Mousse lovers, we need to find out more about this mousse!

This one
http://www.sebastianprofessional.com/en_US/products/flow/product.jsp?id=100000
It's new from Sebastian...watch the video...it looks so much like whipped cream and I just can't wait to see if I can find it somewhere! Anybody tried it yet?

It's called Whipped Creme...and it talks about "weightless waves"....
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo
Conditioner - One Condition
Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.

Comments

• saricurlsaricurl Posts: 121Registered Users
    I just saw it at a beauty supply store. The woman who worked there said her friend just bought it and really liked it. She let me feel some in my hand - it felt really moisturizing and not gunky. It does have mineral oil and petrolatum in it. No cones that I can remember. And I don't remember where on the ingredient list those fell. I've used mineral oil/petrolatum stuff before with no problem, so I may give it a try one of these days.
    3b with a little 3a
    Mostly CG, but I love me some amodimethicone.

Cleanse: V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner; CJ Hibiscus Bliss low poo; LLL Green Tea Cleanse
    Rinse-Out: Kenra moisturizing conditioner, Redken All Soft (old formula), LVPNG, LVPHG
    Leave-In: Agave nectar plus Sebastian Potion 9 or Aloeba
    Style: Dab of QCCC, Re:Coil or Mop-C under BRHG/HESMU combo

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This sounds interesting, but I wonder about the mineral oil and petrolatum, too.

I was considering that cheapy Smooth 'n' Shine Extra Hold Gel that some have been raving about but saw that it, too, has mineral oil and petrolatum, which I don't if they're good or bad, do ya'll?

After getting rid of sulfates and 'cones, I don't want to go with something equally undesirable in other ways . . . .
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    Hmm, now that I know it has those ingredients, I may not be trying it :(
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Don't go just on my memory though -- I looked at a whole bunch of stuff when I was in that store and who knows whether I remembered correctly or not! I tried to find the ingredients online and I couldn't.
    3b with a little 3a

Cleanse: V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner; CJ Hibiscus Bliss low poo; LLL Green Tea Cleanse
    Rinse-Out: Kenra moisturizing conditioner, Redken All Soft (old formula), LVPNG, LVPHG

• msjananimsjanani Posts: 624Registered Users
    Ok, I'm on it! I will keep my ears to the ground and when I get some extra money (stupid rent) will try!

I have to maintain my title as the Mousse Queen, anyway. :laughing7:

ETA: Oh crap, "protein rich!?" What poop.
    3A low/medium porosity, medium texture

Current products:
    Stylers: HE Tousle Me Softly, Condition 3-in-1 Mousse
    Conditioners: Terax Crema, Mill Creek Botanicals Henna Conditioner
    Cleanser: DevaCurl NoPoo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theevolutionofcurl/
  • james25james25 Posts: 47Registered Users
    I'd be really interested to find out about this, too!!
    3B, fine, porous
    Here's the ingredients....what do you guys think? Ok for low poo? Anybody weirded out about the carbon dioxide?

Water, Carbon Dioxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, CetrimoniumChloride, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Sea Salt, Hydrolyzed Keratin
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    I think that mineral oil and petroleum are different for everyone. I don't have any problems. I only no-poo (with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl HCC[/buylink]) about once a month and I've had no problems with buildup at all. I am sure it is different for everyone though.
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Msjanani, I didn't know you were the mousse queen! Which ones do you like best? I used my trusty Totally Twisted mousse today. I really like it.

But back to the original post.... Mineral oil *and* petrolatum would weigh down my hair and make it stringy and greasy. No question. But that's just me. Clearly, it would not pose a problem for others.

The carbon dioxide is a little alarming to read on a label, but I'm pretty sure it's there to make the mousse spew out of the can....
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • VerityVerity Posts: 616Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    When I watch that video, all I can think is how nice it would be to have someone else style my hair. I'm not sure I like the results, though. I like loose wave, but the woman's hair in that video is too messy-looking for me.

My only experience with Sebastian products has been with Potion 9, which I detest (anybody want to buy mine?), so I'd have to hear some rave reviews about this product to want to buy it.
    I'm hoping there are some reviews sometime down the line - it's still tempting to me :) I'll see if I can get my niece to get it cheaper than retail since she's a stylist and then I won't feel so bad if I don't like it.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

I bought it today. I'll report back as soon as I use it. The dang PJ in me has to try anything new, even if it hasn't been raved about... it may become HG, you know :laughing7: It did look just like reddi-whip and felt really moisturizing on my hand when I tried it out in the store. It wasn't sticky like most mousses I've tried.
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
    Verity wrote: »
    My only experience with Sebastian products has been with Potion 9, which I detest

That's not good. I bought Potion 9 today because my hair loves oils, and it looked like it has a lot of oils in it. I hope I like it...
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
  • HedyHedy Posts: 173Registered Users
    sessac81 wrote: »
    Verity wrote: »
    My only experience with Sebastian products has been with Potion 9, which I detest

That's not good. I bought Potion 9 today because my hair loves oils, and it looked like it has a lot of oils in it. I hope I like it...
    I love the stuff, I'm sorely missing it while I try CG.
    So..um...I kinda fell off the CG wagon. I got sick of long curly hair about 6 months ago. I currently have a short a-line, which I flat iron, although I also wear it wavy sometimes. I still use sulfate-free poos (I'm madly in love with the Bodyshop's rainforest moisture) and silicone free conditioners.
    Want to get money back on your Drugstore.com, Walgreen and Sally Beauty purchases? Check out Sunshine Rewards!
    I love the stuff, I'm sorely missing it while I try CG.

The only "bad" ingredient I see is the a-cone, which can be removed by [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl HCC[/buylink], whcih is the poo I use.

Am I missing any other bad stuff? My hair likes oils (I think...)
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
    I use Potion 9 too... it seems to have been reformulated. The old version had a cone in it with a very long name - trimethylsilyl-something. Now it just has the a-cone in it, which my hair gets along fine with. I low-poo once or twice a week and don't have buildup problems.

Can't wait to hear whether you like the Whipped Creme or not. I'm not usually a mousse user, but I am curious about this one.
    3b with a little 3a

• msjananimsjanani Posts: 624Registered Users
    jillipoo wrote: »
    Msjanani, I didn't know you were the mousse queen! Which ones do you like best? I used my trusty Totally Twisted mousse today. I really like it.

I like HE Body Envy, GV Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam, Joiwhip, Condition 3-in-1 Maximum Hold...I just like mousse!! :laughing7:
    3A low/medium porosity, medium texture

Current products:
    Stylers: HE Tousle Me Softly, Condition 3-in-1 Mousse
    Conditioners: Terax Crema, Mill Creek Botanicals Henna Conditioner
    Cleanser: DevaCurl NoPoo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theevolutionofcurl/
    I tried it and had the best hair day that I've had in a long time. I conditioned with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]JC Too Shea[/buylink] and rinsed out completely. I then applied Potion 9, about 5 quarter-sized puddles of CK, combed through and raked in three puddles of the Whipped Creme. I scrunched my hair a bit to remove any excess water (my hair was still wet, but no where near dripping before applying the mousse), plopped about 15 minutes and diffused until about 80% dry. My hair had nice volume, a tiny bit of frizz (not enough to bother me at all... the humity was 89% here today), and just a teeny bit of crunch, which was easily scrunched out.

I love it. I have my hair in a pineapple now, hoping for second day hair :)

It is definately, by far, the best mousse that I've ever used. Most mousses make my hair feel dry, but this one didn't. It is great. So, go get it :evil1:
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
    sessac81 wrote: »
    I tried it and had the best hair day that I've had in a long time. I conditioned with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]JC Too Shea[/buylink] and rinsed out completely. I then applied Potion 9, about 5 quarter-sized puddles of CK, combed through and raked in three puddles of the Whipped Creme. I scrunched my hair a bit to remove any excess water (my hair was still wet, but no where near dripping before applying the mousse), plopped about 15 minutes and diffused until about 80% dry. My hair had nice volume, a tiny bit of frizz (not enough to bother me at all... the humity was 89% here today), and just a teeny bit of crunch, which was easily scrunched out.

I love it. I have my hair in a pineapple now, hoping for second day hair :)

It is definately, by far, the best mousse that I've ever used. Most mousses make my hair feel dry, but this one didn't. It is great. So, go get it :evil1:

Sounds great! I am definitely adding this to my list! I just bought some Lush shampoo and conditioner and was thinking this would be a great addition to that! Thanks for the review!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

No problem. That's what we curlies do :)
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
    Hey guys! I just got the Whipped Creme and Potion 9 as gifts...can't wait to try the mousse tomorrow-I'll let you know how it goes!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
    Here is my review of the whipped creme after the first use:

The consistency - amazingly light yet thick texture, strong perfumey smell that dissipates with time, looks like cool whip

I used the size of a small plum maybe? Just put some in my palm and scrunched it in

Dries fairly quickly - now the downsides and to Koukla's point....
    No hold at all, No frizz control, No definition to speak of

So, my assessment - a little more volume, plus no hold equals lots of frizz for me

Not sure if I want to try it again....
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file