Is this overkill?

tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
I have oily acne prone skin. I want to try a lot of different products but I dont know if I should do it all at once.

I want to do the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel, if I use that I will need a moisturizer hopefully one with spf.

Moisturizer tends to make my skin more oily so on top of that should I use a mattifier. Or is all that going to be overkill?
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Posts: 183Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Have you tried any of the Burt's Bees products? My friend also has oily skin and she tried their line and had great success with it.
    As far as the other part of your question, I would try one thing at a time, whatever it is, or at least one product line at a time. If you try a bunch of different stuff at once, it would be harder to tell what is working and what isn't.
    Here's the Burt's Bees website if you want to check that out:

www.burtsbees.com

HTH
    Kate
    3b, low porosity, CG method
    BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!
    current products: 
    • conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    • pre-poo: grapeseed oil or coconut oil
    • cleanser: currently experimenting with different things
    • deep treatment: Jessicurl Deep Treatment
    • "protein" treatment: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
    • Stylers: Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

• ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    I would prefer to use powder to a mattifier because either way, you're adding another product to your routine, but powder also evens out your skin tone. :D
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I don't like adding anything on top of my moisturizer, so I use Clean - N - Clear's blotting papers. They do not have any powder on them; they just absorb the oil. I love these things!!!
    ________
    WEB SHOWS
  • Ava79Ava79 Posts: 159Registered Users
    Do ALL moisturizers leave you shiny? I used to think so until I found my 3 top moisturizers

Clinique Superbalance (normal to oily skin)
    Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer
    Aveeno Ultra Calming

You might want to try these. I switch between these three. My dermatologist recommended the Cetaphil one and she approves the Aveeno one. I found the Clinique one on my own.

I have been under the care of a dermatologist since the end of September.
  • stars629stars629 Posts: 84Registered Users
    the more gunk you put on your face, the more stuff that gets clogged in your pores generally... try to use a lotion with a built in mattifier- Biotherm has one.
    3a

Faves: Deva One C, Spiral Curls Cream, NECL, Aura Hypoallergenic, Curl Junkie, Jessicurl
    B&A Gel + AG Recoil + CurlKeeper
  • tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    Hey stars have you ever used to biotherm lotions? And is your face oily?

event.png
  • stars629stars629 Posts: 84Registered Users
    yea i have! sorry I didn't realize there was a post after me. I used the biotherm blue one... i think it's called matifying something lotion, oil free. it smelled awesome, not too expensive, and it had a great consistency. i have oily skin and it helped tame it alot. :)
    3a

Faves: Deva One C, Spiral Curls Cream, NECL, Aura Hypoallergenic, Curl Junkie, Jessicurl
    B&A Gel + AG Recoil + CurlKeeper
  • jujubeecurlycuejujubeecurlycue Posts: 24Registered Users
    I get my beauty info from a website called www.cosmeticscop.com. It has such great articles on skin and makeup. From it, I've learned that less is definitely more when it comes to producst on your face. You can one or two products at once (make sure they will work together first thought), but when you start glopping them all on at once, your skin doesn't know what to do.

If you have oily skin, bezoyl peroxide is def. the way to go. I just started using these Pads by Stridex that you wipe on your face after wahsing it. They are 2.5% and so far they don't over dry my skin, and I haven't had more breakouts. I suggest you find a moisturizer that is oil free and has suncreen in it. That way you don't need a mattifier. I really like DDF brand sunscreens. They have formular for all skin types ( I think they even have one called daily Matte that might be a mattifier and sunscreen in one) and that way you are protecting your skin and moisturizign it without overdoing things. Also, ealier some one talked about the Clean and Clear blotting pads - Go buy them now! They are so awesome. I never leave the house without them.
    whoops messed up, post is below
    I get my beauty info from a website called www.cosmeticscop.com. It has such great articles on skin and makeup. From it, I've learned that less is definitely more when it comes to producst on your face. You can one or two products at once (make sure they will work together first thought), but when you start glopping them all on at once, your skin doesn't know what to do.

If you have oily skin, bezoyl peroxide is def. the way to go. I just started using these Pads by Stridex that you wipe on your face after wahsing it. They are 2.5% and so far they don't over dry my skin, and I haven't had more breakouts. I suggest you find a moisturizer that is oil free and has suncreen in it. That way you don't need a mattifier. I really like DDF brand sunscreens. They have formular for all skin types ( I think they even have one called daily Matte that might be a mattifier and sunscreen in one) and that way you are protecting your skin and moisturizign it without overdoing things. Also, ealier some one talked about the Clean and Clear blotting pads - Go buy them now! They are so awesome. I never leave the house without them.
  • tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    I had the clean and clear blotting pads and swore by them. But Wal Mart was out so I bought biores version instead. They are paper like instead of plastic and actually work better,

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file