New Kids on the Block..I may pee

TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I am SO going to their concert.

I got an email from my friend of a million years. She sent it to our whole "gang"

New Kids is going to be in St Pete Nov 2 it's a Sunday. Who's in?

One of my friend's replied: I wasn't IN in 9th grade and I'm not in now.

hahah. That was my FIRST concert. I was never a "screaming" kind of a girl, so I was annoyed and a bit whoozy from all the clearosil in the air.

But this time around. Imma have to sneak backstage. hahah The whole arean is going to be filled to the gill with gen x-ing MILFS.

My hubby, as I type, is mocking my taste in music.

Him: all the guys HATED them

Me: (summoning my inner 14 year old band geek) They were just JEALOUS!

Comments

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    im jealous! if they come anywhere near my state, im totally going.
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That's funny. One of my friends and I were just talking about this very concert today. You do know though that it is not actually in St Pete. It's at the St Pete Times Forum that's in Tampa. I am hoping to get some tickets from my work. I SO want to go.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That's funny. One of my friends and I were just talking about this very concert today. You do know though that it is not actually in St Pete. It's at the St Pete Times Forum that's in Tampa. I am hoping to get some tickets from my work. I SO want to go.

Oh yeah, I meant forum. i want good tickets!
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    I heard their song on the radio yesterday. Had no idea it was them , but it was a catchy song. I was all :shock: :glasses8: when they said who it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    NKOTB was my first concert too :) I LUUUUVE Donny!!
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

• KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    I'm with ya! I took time off work to get tickets for September. My cousins and I are going to the first BOSTON show! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. My inner 12 year old has been jumping up and down screaming since my cousin called me at 7am in March to tell me the news!

I can't wait!
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    The closest they are coming to me is 5.5 hours away in November... if I can get someone to go with me, I'm definitely in!
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • quickcurlquickcurl Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    First off, the title of this thread literally made me laugh out loud. You are so stinkin' funny!!!

I wasn't a big NKOTB fan, but some of my friends were....one girl had a HUGE poster of Jordan on her wall....God I can still remember laughing at her for that...:toothy7:
    "It's hard to remember a time, when I didn't have you", Richie Sambora
    "Boys are bad and men are stupid", WB's
    "After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh" Mr. Big
  • gemidevigemidevi Posts: 510Registered Users
    OMG! They were my first concert too! I even rememebr that the group Perfect Gentlemen opened for them. I liked PG. But even more, I like NKOTB!!

I probably won't go to their concert this time around. Oh well...but everyone else is going, HAVE A BLAST!!!!! :blob7::occasion9:
    *disclaimer* spelling, grammatical and psychological errors are for your enjoyment. :)
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    oooh i may have to go..

i saw them in concert many years ago when they were a bunch of unknowns opening for Tiffany!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • LiveFreeDieCurlyLiveFreeDieCurly Posts: 183Registered Users
    Were they the beginning of boy bands? I can't remember any before them...

I am watching their old videos on youtube. Good stuff. :laughing7:
    Fayetteville, North Carolina
    3b, brunette
    Were they the beginning of boy bands? I can't remember any before them...

I am watching their old videos on youtube. Good stuff. :laughing7:

They were the "white" New Edition, so no.

And there were boy bands before New Edition.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Were they the beginning of boy bands?

the beatles
    the monkees

not sure if any of the motown groups would be considered boy bands
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    can i come?!!! jon was my boyfriend, no one could tell me ANYTHING!!!
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • GabbylkpGabbylkp Posts: 197Registered Users
    I remember being in their fan club when I was 15! I still have a few of the newsletters they mailed out, and came across an issue of Teen Beat the other day I have from 1991! (god, I feel old) I have tickets to see them in St Paul on October 21st! I have to say they are still looking hot! I can't wait! The tickets were not cheap though :sad8:
    Dwight Schrute: [pushing Michael's face into the wet cement] Force it in as deep as you can. Michael Scott: That's what she said.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    cute thread title! LOL
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • leenieleenie Posts: 194Registered Users
    So, has anyone else seen them in concert yet?

I haven't had that much fun in a long time!!!

:happy7:
    "Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it" ~ Bill Cosby
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I was never really into them, but a couple friends went last Sunday and had an absolute blast! They said they didn't sound the best and the moves were a little hokey, but it was the NKOTB and one of the best nights ever :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • AjidahkAjidahk Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've heard of them before, but I've never heard any of their of songs until today. I saw a VH1 special on them today. I'm sorry to say this, but they were corny. Their new song is hot though. I did like that one song from Jordan Knight "Give it to You" he had out a few years ago. Oh, Danny is so hot. He's got nice swagger. Joey is hot too.
    Hair Type: 4a with 3c sections...frizzy,wavy,bushy,curly
    A friend of mine saw them in New Jersey and had an absolute blast! If you were a huge fan of them back then, then you would enjoy them now. The show is good and they have all grown up to be HOT!!!! We are still trying to work out a plan to go to the Tampa show in a month. She is going to fly down for it. :blob7:
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    OMG! I just saw them in Boston at the Garden on Friday. It was their first show in Boston since the reunion. It was incredible! :wav:

I thought they sounded great and yeah some of the moves were hokey but they were classic! :toothy7:

They sang for over 2 hours and then at the end they encored with Hangin' Tough and who came out? Ooh yeah that's right Paul Peirce and the championship trophy!!!! I love Boston pride! :occasion9:

They got in all my old faves and a ton of the new album. They look great and omg...I was not a Jordan fan before (he was my cousins) but he does a solo and bares his chest and holy god is he ripped. :goofy: Seriously, it was almost enough to make me convert (I'm a Donnie girl...swoon! :love5:). One of the best shows I've seen in a long while.
  • leenieleenie Posts: 194Registered Users
    They never did have tour dates in my hometown way back when, so I didn't have the opportunity to see them.

This time around they're still not stopping here, so I flew to Montreal last weekend and saw them there.

It was worth it. Yes, some parts were hokey, but it was a dream come true for me to see them in concert. Mind you it was a dream I had when I was twelve, but it was worth the wait!!

:toothy7:
    "Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it" ~ Bill Cosby
    Trenell wrote: »

I got an email from my friend of a million years. She sent it to our whole "gang"

hahah. That was my FIRST concert. I was never a "screaming" kind of a girl, so I was annoyed and a bit whoozy from all the clearosil in the air.

But this time around. Imma have to sneak backstage. hahah The whole arean is going to be filled to the gill with gen x-ing MILFS.

Did you go? What did you think? I went and it was totally worth going even if I am dragging today at work. Awesome!!!!! Yes I am a dork like that. LOL!
    Trenell wrote: »

Did you go? What did you think? I went and it was totally worth going even if I am dragging today at work. Awesome!!!!! Yes I am a dork like that. LOL!

NO!:angry7: This is what I get for letting someone "Take care of getting the tickets"
    Oh, that's too bad :( For what it's worth, they did say it wouldn't be their last tour. Let's hope that's true. It was a really good show and I would so go see them again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file