hair sticking to scalp?

declarationofcurlinessdeclarationofcurliness Registered Users Posts: 16
a question for all you gurus out there:

what do you do to stop your hair from sticking to your scalp?

I tried plopping and/or diffusing a few times, but they would break up my clumps and give me stringy hair... am I doing something wrong? I find that generally touching my hair causes the clumps to separate...

thanks!
2c generally, with a few spirals in front and underneath. Between BSL and waist length when straight, about shoulder length when set free.

Comments

• funkymunkycurlfunkymunkycurl Registered Users Posts: 83
    What works for me is to put a sock diffuser at the end of my hair dryer and dry just the roots on a low speed and cool air while my head is upside down. You have very pretty waves.
    Formerly known as colomunky.
  • declarationofcurlinessdeclarationofcurliness Registered Users Posts: 16
    Thanks for the reply... I know it's a year later (school work distracted me for a while), but better late than never ;)

Off to try diffusing roots!
    2c generally, with a few spirals in front and underneath. Between BSL and waist length when straight, about shoulder length when set free.
  • linda_mlinda_m Registered Users Posts: 211
    Have you tried clipping your hair? I clip along my hair line where I want lift (see the Ouidad style guide here for pics: http://www.ouidad.com/curl_central/style-guide.asp) before I diffuse. I also put a few clips "clothespin style" around the crown. It really helps give me lift on the top without frizz.
    Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.
  • declarationofcurlinessdeclarationofcurliness Registered Users Posts: 16
    that's a great idea (and great pictures on that website!). =) I'm definitely going to get me some clips =D Thanks so much for posting!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file