Curls WSP and TE Detox

rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
Who was it said they use this, and is it ok during detox or only after? I'm considering getting it eventually (not now since I'm officially broke at the moment LOL due to my orders, though I may get a small jar of East african shea butter and end it there). I'd LOVE to use it during the detox if possible but I'm being very cautious about that.
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Are you referring to the Wet Set Hair Pudding from Curls by Sisters Smith?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    misspam wrote: »
    Are you referring to the Wet Set Hair Pudding from Curls by Sisters Smith?

Yep. I looked up the detox thread after I posted this one and saw that you were the one that used it, any thoughts?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Okay, it was me. ;-) I did not want to use anything except the cocoa butter oil of ffmc during the detox period because I'm a stickler for following rules. lol Once I finished, I did use it and I love it! It gives me soft and bouncy curls with absolutely no heavy or producty feel. I don't know that I can recommend using it though, at least in the first stage of the detox.

I know the ingredients sound pretty harmless : glycerin, aloe vera and olive oil. Terressentials feels glycerin is a no-no because it is chemically extracted. WSHP also contains the preservative, germaben, which is also a TE no-no. Everyone has to make that call on their own. I just wanted to get through with the detox as quickly as possible. I wish I had a better answer for you. :flower:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    misspam wrote: »
    Okay, it was me. ;-) I did not want to use anything except the cocoa butter oil of ffmc during the detox period because I'm a stickler for following rules. lol Once I finished, I did use it and I love it! It gives me soft and bouncy curls with absolutely no heavy or producty feel. I don't know that I can recommend using it though, at least in the first stage of the detox.

I know the ingredients sound pretty harmless : glycerin, aloe vera and olive oil. Terressentials feels glycerin is a no-no because it is chemically extracted. WSHP also contains the preservative, germaben, which is also a TE no-no. Everyone has to make that call on their own. I just wanted to get through with the detox as quickly as possible. I wish I had a better answer for you. :flower:

Well, that actually clarifies a few things for me. I may try it eventually but during the detox I won't. Thanks for the input!! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You're welcome! :smilebox:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    rymorg2,

I have the WSP and I just gave it a try today on my last day of detox. For me it's been just okay but that could be operator error. I'm going to keep fooling around with it but probably will not purchase it again. I'd be happy to send you a sample to try if you like...just pm me and send me your address...assuming you're in the US :)

Michelle
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
    memes wrote: »
    rymorg2,

I have the WSP and I just gave it a try today on my last day of detox. For me it's been just okay but that could be operator error. I'm going to keep fooling around with it but probably will not purchase it again. I'd be happy to send you a sample to try if you like...just pm me and send me your address...assuming you're in the US :)

Michelle

Thanks Michelle....PM'd you!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OperaCurlsOperaCurls Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    Greettot wrote: »
    Everything is good when new, but friends when old.  ★★★   ★★★ ★★★★★ ★★★★★  ★★★★★★★★★★★ I Love You!  ★★★★★★★★★   ★★★★★★★    ★★★★★     ★★★      ★Welcome to our website for you World of Warcraft Gold,wow gold,Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,WoW Gold,WoW Gold,WoW Gold,WoW Gold,WoW Gold,

You have been reported for spamming. Go away.
    http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Sorry, those WoW spammers are incredibly persistent.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file