ACV on skin

O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Posts: 1,042Registered Users
Has anyone applied ACV on your skin? I've been reading a lot of reviews online , sounds really good. Think i will try this today.
And the end of the day , all you've got is yourself..:headbang:

Comments

• hautecocoahautecocoa Posts: 258Registered Users
    Has anyone applied ACV on your skin? I've been reading a lot of reviews online , sounds really good. Think i will try this today.

Be careful...if it's too highly concentrated it can literally burn your skin. I had a pimple that would not go away so I applied ACV with a q-tip a few times at night. It burned my skin and then a scab covered the burn. When that finally fell off I had a large white spot on my face for a good 2 or 3 months. My skin has evened out now, but I was really self conscious about it.
    "I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair." Bette Davis, Cabin in the Cotton

~mix of 4a/b??
    ~my only staples are TJ Nourish (for cowash/detangling) & Lush henna (bc it's pre-mixed). everything else is still up in the air...
  • O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Posts: 1,042Registered Users
    I was thinking of adding to a few drops into a spray bottle... and consuming it with water
  • a.l.i.c.e.a.l.i.c.e. Posts: 673Registered Users
    I used to use it, mixed 1-1 with water, as a toner because I heard it evened skin tone. It stung a little (I have VERY sensitive skin), but never burned my skin (by that I mean, it never left a mark, the way that other products literally burn me), maybe because I didn't use a very strong concentration. I can't remember why I stopped. I think I got tired of smelling like a pickle :)
    botticelli-ish bob.

Current Routine:
    -Suave Aloe & Waterlily cowash/leave-in
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    -FOTE aloe vera gel
  • hautecocoahautecocoa Posts: 258Registered Users
    I was thinking of adding to a few drops into a spray bottle... and consuming it with water

Oh okay. I think I got a little over-zealous by applying straight to my skin lol. Funny when I think about it now, but not so funny then. I actually add it to my juice in the morning and drink it. It's supposed to be very good for your overall health including hair and skin.
    "I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair." Bette Davis, Cabin in the Cotton

~mix of 4a/b??
    ~my only staples are TJ Nourish (for cowash/detangling) & Lush henna (bc it's pre-mixed). everything else is still up in the air...
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users

i pour a cup of it into plain lukewarm bathwater or in my pedicure water for a foot soak. never had a problem, but i do have soft skin with no itchies or rashes.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • a.l.i.c.e.a.l.i.c.e. Posts: 673Registered Users
    My DH mixed a couple of tablespoons with water and a little honey and drinks it to prevent acid reflux. He also takes prescription meds, but the ACV seems to help when nothing else can.
    botticelli-ish bob.

Current Routine:
    -Suave Aloe & Waterlily cowash/leave-in
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    -FOTE aloe vera gel
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've used it directly on my skin to dry up some poison ivy before.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Heard it's great for acne.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Posts: 1,042Registered Users
    I have been drinking ACV for the past 2 days now. Call me crazy , but i feel my skin looks much better. Mind you.. i do smoke 2-3 ciggies per day.
    I dilute 8 tblspoon with 44oz of water.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file