CurlTalk

Layers in Curly Hair..

SSSSSSSS Posts: 67Registered Users
It took me 2 years to grow out my super short cut, I'm almost shoulder length now with some layers throughout. I just went in for a trim recently and asked that only 1/4 inch be taken off. She took a little more off and the layering right near my face on each side looks too poofy, the length of the layers before pulled it down and was much less bulky but had a nice curl pattern. I hate this now...I feel like I look like a poof-ball and can't wear it curly :sad8:
Would it be silly to just have layering in the back? It seems like the only way to have layers in my super-THICK hair is to have super-long ones.....and I'm no where near long layers or long hair right now. I feel like I need to blow-dry straight <gasp> in order to not look like a poof-ball. I'm very unhappy :sad8:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3a-m-iii
Current co wash:Suave aloe and waterlily, VO5 passion fruit smoothie
Current poo 2x month:Cristophe purely natural clarifying shampoo (no sulfates, parabens, fragrance, or dye)
Current leave-in:Giovanni Direct
Current Stylers:KCCC, Curl Keeper, AnGell
Hair Dislikes:JC RR
*flour sack towel to scrunch, curlease towel to plop
Modified CG April 2008

Comments

• 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
    Sorry that happened to you - that's such an awkward stage. Have you tried headbands? That really helped me when my hair was that length. (Now I'm back to super-short!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I had the same issue when my hair was shoulder length. It's very awkward length. I still had layers but my hair was too light and therefore poofy. Once it grew a couple more inches that problem went away. Then I had to layer it more otherwise I ended up with pyramid head.

I didn't have any real solution except more product to weigh it down, a headband as 2poodles suggested or in summer a nice big straw hat. I wasn't CG at the time either which didn't help matters.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • Autumn2Autumn2 Posts: 13Registered Users
    Yes, lots of product to weigh it down and some Ficcare clips would help. If you keep it up it may look better.
    I'm MIACURL.....so leave me alone until I get my name changed back....carry on. :laughing7:

Proud card-carrying member of NC.com since 2004. :tongue5:
  • SSSSSSSS Posts: 67Registered Users
    Autumn2 wrote: »
    Yes, lots of product to weigh it down and some Ficcare clips would help. If you keep it up it may look better.
    Thanks all. I'll look for some headbands tomorrow...this looks so weird right now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3a-m-iii
    Current co wash:Suave aloe and waterlily, VO5 passion fruit smoothie
    Current poo 2x month:Cristophe purely natural clarifying shampoo (no sulfates, parabens, fragrance, or dye)
    Current leave-in:Giovanni Direct
    Current Stylers:KCCC, Curl Keeper, AnGell
    Hair Dislikes:JC RR
    *flour sack towel to scrunch, curlease towel to plop
    Modified CG April 2008

Leave a Comment