Not a feel-good story--graphic

HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
This absolutely terrifies me. The way the attacker is described as being calm and robotic during this vicious, brutal, unprovoked attack. The age of the victim, the randomness, the grisly nature, the close quarters with no escape. It's all very, very disturbing. This is more like the plot to a bad slasher movie than a real-life happening. Surreal.

There was another video story on cnn.com on this where one of the eyewitnesses was describing the whole thing. Had I been that close and witnessed such a thing, I would be a quivering, dazed mass of frazzled nerves.

Link

How awful for the victim and his family. How absolutely tragic and shocking.

Sometimes a news story will stand out from all the others on that day...this is one of those for me.
OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
:lurk: Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:

Comments

• wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    Oh my God. Even with all of the grisly news stories I've seen, I wasn't expecting that. He was only my age - and he died in such a horrible way, for no reason at all. This robot needs to be deactivated, and fast. I can't even type very much, because my brain isn't giving me words. It's just so awful.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Beggining to read that slightly scared me because my brother is riding greyhound in Canada right now. Fortunately he shouldn't be around Manitoba but damn, that is absolutely horrific. He's on his way to Ft. Saint George in B.C. but he did miss his connection, and he had to sleep around the terminal last night so he probably would be sleeping now. He would have had to have taken the wrong bus, so I'm not worried it's him, but it gives me a bit of pause.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Yeah, no reason to worry because he said he was waiting for an 8. a.m. bus this morning in Vancouver and he didn't have a reason to go that direction. Read the whole story now...and don't know what to say either.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • KeeweeKeewee Posts: 1,376Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OMG How horrifying....To be killed like that I am speechless....
    3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
    P/Wmarissa
    http://public.fotki.com/Keewee
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Oh my God. What a terrible and senseless way to die. Very sad.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Wow that is highly disturbing, it's even more scary because I take greyhound a lot from Albany (go to school there) to NYC and to have something like this happen is really scary

Now if I take greyhound (hoping to get a car!) this story will be in the back of my head, Ill keep a close eye on my seat mate!!!!

My heart goes out to the victims family, that is a horrible way to die and at such a young age
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I thought this was the story you might be talking about - when I read your OP. Can't even go to sleep on a bus anymore...
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wish they had just killed the attacker outright. He may have a good chance of a diminished capacity defense. I'm not a violent person, but someone like that just needs to be put down.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    Some guy told me about that today, I thought he was making it up. Holy mess.
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    How bizzare! Poor guy. I'm sure no one saw that coming. This guy needs to be put away out of society. I never ride the bus, thank god. There are some real weirdos out there. This guy was so butchered for no apparent reason. This is so sad for him & his family.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • fluffywonderdoodlefluffywonderdoodle Posts: 316Registered Users
    Wow, that's truly shocking and just freaky. The things the guy did... yikes. It's scary. And for no apparent reason! What a sick person.
  • shirleytemple13shirleytemple13 Posts: 328Registered Users
    I just read this.... how awful. Did you read how everyone ran from the bus? Did anyone try to intervene and stop the stabbing???????
    2a/3a very fine and thin waves/curls
    DevaCurl NoPoo/Angel 2x weekly

Miracle baby Victoria Elise arrived 08/10/08
  • pelicanopelicano Posts: 580Registered Users
    To be fair, I would imagine that it was too late for the poor victim by the time someone noticed, and he could have massacred all the other passengers if they'd intervened.

Scary scary story.
    Sarah.

Based in the UK. 2-something (2b?) hair. Very porous, fine and brittle/fragile

Hair loves: Drip drying, glycerine, shea butter, oils
    Hair hates: Plopping, any kind of gel, most conditioners (scalp issues).
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wish they had just killed the attacker outright. He may have a good chance of a diminished capacity defense. I'm not a violent person, but someone like that just needs to be put down.

That was my thought, too.

My God, what this kid's family must be going through, to lose a child like this.

Why didn't anyone try to help him?
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • stefathenastefathena Posts: 450Registered Users
    why do we need to post such sad stories here? i like to think of nc.com as a mini-vacation from the harshness of life. :(
    new york city

barack the vote!
  • aptheislandgirlaptheislandgirl Posts: 636Registered Users
    Annarie101 wrote: »
    Some guy told me about that today, I thought he was making it up. Holy mess.

I went to my friend's house last night & his boyfriend told me about this. I was sure he was mistaken or exaggerating.

And here I thought nothing in the news could shock me anymore. :sad8:
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh my God. That is sick, demented, twisted, I can't think of enough words to describe because there are none. Wow, this guy is living proof that some people are just sick enough to be put down.
  • LiveFreeDieCurlyLiveFreeDieCurly Posts: 183Registered Users
    Honeycurls--how do you post a link the way you did in your inital post? I still can't figure out how to change the name like that so it doesn't show the entire link.

Here is another horrific incident I just came across. :sad8:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080801/ap_on_re_us/wisconsin_shooting;_ylt=AnlHXzFmVJicJOSCWUKFzMkDW7oF
    Fayetteville, North Carolina
    3b, brunette

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file