CurlTalk

enlightening moment of hair love!

k33rstynk33rstyn Posts: 59Registered Users
So I have pretty much always hated my curly hair. I've thought about japanese straightening, I bought one n' only curl remover (2 boxes... untouched) and I complain about it everyday (even though i get compliments all the time, especially since the popularity of Taylor Swift. Apparently I'm a dead ringer for her. I don't see it.)

I've tried everything... flat ironing, every product, plopping, no shampoo. Some kind of worked, most not at all.

This morning I did something small that made my hair look awesome. Instead of tying my hair up after my shower in a towel on top of my head, I just scrunched the bottom of my hair a bit with my towel and let it dry soaking wet. I put gel and hairspray in as usual, left it for a half hour, and diffused it facing down on the cold shot. It. looked. so. good.

Usually it gets too poofy at the bottom for me to leave down so I always wear it half back or in a ponytail. But today I left it down: for the first time in years! It actually had that edgy volume at the top tapered at the bottom look that my hipster self has wanted for so long!!

I never thought I'd say this: I'm on the brink of hair acceptance.

Just thought i'd let you know! =)

Comments

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,132Registered Users
    k33rstyn wrote: »
    This morning I did something small that made my hair look awesome. Instead of tying my hair up after my shower in a towel on top of my head, I just scrunched the bottom of my hair a bit with my towel and let it dry soaking wet. I put gel and hairspray in as usual, left it for a half hour, and diffused it facing down on the cold shot. It. looked. so. good.

Congrats on your hair discovery! I hope that you continue to have good hair days. :toothy7:

I just wanted to point out that Lorraine Massey of CG and other curly hair experts recommend that curly heads DON'T wrap their hair into a towel and put it atop their head. To do so messes up the curl pattern, especially if it's not a microfiber towel.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • lachicacurlylachicacurly Posts: 18Registered Users
    yay! it'll change your life. the curly is way sexy once you feel good about working it.
    3c/4a...sometimes frizzy, always beautiful!