i can still walk and use the toilet by myself.
    when all else fails...eat:icescream:
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    n/m
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't creak. Swimming daily makes me feel effing fabulous. My husband creaks like an old door hinge though. I try to get him to swim, but he won't. He'd rather creak.
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    brdudeon wrote: »
    :occasion9: Yoga a couple of times a week makes an incredible difference for me. After just a few weeks of practicing once a week significantly reduces the popping in my knees and hips.

You're right -- things like yoga, pilates, and/or lots of stretching become SO essential at a certain point. If you've ever gone to a baseball game, have you ever noticed that the "older" players (over 30!!!) are out on the field, stretching for like an hour before the game? That's how they stick around and can still compete with the younger guys.

Of course, I'm getting to the point where I feel like I have to stretch before even going shopping!!!!:rolleyes:

Could be worse, though -- my cat likes to join my husband when he stretches (she lies next to him and purrs). It's gotten to the point where she comes running anytime she hears a thud followed by a groan, because she knows that means he just got down on the ground to stretch.:iconbiggrin:

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
    BugEyeZ wrote: »
    i am glad i can still walk and use the toilet by myself.

yeah, my stepmom lost these abilities due to brain cancer at 54 and it was heartbreaking to watch

sure puts other things into perspective
    [/FONT]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file