making hair wavy

ama935ama935 Registered Users Posts: 20
What can I do to make my hair wavy. I am like a 3b type but I feel like for school it would be easier if my curls were a bit looser. I have heard sleep in buns, but i prefer a technique that I can do in the morning (I shower every morning). any tips?? also i didnt really like braiding my hair because I thought it looked to crimped.

thanks!!
~amanda~
3b and extremely thick
i would love more controlled looser curls.

Comments

• essjicaessjica Registered Users Posts: 9
    I'd really like to know the answer for this too! I love the beachy, loose, wavy hair and I'd really like to know how with my 3b hair.
    3b and retrying going poo-less! Wish me luck!
  • crazycurlygirlycrazycurlygirly Registered Users Posts: 2
    I have 3b hair too, and I have tried every single thing imaginable to make my curls looser. I still haven't found the perfect technique, but it seems the best thing to do is run a flat iron gently through my hair. I know it's damaging and all, but I just spray on some heat protectant and go for it, and I haven't gotten damaged ends. Don't use mousse, try a straightening product while wet and then sleep on a high bun, then flat iron slightly in the morning. It's the only way it works for me, and I've found it so annoying and time consuming I just straighten it all the way most of the time. The only way you can truly get perfect waves like the celebrities have is by blow-drying straight, flat ironing, and then curling. And how stupid is that?
  • rosyCurlsrosyCurls Registered Users Posts: 50
    I think you're lucky to have tight curls. Mine are so unpredictable! I never know whether I'll have waves or "Little Orphan Annie" Curls. If I were you I would go with the curls you've got! I'm so jealous...
    2c/3a...very thin and fine... Modified CG (I co-wash everyday)

Suave Naturals Lavender Conditioner
    LA Looks Sport Gel
    Honey
  • one way streetone way street Registered Users Posts: 772
    bump (i want to know this too!)
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • grndcherokeecurlygrlgrndcherokeecurlygrl Registered Users Posts: 2
    I was either a 3a or 3b and I just used the EasyStraight 1 week formula and it gave me loose,beacy waves. I think when it wears off I'm going to use the permanent one.
  • embudiniembudini Registered Users Posts: 580
    When I was looking on the general forum i saw the topic "wetbrushing for looser curls" I tried brushing my hair when it was wet and it wasn't quite as curly.
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file